Sennheiser px 360
May 13, 2012 at 9:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

swaffleman

100+ Head-Fier
I just got these today, so I am reviewing them with no burn in. 

Anyway, I walked into a Best Buy out of boredom today. I just graduated and I've been taking it easy lately. I noticed a new set up with some seriously heavy duty new headphones, including some really expensive wooden audio technicas. You could listen to each one. 

I was the most impressed overall with the px360s, given their price. I also really dig the design. I impulsively bought them. I've been listening to them all day long. 

A long story short: They sound a LOT like the px 200s and 200 iis do, except the sound is much more spacious and the bass is much more present. 

The sound is very balanced. I've read some other reviews complaining of some mid range recession, but so far I've been able to hear just about every single detail in every layer of the music I've been listening to. 

For instance, I've been listening to the uplift mofo party plan by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. The song "me and my friends" has a lot of mid range funk guitar ostinato going on. On headphones that are unbalanced that have either too much bass or are just really boomy or sibilant, you can barely hear the ostinato. I can hear it very well with these. The bass is very tight, and more present than the px 200s (which is good since I considered them to be bass light). 

Classical music has a ton of depth and clarity. I can hear specific parts in the most bombastic of parts of a symphony. Basses and Cellos have a wonderful and deep sound, yet it's textured. This is something I was missing on my px200s. 

The treble range sounds very, very clear and airy, mid range solid and audible, and the bass is tight and strong, but not too warm. The overall sound is mostly a beefed up neutral sound. 

They are somewhat hard to drive. They aren't as bad as the HD 218s or other Sennheiser models as of late. I can get them to pretty loud volumes with most recordings with just my MP3 player. They only become disappointing with recordings that have an inherently lower volume. I have a number of classical recordings where I need to use my portable amp to get a good loud sound. But on most recordings they do fine. In contrast, I own the HD218s, and on most recordings I have to use a portable amp to get an acceptable volume level. 

I can, however, actually get too loud with the px 360s. I forgot to mention that they block quite a bit of noise passively, so even though they don't go as loud as some other sets, you can still hear it very well. And even with a lot of my classical recordings, they are loud enough without an amp. 

Comfort is great. For me the actually go around my ears, but only just. They don't clamp too much, but perhaps a little. They fit tightly, but it hasn't been uncomfortable for me yet. 

Build quality, so far, seems amazing. They feel very sturdy yet light weight. Their construction is very solid, and the coloring and styling is attractive for their size. They don't look like a huge headset that I'd be embarrassed to have on in public. The color is a flat black. Not shiny. There is one cord, and it comes from the right side. The cord is very thin, but feels sturdy. The plug is also an L plug, which I prefer. 

I'd highly recommend them. 

May 13, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #2 of 3
Cool, thanks for sharing your experience..i wonder how they compare to the HD-25's. 

May 14, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #3 of 3
Sound wise I prefer them. I once owned the HD25s. The px360s have a similarly neutral sound signature, but they also have a more spacious sound. Everything with the HD25s was a bit closer sounding than it is on the px360. The px360s also have slightly more bass. But if you look at response graphs for both, you'll see they are both pretty neutral. 

The px360s are more comfortable as well, and cheaper. 

One thing the HD25's have other them, though, is volume. the 25s are easier to drive and can get louder, so those quieter recordings have a bit more headroom volume wise. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back