Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Maintenance
Jan 17, 2018 at 11:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Wonigox

New Head-Fier
I just got a pair of 2nd hand Momentum 2.0s from my friend who barely used them and they are in great quality. I've had experience with previous headphones (Urbanite XLs and more obscure ones) that managed to somehow get damaged so I'm thinking of properly treating my Momentum 2.0s.

Feeling the headphones themselves, the build is very sturdy so I don't worry of the headband breaking or anything (I almost never put any force onto them). My main concern is that my skin can get quite greasy and that it would degrade the quality of the leather padding, which I really like. How would I properly maintain the quality of the leather paddings?

Also, I live in quite a humid and hot environment (around 30ºC the whole year). I do air condition my room but when I'm at school and I'm outside, the headphones will definitely be exposed to moisture and hot conditions. I'm afraid that this will damage the leather and the wires of the headphones. The only "maintenance" I do is to put the headphones inside the carrying case with the silica gel desiccant. Is this enough to keep them from degrading, or should I be doing something more?

Feb 28, 2018 at 4:56 AM Post #2 of 2
Hi, I wouldn`t think your greasy skin would damage the cups but you can buy a leather protector that people use on their leather chairs, car seats etc. Maybe an unnecessary expense for a schoolboy though.
You are definitely doing the right thing with the silica gel pack and can`t think of anything more you can do. I live in a non-humid country where it is snowing heavily right now, :) and I use a silica gel pack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back