Sennheiser Q&A: Momentum True Wireless
Oct 9, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #16 of 36
They don't care, they still ignore the issue claiming its been fixed in a firmware update... It's unbelievable, just admit you ****ed up and offer a huge discount for owners of the Gen 1 once you release the Gen 2.

Oct 9, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #17 of 36
They don't care, they still ignore the issue claiming its been fixed in a firmware update... It's unbelievable, just admit you ****ed up and offer a huge discount for owners of the Gen 1 once you release the Gen 2.

Sennheiser has never claimed that the power drain issue was fixed because they’re essentially saying it is by design. See their most recent comments in this forum.

I understand why people are peeved at the case-drain behavior but, to me, the tradeoff allowing instant-on and amazing sound quality is worth it.

• Is it optimal? No.

• Is it what most people are expecting? No.

• Is it a mistake? Yes and no; they designed it that way and have said so since the product debuted. It is in the documentation.

• Does the case-drain suck? Yes.

• Would I trade my MTW for any other true wireless currently on the market? Nope.

Oct 9, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #18 of 36
Sennheiser has never claimed that the power drain issue was fixed because they’re essentially saying it is by design. See their most recent comments in this forum.

I understand why people are peeved at the case-drain behavior but, to me, the tradeoff allowing instant-on and amazing sound quality is worth it.

• Is it optimal? No.

• Is it a mistake? Yes and no; they designed it that way and have said so since the product debuted. It is in the documentation.

• Would I trade my MTW for any other true wireless currently on the market? Nope.

Yeah, it's by design. You know what would've been a better design choice? Not let the earphones stay on after putting them in the case. Have them turn off consistently when they're back in the case or just have a little button on the case that turns them on and off. That'd be a better design choice.

Oct 9, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #19 of 36
Yeah, it's by design. You know what would've been a better design choice? Not let the earphones stay on after putting them in the case. Have them turn off consistently when they're back in the case or just have a little button on the case that turns them on and off. That'd be a better design choice.

Agreed. Sometimes it seems like the MTW was designed by two people working in parallel, one on the wireless/power electronics and one on the audio components, who only discovered they’d have to compromise too late in the game to offer a cohesive consumer electronics experience.

I hope this bizarre behavior is handled in Version 2. Too many compromises were made for “instant on” especially considering how bad the call quality is.

Oct 10, 2019 at 5:43 AM Post #20 of 36

• Is it optimal? No.

How can you find it acceptable? I've never had this problem with any other TWS... Sure the SQ is awesome, but what does it matter if you're out of battery after charging it just the other day? The 3-4 weeks that I had them was a nightmare, they ruined plenty of work/work out passes for me by having the battery drained.

Sound quality doesn't mean crap when they aren't reliable. With the already low battery life coupled with the battery drain issues it wouldn't surprise me if the battery get degraded very fast.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #21 of 36

LOL. How do you know the Gen 2 will be good on battery?

Oct 10, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #22 of 36
I am wondering how the airpod working on battery? The batteries of MTW just never turn off, keep leaking power after being turned off.

Oct 10, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #23 of 36
LOL. How do you know the Gen 2 will be good on battery?
I don't get why this is so hard to comprehend. The MTW doesn't have a battery life issue. The issue is that they don't switch off after you put them away. When you use them normally, battery life isn't great but it's fine but if they keep draining and don't turn off after you put them away, then that's an issue that needs to be fixed.

In the latest firmware, they added a switch off button in the menus of the app which is cumbersome. If anything, they should've added it to the app's main screen which still does ant solve the issue but helps slightly.

Oct 20, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #24 of 36
how difficult can it be to change the firmware in order for the MTW to switch off when placed in the case???
Sennheiser tekkies wake up!

Oct 24, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #25 of 36
now they are just turning on by themselves in the case when my phone is nearby...what he hell???

Oct 24, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #26 of 36
how difficult can it be to change the firmware in order for the MTW to switch off when placed in the case???
Sennheiser tekkies wake up!

Those design guys are foolish, the earbuds can't turn off even the App has a "turn off" menu! They just go into to sleep, after two days, no battery at all.

Jan 1, 2020 at 3:01 AM Post #27 of 36
There always has to be a balance between battery life, driving power (amp) for sound quality, connection strength, and processing power (Bluetooth codec decoding, latency, and responsiveness). We also use NFMI to connect the two earbuds because it has advantages in transmission (not blocked by the body) and lower power consumption in our testing for the earpieces and the source device (like a smartphone) compared to multiple synced bluetooth connections.

What coded is used between earpieces with NFMI? F.ex. NXP NFMI chips support only SBC wireless audio codec at best. These sound amazing so I am asking out of curiosity because I am technically inclined. Maybe you have a custom implementation or use some other chip I did not find when trying to find NFMI chips with Google. Anyway NFMI provides enough bandwidth for aptX based on the papers I read.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back