Sennheiser PX200-II question
Jun 29, 2012 at 7:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Orel

Head-Fier
I bought a Sennheiser PX200-II from eBay as a demo model with its jack replaced (40 dollars + 15 shipping), and since new one was around 70 dollars, the seller's other items were similliar and it got good comments (none of a fake product too) I bought it.
It's like described, looks like new and has its jack replaced, but the sound.. Isn't very good. I read some people saying that it's crisp clear, but mine sounds muffled, and drums and S's sometimes sound harsh and kind of off. The soundstage is pretty bad too.. Is it the PX200-II or is it just my model?

Jun 30, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #3 of 4
Mine were pretty clear right out of the box with the nice separation and good size stage. The bass and treble roll off on both ends esp. unamped/with weaker sources as they do like a bit of juice.  Maybe the bass was a bit congested until some hours were put on them.

Sounds like a bad job on the plug replacement maybe.

Jun 30, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the reply, yea that's possible but it looks good.. Yea they aren't very loud.. I guess I should return them, it's just that they were a gift from my girlfriend and I'd hate troubling her, and I should check if he accepts returns ^^" Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back