Sennheiser momentum wireless sound
Sep 26, 2018 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mr.Marko448

New Head-Fier
Hello!

I've bought myself some sennheiser momentum wireless or HD1 as they are called now after going through numbers and numbers of reviews. I originally wanted to buy sony WH-1000xm2, but after finding out that they can crack after a while i decided to go with these ones. I fell in love with them after a number of praises about how good and warm they soind so i bought them. But when i tested them myself i was quite disappointed. The bass and mids were good and full while listening to edm or something similar, but when i listened to rock or metal they sounded sooo cold and the mids and highs at vocals or hi-hats/ other cymbals, high piched gutars... sounded really flat and almost echoing and static like. I experienced that wirelessly and when the cable was attached. On my pc and my phone. Are my headphones broken? Has anyone experienced anything like this with them before? And how can i improve the sound?

Sep 26, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #2 of 6
Nope, they're not broken. That was similar to my impression as well. I listen to rock, and I took them off while sampling relatively quick. Can you return or exchange them?
I never understood why these get so much praise. Very consumer tuned imo. I've found that the B&O H6 walks circles around these. Just my 2 cents

Sep 27, 2018 at 4:50 AM Post #3 of 6
Nope, they're not broken. That was similar to my impression as well. I listen to rock, and I took them off while sampling relatively quick. Can you return or exchange them?
I never understood why these get so much praise. Very consumer tuned imo. I've found that the B&O H6 walks circles around these. Just my 2 cents

Sadly i cannot return or exchange them. I'm listening to a lot of trance and edm too, so that is not that big of an issue for me. I will give them a go for a few more weeks before i finally decide whether i sell them or not. I just have one more question. Would something like DAP help with improving the sound?

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #4 of 6
Late to the party.

Depending on your source, you could initially attempt to use the equalizer. That’s at least free, or really cheap if you need to buy an app.

Oct 9, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #5 of 6
Late to the party.

Depending on your source, you could initially attempt to use the equalizer. That’s at least free, or really cheap if you need to buy an app.

Hello!

I've recently tried the headphones on a few other sources. And i must say they perform really really better. I've tried them once more on my computer but instead of using the front port i used the port on the back of my computer. And the results were much better. But the moment I tried my brothers DAC I've fallen in love with them. I got to the point where i want to won a DAC too, but because i'm a student and traveling most of the time i want to have a portable one. So i have been thinking of buying a DAP but i don't know which one. The ones i've been looking at are: xduoo x3, shanling m1 and the new fiio m3k (which i like the most). Will they perform as well as my brothers focusrite or not?

Oct 9, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #6 of 6
Unfortunately i don’t know jack about DAPs. Sorry :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back