Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Aug 10, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #2,387 of 3,594
Quote:
how can i know what size for it ?
i just measure my ear ( height/tall 6.5cm and wide about 3.5cm )
will it fit my ear?

They measure about 4.8cm/3.5cm on the inside. My ear is 6.1cm height and they work for me. Bigger ears might be a problem.

Aug 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #2,392 of 3,594
Are these headphones good for electronic music? I listen to a lot of liquid Drum and Bass and hip-hop so a bold sub bass and mid bass is highly important for me. Hate all the celebrity headphones i have tried tho. So would prefer something quality from a trusted brand...

Have the Phillips X1 for at home use. but looking for something like this for on the go.

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #2,394 of 3,594
Quote:
Are these headphones good for electronic music? I listen to a lot of liquid Drum and Bass and hip-hop so a bold sub bass and mid bass is highly important for me. Hate all the celebrity headphones i have tried tho. So would prefer something quality from a trusted brand...

Have the Phillips X1 for at home use. but looking for something like this for on the go.

I listen to a TON of EDM and they work great for that.  M-100 should also be another consideration.  

Aug 12, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #2,395 of 3,594
I just got a pair of Momentums yesterday in black and red.
1.  The headphones look very modern and stylish.  It looks great without being over the top like Beats.
2.  The lambskin cushions are amazingly comfortable.
3.  The sound is incredible for the stuff I listen to and do even better with some EQ adjustment.  I was looking for some fun headphones with nice kick in the bass and these are great.
4.  It's unfortunate the controls don't work on non iOS devices.  Play/pause work on my Android phone, but not the volume keys.

Headphones I own/use to compare these:

Audio Technica ATH-A900 - bigger soundstage but less emphasis on bass.  I still love these headphones for their presentation.  I just wanted something with more kick and more portable.
Sennheiser IE8 - I LOVE these IEM's.  They have incredible sound in such a small package.  The Momentums offer a similar signature.

Unfortunately, I am having some comfort issues with the Momentums.  I think it's the clamping pressure.  I wear glasses and after awhile I notice some soreness when taking the headphones off.  Is there a way to "stretch" out the headphones so that it has less pressure?  I think the ear cup size is actually OK.  If I can reduce the clamping pressure I think these will be perfect.  I also hope Sennheiser will offer larger ear cups at some point.  It'd be nice to have the option.

Aug 12, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #2,396 of 3,594
Quote:

Unfortunately, I am having some comfort issues with the Momentums.  I think it's the clamping pressure.  I wear glasses and after awhile I notice some soreness when taking the headphones off.  Is there a way to "stretch" out the headphones so that it has less pressure?  I think the ear cup size is actually OK.  If I can reduce the clamping pressure I think these will be perfect.  I also hope Sennheiser will offer larger ear cups at some point.  It'd be nice to have the option.

I don't know if this has been covered, but I assumed it was a given that anyone could stretch out the headband a little if they needed it looser - I did it to mine twice (simply by stretching it out by hand a little at a time) because the pressure on my skull was more than I'm used to. 
Now, comfort levels are phenomenal. 

Aug 12, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #2,398 of 3,594
Sounds like my bases are covered when
12.gif

Aug 13, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #2,399 of 3,594
I don't know if I should get the Momentums or the V-Moda M100's. ARRRGGGHHH!!! I'm far from being an audiophile (have not developed a good enough ear to truly distinguish parts) as of yet but if I was to drop over $300 dollars, I'd want the best choice. I haven't heard how well these stack up against the M100's with alternative/experimental bands like Radiohead......anyone have any experience with this?

Aug 13, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #2,400 of 3,594
I don't know if I should get the Momentums or the V-Moda M100's. ARRRGGGHHH!!! I'm far from being an audiophile (have not developed a good enough ear to truly distinguish parts) as of yet but if I was to drop over $300 dollars, I'd want the best choice. I haven't heard how well these stack up against the M100's with alternative/experimental bands like Radiohead......anyone have any experience with this?

From what I heard the M100 is a lot more bassy than the Momentums. If you prefer more bass then go for the M100 :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back