Sennheiser PX 100 VS PX 200
Mar 14, 2006 at 5:37 AM Post #4 of 9
I faced the same dilema last year when searching for a portable set of cans. After lots of reading reached the conclusion that most people preffered the sound of the px100. I bought them and was not let down, they sound pretty good for portables, however if you live in a city, like I do, and have to deal with crowds, subways, traffic... you´ll most probably en up thinking if the isolation on the px200 (if it actually isolates, I havent had the oportunity to try) might be worth a slight degradation in sound quality, given that the outside noise will subtract quality from your sound anyway.

I know I have reached the point where the Px100 just dont cut it in the city for me anymore (find myself turning up the voume too loud and I´m trying to live off my ears, so thats no good). Would like to try the px200 but decided to take a diffirent route and am now awaiting delivery of some Westone UM1 IEMs, somehow dont trust the isolation on the px200 would be enough for me (but I may be wrong).

Mar 14, 2006 at 2:42 PM Post #5 of 9
The PX100 are fantastic for the form-factor and value. Very easily driven by even very low powered source. (like a flash mp3player) I haven't tried the PX200, but would look for something else if isolation is needed. I haven't heard too much positive about the PX200.

Mar 14, 2006 at 3:27 PM Post #6 of 9
I have both PX100 and PX200. The PX100 are excellent for the price. The PX200 would also be an excellent low priced portable if you can keep sufficient pressure on your ears. The band does not keep sufficient pressure on my ears and as a result they do not isolate much at all and there is no bass. If I press them against my ears a little both problems are solved. As they are, they are not very useful for me. They may fit your ears better and work fine. I have the EP630 coming tomorrow, which I hope will give me portable isolation and good SQ.

Mar 14, 2006 at 3:40 PM Post #7 of 9
Just to echo the others - I have the PX250 (same as 200 but with noise reduction circuitry that you can turn off) and PX100, and there is no comparison with the sound. The 250s are lacking in bass, thin in sound and don't even isolate noise from outside that well, although I presume they are less annoying to others on my frequent plane trips. I would never use them from day to day, and only when I am in close proximity to others on trips, as they are so bad sounding. The 100s sound fine however - a really enjoyable set of phones for their meagre price.

Mar 14, 2006 at 3:41 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by needmoretoys
I have both PX100 and PX200. The PX100 are excellent for the price. The PX200 would also be an excellent low priced portable if you can keep sufficient pressure on your ears. The band does not keep sufficient pressure on my ears and as a result they do not isolate much at all and there is no bass. If I press them against my ears a little both problems are solved. As they are, they are not very useful for me. They may fit your ears better and work fine. I have the EP630 coming tomorrow, which I hope will give me portable isolation and good SQ.

Yes, if you've got a big head!
580smile.gif

Mar 14, 2006 at 5:31 PM Post #9 of 9
If you need the isolation it would be best if possible to try how the PX200 fit on your head. I use my PX200 extensivley (several hours per day) and am really happy with them. For me they fit perfectly and there is no problem with the seal. I find the bass really punchy and tight (considering how small these cans are).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back