Sennheiser PX100-II
Feb 2, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #16 of 22
I have to tell everyone to stay away from the PX 100 II and the PX 100.   They simply do not hold up over time.  I've had the PX 100's and over the 2 year warranty period they stopped working twice.  Finally at the end of that 2 year period Sennheiser sent me the PX 100 II's as my third pair.  Sadly after 3 months those have also stopped working.   The wiring is simply too thin and flimsy and eventually general wear and tear will take its toll.  I babied my pair of PX 100 II's and it didn't matter. So if you don't mind sending them back every now and then I would recommend them but I have to tell you that routine gets real tiring over time. Sennheiser doesn't pay for shipping back to them but they will take care of shipping them back to you.

Good Luck.

Feb 2, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #18 of 22

Quote:
I have to tell everyone to stay away from the PX 100 II and the PX 100.   They simply do not hold up over time.  I've had the PX 100's and over the 2 year warranty period they stopped working twice.  Finally at the end of that 2 year period Sennheiser sent me the PX 100 II's as my third pair.  Sadly after 3 months those have also stopped working.   The wiring is simply too thin and flimsy and eventually general wear and tear will take its toll.  I babied my pair of PX 100 II's and it didn't matter. So if you don't mind sending them back every now and then I would recommend them but I have to tell you that routine gets real tiring over time. Sennheiser doesn't pay for shipping back to them but they will take care of shipping them back to you.

Good Luck.

Well, I had a pair of PX100s a couple years ago - liked the sound in general (abit too dark though) and they were real comfy and light, but I too found them too fragile. I agree that the wiring is too thin and the strain relief on both ends obvious weren't too effective either.

Nov 26, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #19 of 22

Just got a pair of PX-100 MkIis for my daughter.  Upon comparison, I find that I am a bit dissapointed with the Mk IIs.  There seems to be colouration on the Bass and it sounds much rounder and has lots of overtones.  The crisp sound of the PX-100 is missing,  It doesn't sound as bright as the originals but the bass is deeper.

However, my daugther seems to prefer the Mk!! over the originals, saying that the originals are lacking a "solid" sound.  I guess we are listening to opposite types of music.

Price-wise they cost the same, though the MkIIs have the advantage of a single cable, but lack the solid plastic carrying case.  They look more solidly built too, however, I haven't any problems with the original 3 yr old headphones

Clover

Jun 1, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #20 of 22
I've had a number of PX-100s die on me - it's always the plug end of the wire. When one went, I'd just buy another one.

Eventually, I had several lying around and I decided to spend the money on soldering equipment and plugs instead. I can report that fixing a PX-100 is very easy, and I haven't had one break since I put a new plug on it.
smile_phones.gif

Jun 4, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #21 of 22
I purchased the PX 100-II on Friday.

I returned them today.  They were torture to wear.  Only after wearing them for 2 hours (and I need headphones that I can wear for 7+ hours at a time), my ears were incredibly sore and very red.  The head band is simply too tight for me.

They did sound good to me, but the pain involved was too much. 

Jun 4, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #22 of 22
I had the original PX200 for 7 years. Yes not ultra comfortable, but the head band was adjustable, and the sound was nice, rather balanced for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back