Sennheiser Product Registration
Apr 14, 2021 at 9:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Whitebread

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello Fellow Head-fiers,
I have a new pair of Sennheiser headphones that I'd like to register, in the case that I need a future repair. However, Sennheiser's contact points are just terrible. For such an accomplished company, I'd expect their customer support department to be easily reachable. Their support phone number (1-877 366 6434) drops calls and their website leads to a HTTP 404 error when trying to register. Does anyone know of any other methods or contact information that I can use to get in touch with Sennheiser customer support?

Thanks,

Apr 14, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #2 of 9
@Sennheiser

I think based on an FTC ruling from like 30 40 years ago, your warranty does not depend on product registration i.e. they cannot force you to register to validate your warranty and you don't waive any rights if you don't.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #3 of 9
Just save your receipt if you bought it from an authorized dealer. And don’t worry too much about it. Most likely it won’t break just from normal use. Sennheiser is so well designed. Just don’t have some fat lady sit on your headphones by accident.

Apr 16, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #4 of 9
@Sennheiser

I think based on an FTC ruling from like 30 40 years ago, your warranty does not depend on product registration i.e. they cannot force you to register to validate your warranty and you don't waive any rights if you don't.
Thanks, I did not know this.

Apr 16, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #5 of 9
Just save your receipt if you bought it from an authorized dealer. And don’t worry too much about it. Most likely it won’t break just from normal use. Sennheiser is so well designed. Just don’t have some fat lady sit on your headphones by accident.
I was thinking about doing this, but I fear that this might be problematic. The thing is that I received the HD800S as a gift from a friend through Amazon. So, the only "receipt" I have is the email I got from Amazon after the gift was received. That email doesn't contain any information about when it was bought, the price, etc. I'm wondering it this would still count as a receipt in the event that I actually need warranty coverage.

Apr 16, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #6 of 9
^Hmmm.....I would try to contact Sennheiser if it’s possible. If you’re not successful, just try to screen shot any purchase info even if it looks not valid.

If there’s any good news, I feel that your headphone will never break within your life time but that’s just my unofficial non scientific impression.

Apr 19, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #7 of 9
^Hmmm.....I would try to contact Sennheiser if it’s possible. If you’re not successful, just try to screen shot any purchase info even if it looks not valid.

If there’s any good news, I feel that your headphone will never break within your life time but that’s just my unofficial non scientific impression.
I've tried a number of times. There are been different errors every time. I'm quite surprised how bad product support is from Sennheiser.

Apr 19, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #8 of 9
I was thinking about doing this, but I fear that this might be problematic. The thing is that I received the HD800S as a gift from a friend through Amazon. So, the only "receipt" I have is the email I got from Amazon after the gift was received. That email doesn't contain any information about when it was bought, the price, etc. I'm wondering it this would still count as a receipt in the event that I actually need warranty coverage.
To my knowledge no, because Amazon is not an authorized Sennheiser reseller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back