Sennheiser PXC 360 BT or Sennheiser MM 550.
Apr 6, 2012 at 1:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Bosaapje

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a new pair of headphones and whilst searching I came across the Sennheiser PXC 360 BT and the Sennheiser MM550. Let me first say that I'm not really into headphones. A few years ago I bought the Sennheiser HD 205 and I liked it, until the cable broke. Since then I bought a new set of in-ears nearly every half year as my in-ears always suffered from broken cables. Now I want to buy a proper headphone with the following features:

- A detachable cable
- Bluetooth
- Noise Canceling
- Noise Isolation
- USB-charchable
- Over-ear

So I saw the PXC 360 BT and the MM550, and they looked like they were pretty good.

Specs PXC 360 BT
Specs MM550 Travel

They seem to be the same. As I said, I'm not that into headphones so the only big difference (correct me if I'm wrong) is that the MM550 got microphones in the ear-section so that you can Skype with it and people can talk and you will still understand them. The PXC 360 also got a TalkThrough-function, I don't know if it makes a big difference.

I can get the PXC 360 BT for 175 euro's (~230$) and the mm550 is about 290 euro's (~380$). Is the MM550 really worth the extra money or is the PXC 360 BT a better buy? Or are there some headphones which are even better price/performence (keep in mind that I don't want to import and that I buy within the Netherlands).

I hope that you can give me some advice,

Cheers,

Maarten

Apr 20, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #3 of 4
I'm also wondering about this.

Bosaapje is a friend of mine and he ordered the PXC 360 BT which he expects to be deliverd tomorrow.
But are there any other BT (with the option to attach a cable), over ear and noise canceling headphones? I wasn't able to find anything with a few quick searches, but maybe people here now more.

Apr 28, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #4 of 4
In my long searches, I haven't found any other BT headphones with all the features of the Senn's.  I've looked hard and they seem to be the best solution for what I'm looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back