Sennheiser removable cable connections; sound cuts out?
Mar 1, 2006 at 2:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jruser

100+ Head-Fier
My HD-25 SP has developed a problem where when the cable is moved then either of the ears will cut out until i move the cable a little bit at the connection to the ear.

It does not require much to get it to cut out, or more than a touch to get it back in. Originally I thought there was a short in the cable, but since then I have figured it is a problem with the connection to the ears.

Any ideas? I would think it was an unlucky glitch except it is happening with both ears. I am very gentle on my stuff so I do not feel that I have abused them.

Thanks

Mar 1, 2006 at 10:20 PM Post #2 of 5
This was a pretty common problem on the 580/600/25 many years ago that has since been corrected. Senn can repair them under warranty or at your cost, hopefully they are new enough to be warrantied.

Mar 2, 2006 at 1:42 AM Post #3 of 5
So I don't guess there is anything I can do myself? I doubt they are on any type of warranty. I bought them second hand off of ebay so I don't have a receipt or anything.

Mar 2, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #4 of 5
I had a similar intermittency problem with my HD-600 not long ago. It was due to the loosening of the spring connected to the driver. I managed to fix the problem myself. You may want to take a look of the repair photos below to have an idea.

http://www.pbase.com/jeepy206/580_intermittency_repairs

Good luck!

Mar 2, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #5 of 5
thanks. that looks like it might help. Now, does anybody know how to get to the connection on the HD25? I take off the cushion and I cannot get any other part apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back