Sennheiser Momentum vs Grado sr225
Jun 1, 2013 at 6:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Hifi Man

100+ Head-Fier
Yo. I hope it's okay to make like a thread a day. I'm just so interested in headphones lately. 

I'm thinking about returning 2 of my headphones to get 1 of these ones. I was ordering the Sennheiser HD558 and I already have the Grado sr80i. I'm curious about an upgrade, because I don't need 2 headphones at once and I could afford a higher end model if I return both the Grado sr80i and Sennheiser HD558. I haven't tried the Sennheiser 558 yet but I have a feeling I don't need all these headphones at once 
confused_face.gif

So I don't know which one would be the clearer best. Would either one better than the other for every style of music? Would the Momentum definitely be the best headphone of the two? It's about 50 dollars more from VM innovations but may be worth it to me if it's the best.

Jun 1, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #2 of 2
I do have the Momentum and the Grado Sr60i and honestly I prefer the Grado sound. I find the sennheiser a bit delicate to carry around and the case is huge! However, they are closed back and might be a lot more useful in the long run. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back