Sennheiser says it’s open to selling its consumer audio business
Feb 17, 2021 at 12:45 AM Post #6 of 144
This almost puts me in a panic. Anyone who buys it is sure to ruin it.

To be fair, with Axel Grell gone, it’s not really the same company anymore, anyways.

My current prediction is that as Apple continues to ramp up its audio division, one of its competitors will want to compete, they’ll decide to acquire Sennheiser, and the company will end up being a shell of its former self, just like AKG with Samsung’s acquisition. My guess is Sennheiser will be acquired by one of the Chinese smartphone giants like Huawei or Oppo. Maybe Tencent.

Feb 17, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #7 of 144
To be fair, Sennheiser’s official press release words it differently:
https://en-us.sennheiser.com/newsroom/message-from-andreas-and-daniel-sennheiser

“ Our products stand for the best sound and a unique audio experience. These are crucial factors at the heart of the purchasing decision for our customers in the Premium Headphones, Audiophile, Enhanced Hearing and Soundbars segments. Together with a partner, we want to build upon these strengths. In addition, it is crucial to increase the visibility of Sennheiser products in the market in order to participate in sustainable growth.”

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #8 of 144
Bye bye Sennheiser engineering and innovations.

Feb 17, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #9 of 144
not a lot of innovation lately from Sennheiser , they keep using their drivers for slightly different results in their new models but completely new platform and innovation is missing

Feb 17, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #10 of 144
The way I see it, this is absolutely the right thing to do. Sennheiser's pro audio trickled down into some of the best cans in the history of audio.

But along the way they lost focus and shotgunned the market with all kinds of products that diluted the Sennheiser name. I don't buy Sennheiser because they're innovative. I buy them because they make the best stuff and historically (but not lately) smart enough not to mess with success.

The only question I have is which headphones if any will continue in the new/old Sennheiser. Good riddance to gaming, bluetooth, and all the consumer junk.

Feb 17, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #14 of 144
To be fair, with Axel Grell gone, it’s not really the same company anymore, anyways.

My current prediction is that as Apple continues to ramp up its audio division, one of its competitors will want to compete, they’ll decide to acquire Sennheiser, and the company will end up being a shell of its former self, just like AKG with Samsung’s acquisition. My guess is Sennheiser will be acquired by one of the Chinese smartphone giants like Huawei or Oppo. Maybe Tencent.
Scroll up, Sennheiser has been a shell of its former self for decades already.

This is the best possible news- getting back to their roots makes complete sense. Things are moving in the right direction.

Feb 17, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #15 of 144
Sennheiser forever D201360E-2489-46A0-B702-11E687379010.jpeg
HD650
HD540 Reference Gold 600ohm
HD250 Linear 1 600ohm
Sennheiser, Lake People, and Bottlehead! How did it take you so long to join the forums!? Welcome :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back