Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Feb 7, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #1,381 of 3,594
Well I just ordered the Vmoda m100 to test them against my momentums. If they win momentum goes up for sale. Anybody pit these two against each other yet? 

Feb 7, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #1,382 of 3,594
Sorry that I'm posting so much, but I've come to experience a potential issue with my headphones. It seems that whenever I play certain songs I can hear static, possible in place of a frequency range. It's not the typical static that comes with turning speakers to their maximum volume. I believe there is supposed to be some sort of instrument playing instead of the static. I've heard this in the left ear on songs such as Bohemian Rhapsody on "Gratest Hits 1" Album (CD) and several other songs. Sometimes it's in the right ear. I want to know if my Momentums are possibly defective or not.

Feb 8, 2013 at 3:37 AM Post #1,384 of 3,594
Quote:
Sorry that I'm posting so much, but I've come to experience a potential issue with my headphones. It seems that whenever I play certain songs I can hear static, possible in place of a frequency range. It's not the typical static that comes with turning speakers to their maximum volume. I believe there is supposed to be some sort of instrument playing instead of the static. I've heard this in the left ear on songs such as Bohemian Rhapsody on "Gratest Hits 1" Album (CD) and several other songs. Sometimes it's in the right ear. I want to know if my Momentums are possibly defective or not.

You might want to check if a hair got caught in the thin fabric covering the drivers. And the cable connections, something might have a loose fit. Did you try another source?

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #1,386 of 3,594
I just plugged my Momentums into my new BlackBerry Z10 phone, and the controls on the cord work!

Volume up and down, play/pause, etc. Nice! The mic works, too.

I was afraid these were Apple-only controls. I'm glad that's not the case.

Feb 8, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #1,388 of 3,594
Quote:

You might want to check if a hair got caught in the thin fabric covering the drivers. And the cable connections, something might have a loose fit. Did you try another source?

It turns out that ALL versions of Bohemian Rhapsody contain some glitches in the left half of the sound, from around 2:00 to 3:00.  I just only heard the song from PC speakers and iBuds.  

Feb 9, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #1,391 of 3,594
Can you compare the sound output of the GS3 and the iPhone 4S? I've heard around the interwebs that Samsung mobile products don't come with great internal sound cards compared to, lets say, the iPhone 4S or Nokia.

My girlfriend has an iphone 5. The only difference I hear is that hers is louder. There's actually a thread about the s3. It has a Wolfson dac which from what I understand is pretty high end. The ipad actually sounds really good unamped.

A guy at work has a nexus. I think its a nexus s. I keep my gain at 6 and I could hear a ton of line level noise when i tried his phone. Had to turn the gain to 0 to get rid of it. Although unamped it sounded pretty good.

I was contemplating the m100s but no one carries them so I haven't had a chance to listen to them. From what I heard the v moda are for sophisticated bass heads. I ended picking these because they sound better with a wider selection of music genres.

Feb 10, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #1,392 of 3,594
If someone happens to live in Spain, or is visiting Spain, you can get the Momentums for as low as 179€ on el Corte Inglés.

http://www.elcorteingles.es/tienda/electronica/browse/productDetail.jsp?installationService=&reciclyingService=&productId=A7543079&doorChangeService=&navAction=jump&navCount=0&categoryId=999.060&selectedSkuId=sku9461871

The deal ends today, no spam intended. I just found out they had 40% off on all Sennheisers for the last couple of days.

If they had the Black Momentums, I would so buy them at that price, just for the sake of having them in black also.

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #1,393 of 3,594
Quote:
If someone happens to live in Spain, or is visiting Spain, you can get the Momentums for as low as 179€ on el Corte Inglés.

http://www.elcorteingles.es/tienda/electronica/browse/productDetail.jsp?installationService=&reciclyingService=&productId=A7543079&doorChangeService=&navAction=jump&navCount=0&categoryId=999.060&selectedSkuId=sku9461871

The deal ends today, no spam intended. I just found out they had 40% off on all Sennheisers for the last couple of days.

If they had the Black Momentums, I would so buy them at that price, just for the sake of having them in black also.

New member with no posts?
suspiciously low price?
Looks like a scam to me.

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #1,394 of 3,594
Quote:
New member with no posts?
suspiciously low price?
Looks like a scam to me.

Well, El Corte Inglés is one of the, if not the biggest, retailers here in Spain, you can check their website anytime. Just google something like "Corte Ingles Momentum".

And yes, I'm new so what? Buying the Momentum like a month ago brought here in the first place. I have no big bucks to spend on hi-fi gear, so I'm constantly looking for deals and I consider this a major deal worth sharing .

Feb 11, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #1,395 of 3,594
Quote:
Well, El Corte Inglés is one of the, if not the biggest, retailers here in Spain, you can check their website anytime. Just google something like "Corte Ingles Momentum".

And yes, I'm new so what? Buying the Momentum like a month ago brought here in the first place. I have no big bucks to spend on hi-fi gear, so I'm constantly looking for deals and I consider this a major deal worth sharing .

No offence, but it's the little things like not posting this in the nearly 3 year old "Deals Thread" that set off the alarm bells.
New members and scammers don't know about the little habits and etiquette that older members have picked up on. 

Also I believe most of us Europeans here, having spent around 300 euros on these would find it difficult to believe 179 euros is legit. 

That's why I said "looks like" a scam. I didn't say it "is" one. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back