Sennheiser recommendation for Bryston owner
Nov 19, 2017 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

itsikhefez

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

I'm looking for a headphone recommendation for my Bryston gear. (BDA-2 DAC, BHA-1 AMP).

I had a HD650 in the past and really liked the mid/bass but the detail was too lacking / not exciting for me. After trying a few headphones, I settled on DT990 600ohm which I've had for a while. At the time, I was using a PS Audio NuWave DSD DAC and Lehmann BCL.

With the Bryston stack, I feel them to be a bit shouty, and don't enjoy them as much.

I'm debating between an HD660s (which I heard in a Sennheiser shop and liked very much, although it was with their amp), or an HD700. The prices are currently pretty similar, hence considering the HD700, but never heard them.

Thoughts?

Nov 19, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #2 of 6
Hey all,

I'm looking for a headphone recommendation for my Bryston gear. (BDA-2 DAC, BHA-1 AMP).

I had a HD650 in the past and really liked the mid/bass but the detail was too lacking / not exciting for me. After trying a few headphones, I settled on DT990 600ohm which I've had for a while. At the time, I was using a PS Audio NuWave DSD DAC and Lehmann BCL.

With the Bryston stack, I feel them to be a bit shouty, and don't enjoy them as much.

I'm debating between an HD660s (which I heard in a Sennheiser shop and liked very much, although it was with their amp), or an HD700. The prices are currently pretty similar, hence considering the HD700, but never heard them.

Thoughts?
So we meet again. :) I very much liked it with the Jotunheim, but I don't know how similar it is to the Bryston gear.

Nov 19, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #4 of 6
We do! I hope you are doing well.

Thank you, I am! Finally decided to with the Ether Flow. It beat some worthy opponents.

Have you compared the 660s to HD600 or HD700 by any chance?

Sadly, I have never heard either. Very weird that the store doesn't have them.
I found the HD660S better than the HD650 in every way, though. Looks better, feels better, sounds better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back