Sennheiser MX 300 vs MX 360 vs MX 460 vs MX 500 vs MX 560 vs MX 660 vs MX 760
Jul 16, 2008 at 10:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

nevermind

New Head-Fier
Well the title says it all...

Sennheiser MX 300 vs MX 360 vs MX 460 vs MX500 vs MX 560 vs MX 660 vs MX 760....

Which one should I get?

EDIT: CX 300 is another option... Please consider that too. But if you think CX 300 is better than all of the above, please tell me the best of the Mx series too...

Jul 16, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's your budget and what music do you listen to/how do you like your music?

We maybe able to recommend some better value ones depending on price range.

I have to choose from the list above, because they are the only models available at stores near me.

I like rock music, but I don't like the music being made automatically bassy by the earphones... I need mid, low and high ranges in a balanced fashion...

Jul 17, 2008 at 1:17 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then maybe the Denon C551's @ Amazon for $54 looks great and wil lbe better.

I need these very urgently, so ordering from amazon is not an option. So from your comments, I understand that you don't find any of the MX models good, am I wrong?

Jul 17, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #8 of 12
If you're going to listen in noisy environments, get the CX300. It'll provide as least a little isolation. If you buy ear buds, you'll just turn up the volume and damage your hearing. If you want buds, you might want to look at the PK3. They get pretty good reviews. I've not heard them, but I do have the MX500. I tried listening to them the other day and they're not that good.

Another option, if you live in the US, is the KSC75. It's $25 at Radio Shack and cheaper if you mail order. It's a huge step up from the MX500.

The most popular headphones here in your price range are probalby the Koss KSC 75 and PortaPro, the PK3, and the Sennhieser PX100. There's also the Grado SR-60 which you can get in your price range by mail order. If you're lucky, you can buy them locally as well. There's a dealer near me.

Jul 17, 2008 at 4:43 AM Post #10 of 12
If you are going to choose from the ones you listed, I recommend at getting at least the newer MX460. I own the MX660 and have listened to the MX460, and they sounded the same to my ears, so I assume the MX460~760 use the same drivers. They are definitely an improvement over the older MX500.
I have also tried the MX360, but I would avoid it since it sounds like a muddier MX500, and the price between the MX360 and 460 probably isn't too great.

Jul 17, 2008 at 2:45 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're going to listen in noisy environments, get the CX300. It'll provide as least a little isolation. If you buy ear buds, you'll just turn up the volume and damage your hearing. If you want buds, you might want to look at the PK3. They get pretty good reviews. I've not heard them, but I do have the MX500. I tried listening to them the other day and they're not that good.

yup, regular buds just are horrible at sealing out noise. you get better sound with sealed in ear types. and less annoying people around u as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back