Sennheiser PC350 Help
Dec 6, 2010 at 10:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Nailzy

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

Sorry if the answer already lies here somewhere but I've been unable to find it :frowning2:

A pair of PC350's came into my possession at a bargain price some time ago. Initially I was worried they were fake but when I found the bass mod on these forums - I compared the internals with everyone elses and all is well.

8 months or so on from doing the bass mod (which made SUCH a difference!!) - my left driver has completely died without warning. No amount of tapping was making it work, and it was working one night and not the next morning. Tested resistance on the driver - nothing. Other driver gives a reading so the driver must be done in.

Problem I am having is sourcing a replacement capsule. These are out of warranty and Sennheiser don't cover them under their £34.95 fixed repair service, and are also telling me that they do not sell ANY spares for these headphones and you just have to buy a new set.

I find this incredible giving that the HD380 / PXC350 are very very similar in design.

Does anyone know if the HD380 or PXC350 capsule will fit the headset?

Cheers for any help!

Richie

Nov 25, 2021 at 12:57 AM Post #3 of 3
I cant help with the issue or the parts and im 11 years late, but I am totally flabbergasted by the average consumer... I have hd380 on in my work and they are horrible... Humiliating that they have put PRO next to the headphone that sounds more like sony than senn, but i understand ignorant people would enjoy it, since it have + freaking 12 db at 70hz or so... after only few minutes, my ears hurt from the overblown bass. mids distant and thin, higs the same- present, but thin and poor layering. PC350 blows 380 back to the drawing board... Much more balanced sound, it sounds like refined bose ae2, with bigger sound stage and much more vivid mids... All in all: DONT do a bass mod, 350 have phenomenal sound and perhaps its your source that cant drive them properly, or you are so used to cheap, bassy headphones that you expected from sennheiser to make better version of cheap buds... 350 actually have peak at 40hz, which is nuts... Yes, mid bass is flat, but all the information is there, its vivid, not cold or warm, its great really... If you do a bass mod, you will most certainly annihilate the sound , every time i put them on i remember bass mod and i shed a tear for every one of you that did it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back