Sennheiser PXC 450 Earpad Replacement?
Apr 28, 2020 at 9:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kennyj

New Head-Fier
My wife has a trusty old PXC 450 whose pleather earpads are disintegrating. Given that Sennheiser's replacements are not inexpensive ($60) but still sweaty, cheap-feeling pleather, I'm looking for alternate choices. I'd prefer to set her up with real leather, and I know there are generally some good choices in the >$50 range... at least, for more popular units.

I've found references to their earpads also fitting the 5xx series, and some (lower-end) aftermarket pads are marked as compatible with both. Dekoni has one specifically for the 5xx series, but it isn't marked for the PXC 450 (and it's also pleather, but still.)

Has anyone found any options that fit, other than the official Sennheiser replacements?

Apr 28, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #2 of 3
It might be worth searching ebay etc. The earpads on my trusty PX 100s were falling apart and I was able to get 3 sets of noname pads that are actually quite nice at a very low price.

May 8, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #3 of 3
My wife has a trusty old PXC 450 whose pleather earpads are disintegrating. Given that Sennheiser's replacements are not inexpensive ($60) but still sweaty, cheap-feeling pleather, I'm looking for alternate choices. I'd prefer to set her up with real leather, and I know there are generally some good choices in the >$50 range... at least, for more popular units.

I've found references to their earpads also fitting the 5xx series, and some (lower-end) aftermarket pads are marked as compatible with both. Dekoni has one specifically for the 5xx series, but it isn't marked for the PXC 450 (and it's also pleather, but still.)

Has anyone found any options that fit, other than the official Sennheiser replacements?

I bought these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172341582908

Description is 'Material:Artificial leather (Protein leather,very soft)', and it feels every bit as the original ones. Just be aware that you have to save the black plastic rings from the old set, they are needed when you mount the replacement set. There is a YT video on this. You also have to check when you press the new ones down to lock into the plastic mount, double check that they actually lock correctly. That's it, not too difficult. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back