Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Oct 12, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #2,341 of 3,671
I still have some issues with the Rev02 also (in Gothenburg). I'm currently trying to investigate this so I don't want to go into it in too much detail until I know more. For a while I thought I was completely alone with the problems but then you came along and describe pretty much the same as I experience. I can reproduce the issues easily since there are places where it always happens.

It doesn't seem to be related to crowded areas in general at all, but to strong electrical fields(?). Trams but also cars and motorcycles. As I wrote in an earlier post, walking around in a crowded shopping center is no problem at all. Only when walking in the streets among traffic.

I think you're spot on. It doesn't have anything to do with it being crowded or not. Because I've actually experienced the disturbance/stuttering at the same spots most of the times I've been walking to/from work. Strong electric fields could be the cause.. I've not experienced anything while on the subway though. I'll be interesting to read what you find out.

Oct 12, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #2,342 of 3,671
I know this post going for a long time and I am sorry to ask this question again. But, can someone tell me if they know around which date or month Sennheiser Momentum Wireless will be available again in UK? Thank you!

Oct 13, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #2,343 of 3,671
I have had my Momentum for about a 3 days now and i can honestly say that i am very happy with my purchase. In the beginning i started to get headaches and feel nausea on some occasions but today i have had my headphones on the entire day at work and the listening experience were noticeably better.

I did experience some static noise in some situations while walking among others and lots of movement were happening but that might be because of the 2.4Ghz band being crowded, i am not sure.

The ANC does quit substantial difference and is really beneficial if you are working in an "open work environment" and sit next to chatty ladies combined that also has a radio playing from 8-5.

Overall i am very happy because so far i feel like they have increased my life quality.

Oct 13, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #2,344 of 3,671
I just got mine yesterday from johnlewis in oxford street they were just delivered, you have to ask a staff to get it as they are not on display yet. They have to go and bring it from the back. rev02 model, they had 3 more at the time. The online one is the rev02 model too as the product code (89710581) has been changed for the updated model. If you are buying from a store just make sure you check the box for 2015...rev02 and the product code:89710581. 
http://www.johnlewis.com/sennheiser-momentum-2-0-wireless-full-size-headphones-with-mic-remote/p1869349?colour=Black

I am having some issues with the headphone when connected to a mac pro. Occasionally it has a small amount of stuttering and static noise in the background on SBC codec. I have to disconnect and reconnect to fix it temporarily, then it comes back randomly.  Also it will never connect as aptx, you have to force connect it as aptx every time using an app called bluetooth explorer which is annoying. I don't know if that is a mac OSX or a Sennheiser problem. I think when connected as aptx there are no issues like the stuttering and static noise, but i am still testing that.

Overall amazing headphones. Upgraded from a pair of Parrot Zik 1.0 and these are better in comfort, quality, battery life and sound, but the noise canceling on the zik are still better. 

Oct 15, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #2,346 of 3,671
Finally, after seeing these in the Linus Tech tips CES video and ordering them in March, my pair arrived today (20150213REV02).

Thanks to this forum for keeping the updates coming (lurked around here since the start of the year), so far so good.

Oct 15, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #2,347 of 3,671
Another lurker here. Had this thread and the B&H listing open together and upon refreshing both, saw it's finally back in stock. I'd been waiting for an update to the MM 550-X for years and of course by the time I was originally ready to buy the M2W, the issues had popped up and they had been soft-recalled.

Instantly ordered and also grabbed the RCG M2 cable from Newegg via HiFi Heaven. Sincere thanks to everyone in the thread for the reviews and updates.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 15, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #2,348 of 3,671
  I just got mine yesterday from johnlewis in oxford street they were just delivered, you have to ask a staff to get it as they are not on display yet. They have to go and bring it from the back. rev02 model, they had 3 more at the time. The online one is the rev02 model too as the product code (89710581) has been changed for the updated model. If you are buying from a store just make sure you check the box for 2015...rev02 and the product code:89710581. 
http://www.johnlewis.com/sennheiser-momentum-2-0-wireless-full-size-headphones-with-mic-remote/p1869349?colour=Black

I am having some issues with the headphone when connected to a mac pro. Occasionally it has a small amount of stuttering and static noise in the background on SBC codec. I have to disconnect and reconnect to fix it temporarily, then it comes back randomly.  Also it will never connect as aptx, you have to force connect it as aptx every time using an app called bluetooth explorer which is annoying. I don't know if that is a mac OSX or a Sennheiser problem. I think when connected as aptx there are no issues like the stuttering and static noise, but i am still testing that.

Overall amazing headphones. Upgraded from a pair of Parrot Zik 1.0 and these are better in comfort, quality, battery life and sound, but the noise canceling on the zik are still better. 

Congrats. Hope you enjoy them. The issue you are having with your MAC is a known issue, but not with the headphones themselves. This is a seperate issue from the issues that Senn was having with the phones. 

Oct 16, 2015 at 3:34 AM Post #2,349 of 3,671
Hi everyone!
Been following the discussion for quite some time and been waiting for the headphones to be available in Switzerland.
This week they were and after confirming via email, that they had the second revision in stock, I placed my order.
After they arrived, I noticed that on the packaging it says "20141118REV01".
The shop, however, insists that they merely used old packaging for the newer revision.
Can that be true or is he just trying to get me off his back?

Cheers!
Tommaeh

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #2,350 of 3,671
  Hi everyone!
Been following the discussion for quite some time and been waiting for the headphones to be available in Switzerland.
This week they were and after confirming via email, that they had the second revision in stock, I placed my order.
After they arrived, I noticed that on the packaging it says "20141118REV01".
The shop, however, insists that they merely used old packaging for the newer revision.
Can that be true or is he just trying to get me off his back?

Cheers!
Tommaeh

While I can't say that this is actually true or not, I think the shop is telling the truth (as far as they know). Sennheiser has said that this is what they did, rather than change the packaging.

Oct 17, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #2,351 of 3,671
old post

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #2,352 of 3,671
  @Tommaeh:
No, No, No. The retailer is trying to unload old stock on you. How do I know this? Because their argument is so stupid and unbelievable. Do you think that Sennheiser, who has handled this issue quite admirably by stopping sales of Rev01 and providing replacements to Rev01 owners, would repack the revised versions in the old packaging? What to save money because the boxes cost so much? BS. These products are factory packaged. Sennheiser is not recycling old Rev01 boxes with the Rev02 products. Sennheiser is a quality conscious company that wants to maintain its respectable reputation. Your retailer is talking out of his ass. Return it and demand Rev02 with the argument that Rev01 was faulty and replaced by Rev02 by Sennheiser and that Sennheiser has compensated all customers that complained about the bluetooth connectivity issues. If you use Rev01, will you have problems? Maybe not, but why should you as the consumer take the risk when Rev02 is available? It must say Rev02 on the box otherwise it's not Rev02, it's as simple as that. Good luck with dealing with your retailer.
/Will

Have you read the last few pages of this thread? This is EXACTLY what Sennheiser have claimed to have done and have been telling posters who have complained about getting the REV01 so.

@Tommaeh Your best bet would be to contact Sennheiser directly and ask them if you have got the repacked REV02 like many others on here.

Oct 17, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #2,353 of 3,671
Have you read the last few pages of this thread? This is EXACTLY what Sennheiser have claimed to have done and have been telling posters who have complained about getting the REV01 so.

@Tommaeh Your best bet would be to contact Sennheiser directly and ask them if you have got the repacked REV02 like many others on here.
old post

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #2,354 of 3,671
  I'm stunned. That's just wrong and I'm shocked at Sennheisers behavior if this is true. Really shocked. Minus points for Sennheiser. Most important thing is to make sure that you get Rev02 but how to do that now if you can't rely on the packaging?
Is it because Sennheiser has taken their Rev01's, swapped out the faulty hardware and then repackaged in the same box? 1) This makes some sense since the serial number of the unit is on the box. 2) Sennheiser can put a bloody sticker on the box with the new revision and date if it's Rev01 that's been updated to Rev02. Right?

It does seem like the people with REV02 boxes actually got brand new headphones and the people with REV01 boxes got old headphones with the hardware upgraded to REV02. The reason given was something along the lines of rush to get the headphones back on the market / not enough time to make new boxes or update them with stickers. Very unprofessional from Sennheiser really. At least put the time and effort in to put a sticker on the box as you said if it is too difficult to match up serial numbers to new boxes (though tbh the serial numbers should be updated as well since there is a hardware change). Many of these people have been waiting for months for their replacement to arrive and now they have to go through this guessing game stress again.

If you look into all the details of what has has happened Sennheiser haven't really handled the situation well at all. Took forever to acknowledge the problem then recalled everything while continuosly saying the issue only affected 4% of units and now this whole situation with the boxes. In Sweden somehow the first shipment of new headphones happened to contain the old model (which they acknowledged was a mistake and not just new headphones in old boxes) and had to be recalled again, though that poster seems to have been well compensated for his troubles.

I would imagine now that since the headphones have been back out for a while if you have got the REV01 box it is almost certainly going to be the updated model (assuming Sennheiser are telling the truth and there is no reason for them to lie) but the only way to confirm I imagine would be to call up Sennheiser and ask about your serial number.

Oct 18, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #2,355 of 3,671
This is a bit of a mess from Sennheisers side, I think.
If the headphones are upgraded but shipped in the old box without a new sticker there MUST be a definitive way to confirm that they have really been upgraded without calling them !!??
What about connecting the headphones via usb to the computer and let the Sennheiser Updater software read the status?
Surely this upgrade must involve a new firmware version?
Just my two cents.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back