Sennheiser rebate is a scam
Nov 5, 2008 at 10:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

conductor

New Head-Fier
I sent in my used headphones along with the upc code off the box and the original receipt to get the advertised $50 rebate for buying HD-600 phones. Got an email back from a "rebate company" saying my remission was invalid because the vendor was not participating and the upc code was an invalid one. The online dealer I bought the phones from is a wellknown one that even advertised the rebate on their website. Talked to a representive of the "rebate" company and was told I was out of luck and they couldn't return the headphones I sent. He said the upc code was not the right one. I cut it right off the new box. What B.S. ....Sennheiser says to deal with the rebate company. What a ripoff!

Nov 6, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #3 of 30
I got the headphones in september and mailed in the required stuff in a timely manner. Rebate ended the end of septemper. I just got the email saying my remittance wasnt valid just today. When I bought the phones or when I mailed in the remittence form and stuff is not an issue here.

Nov 6, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #7 of 30
I emailed them to make sure Newegg was an authorized e-tailer before making the purchase. Everything went smoothly and I already received the check. Took 6 weeks or so for the check to arrive.

Nov 6, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #9 of 30
Ok, great to know.
Welcome to Head-Fi though.
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2008 at 4:03 PM Post #10 of 30
conductor, I believe we spoke today on the phone. we took care of you and you'll get your rebate. please aim first, then fire. your post leaves a negative image about our company when in fact we helped you out. please keep these things in mind, as we work hard to please the customer and want you to be happy, and our phone lines are open to customer questions.

It was determinted that the EAN was likely sent in, not the UPC.

Remember, always buy from an authorized dealer and call us with questions!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2008 at 4:07 PM Post #11 of 30
This happened to me once with a D-Link router I bought so the store I bought it from gave me the rebate themselves when I complained about it. Then the rebate center changed their mind and gave me the rebate too so ended up getting a double rebate. Win for me!

Nov 6, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #12 of 30
Just received my rebate notification today. Everything looks good from my end. As usual they take a bit of time to get out, but that is (or should be) expected with rebates.

Nov 6, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #13 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDeliveryMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
conductor, I believe we spoke today on the phone. we took care of you and you'll get your rebate. please aim first, then fire. your post leaves a negative image about our company when in fact we helped you out. please keep these things in mind, as we work hard to please the customer and want you to be happy, and our phone lines are open to customer questions.

It was determinted that the EAN was likely sent in, not the UPC.

Remember, always buy from an authorized dealer and call us with questions!
smily_headphones1.gif

OP?

Nov 6, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #15 of 30
I bought 2 phones at different time. One rebate took longer than the other, but I got $ for both rebates.
The CX300, I bought from newegg has 2 bar codes thing: I was a bit confused which is the UPC code, so I sent both bar codes in just incase.

TheDeliveryMan had answered all my questions about related rebate questions very quickly also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back