Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread
Apr 11, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #871 of 931
  I meant volume as in size. surface multiplied by height.

I did. No answer yet.

Okay, sorry, I was reading volume as is loudness and didn't even consider space volume. Think it might have helped if you added "ml" or "cc" so it would not get confused with db volume since this is an audio site/thread.

As I posted earlier I don't think anyone would be able to answer the question of how much space volume there is except Sennheiser and as you noted they have not responded.  If Sennheiser does not answer the only way would be to take the headphone apart and fill with water to get a close approximate volume or if you are really good with computer modeling you could reverse design the cups to find the volume.  Sorry can't be of much help.

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #872 of 931
  Hello there Momentum owners and former owners. I have a question which I can't seem to find the answer to, and the few mails I've fired off on the topic have received no answer.

Does anyone know the behind-the-driver volume of the Momemtums? I have a build project that's coming along and this info would be of great assistance to me in furthering the project.

Thanks in advance

Can you disassemble one side and measure the volume the way we do combustion chambers on high performance engines?

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #874 of 931
  @Sal1950, are you a petrol head by any chance?  I remember doing this back in the mid 70's to 80's.

I've CC'd more sets of engine heads than I could count. 
cool.gif

Apr 17, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #875 of 931
Well, my earpads arrived, so I finally got around to seeing if my Momentum actually works.  I'm using a cable from my On Ear Momentum, so I'm glad the two use the same cables.  All in all, the earpads aren't exactly comfortable, but they could break in, or always be uncomfortable.  Then again, I paid $8 after shipping for these, so I might  look for something a little better in the near future.  So far, given the $40-ish I've paid for a working Momentum, I can't complain!

Apr 17, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #876 of 931
So far, given the $40-ish I've paid for a working Momentum, I can't complain!

Nope, not at all! Lord knows that I have done what you did, with headphones of lesser quality, costing me more to get them working. 

beerchug.gif

Apr 21, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #877 of 931
I've had my Momentums for nearly 3 and a half years, and I only just noticed (derp
tongue.gif
) the brail letter 'L' (three dots) on the left side at the top of the brushed steel part of the headband.
Nice touch Sennheiser!

Apr 29, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #879 of 931
Saving up for either Fidelio X2, PM-3, or the 99 Classics. Saw these on sale for $100 converted. How do they sound compared to the Momentum 2.0?

According to Sennheiser themselves, they're supposed to sound the same. According to some users, the 2.0 have a better treble response. I don't know, haven't tried the 2.0 myself, but the originals sound great already (if you're ok with their dark signature).

Apr 29, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #881 of 931
Saving up for either Fidelio X2, PM-3, or the 99 Classics. Saw these on sale for $100 converted. How do they sound compared to the Momentum 2.0?

M2's have a VERY slightly leaner bass response, and don't dig as deeply as the original.
Overall they're nearly identical in sound.

May 2, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #884 of 931
How dark sounding is it, treble details missing? Compared to Meze 99, PM-3 or Fidelio? How much of a step up in sq would those be.

Treble (least to most): original Momentum over-ear < original Momentum on-ear < Fidelio X1

Sound quality is lower than the X1 to me, the bass is a little loose and the mids/highs a touch to recessed.

Never tried the ver 2 momentums since not looking for portables anymore and the original momentums are good enough for me and I don't use them much, maybe once a month at the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back