Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Apr 19, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #1,606 of 3,671
  For anyone in the UK the M2.0 Around ears are £189.99 at pixmania at the moment. I picked up a pair to go with my iBasso DX50

Wireless are wired?  On ear or over ear?      

Around ears???? 
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #1,608 of 3,671
  Wireless are wired?  On ear or over ear?      

Around ears???? 
biggrin.gif

Boy, Around the Ear is the same as Over Ear, both terms are used.
And the answer to your question is in the two posts next to the one you quoted.
Write less and read more, you impetuous adolescent.
deadhorse.gif

My advice would to pick the headphones, more than on brand would be better, and try them out for yourself..

Best advice. Nothing compares to a direct side to side comparison.

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #1,611 of 3,671
I have a Galaxy S5.

Can you explain how/why is the sound better with the PC?
You mean in BT mode or wired?
Which player do you use on the phone and which on the PC?
Do you have some effects enabled on those devices? EQ?
I think one reason can be the gain. PC offers three volumes: you have the volume of the headphones, which when connected to the PC is independed from the PC's one, and then you have the general Windows volume, and then the volume of the player or of the video stream.
All this gives a bigger gain, and a bigger gain is one of the oldes dirtiest tricks used to make seem that something sound better (that's why when comparing headphones you must set the volumes so that they have a similar gain).
With the phone you have ONE volume. No matter if you change it from the headphones, from the side keys of the phone, or from the player, it is the same volume, and it is generally never as powerful as a PC.

Apr 19, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #1,613 of 3,671
  Boy, Around the Ear is the same as Over Ear, both terms are used.
And the answer to your question is in the two posts next to the one you quoted.
Write less and read more, you impetuous adolescent.
deadhorse.gif

Best advice. Nothing compares to a direct side to side comparison.

That was the FIRST time I came up on the term "around ear", that is why I questioned it.

Mostly all the advertisements use "over or on" ear, never seen or heard of the "around"...

Well, my learning curve just want up a notch...

Grandpa is really 30 in his heart...
beerchug.gif

Apr 20, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #1,614 of 3,671
Hi,

I have the Sony MDR1RBTMK2 headphone, but when listening via bluetooth on high volume the sound is not steady especially bass, it sucks in and then comes out, but when on wired its perfectly ok, 

Do you have the same issue on this Momentum headphone? Could someone please confirm turning the volume up on bluetooth?

Apr 20, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #1,615 of 3,671
  Hi,

I have the Sony MDR1RBTMK2 headphone, but when listening via bluetooth on high volume the sound is not steady especially bass, it sucks in and then comes out, but when on wired its perfectly ok, 

Do you have the same issue on this Momentum headphone? Could someone please confirm turning the volume up on bluetooth?

Is this high volume on the headphones, or high volume on the source, or both?

Apr 20, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #1,616 of 3,671
  Hi,

I have the Sony MDR 1RBTMK2, and it performs very well bluetooth and wired with the volume high. I don't max out.. On the Sony, I would try several bluetooth sources to see if the same problem occurs. If not, then the problem would be on your bluetooth source.

I also have the M2, and I keep the volume high but not maxed out.. No problem from either. In fact, the Sony MK2 and the M2 are my favorite headphones with the M2 being the best sounding.

Apr 20, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #1,617 of 3,671
Thanks @bobadrunk and @cehowardNote3 for your replies..

I bought the Sony 1RBTMK2 just for bluetooth audio, I have Viper4Android (V4A) installed on my phone, If you're not aware its a sound enhancement plugin for Android and it has so many features and it makes even the worst headphone to sound great..

The sound from Sony 1RBTMK2 is fine but when I turn on the "Dynamic bass" on V4A (Its a kind of bass which gives you a same feel of a Subwoofer) the headphone cannot reproduce the punchy bass correctly at high volume(85 to 90%),  But when its wired its fantastic and there's no issue..

There is no problem with my source because when I use the same source with my "Sony Smart wireless headset pro"                                                 http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/accessories/smart-wireless-headset-pro/
which is also a bluetooth earphone the sound is great as expected with full of powerful bass.

So I guess its a limitation with the "S Master amplifier" on the headphone with respect to Bluetooth.

Its really frustrating since the cheapest "Smart wireless headset pro" is reproducing the sound perfectly while the costlier Sony 1RBTMK2 is not, on bluetooth..

If someone has V4A installed on your phone could you please test what I mentioned on the Sennheiser M2. thanks.

Apr 20, 2015 at 2:05 PM Post #1,618 of 3,671
  Thanks @bobadrunk and @cehowardNote3 for your replies..

I bought the MK2 just for bluetooth audio, I have Viper4Android (V4A) installed on my phone, If you're not aware its a sound enhancement plugin for Android and it has so many features and it makes even the worst headphone to sound great..

The sound from MK2 is fine but when I turn on the "Dynamic bass" on V4A (Its a kind of bass which gives you a same feel of a Subwoofer) the headphone cannot reproduce the punchy bass correctly at high volume(85 to 90%),  But when its wired its fantastic and there's no issue..

There is no problem with my source because when I use the same source with my "Sony Smart wireless headset pro"                                                 http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/accessories/smart-wireless-headset-pro/
which is also a bluetooth earphone the sound is great as expected with full of powerful bass.

So I guess its a limitation with the "S Master amplifier" on the headphone with respect to Bluetooth.

Its really frustrating since the cheapest "Smart wireless headset pro" is reproducing the sound perfectly while the costlier MK2 is not, on bluetooth..

If someone has V4A installed on your phone could you please test what I mentioned on the M2. thanks.

Use your M2 without the V4A enhancement; without any enhancement at all actually. Make sure your audio is also of good quality/mastering, then report back here. Someone said the Momentum cans sucked compared to some Philips cans (~$80 I believe), but they sampled with Imagine Dragons' Night Visions, a poorly mastered album so the Momentums were more revealing and less forgiving on the quality.

EDIT: Whoops, read that assuming that you had the M2's already and had that issue. In my experience, I'd drop that whole enhancement thing out of personal preference. Usually an artificial boost is not preferred, and not many of them are done that well (IMO).

Apr 20, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #1,619 of 3,671
Just got these headphones last friday, and am LOVING Them.  Dumb question(s) but...

My BT charge was running low, so I tried using them wired for the first time (plugged into iPhone 6+).  The music was playing onscreen, but nothing was coming through the headphones.

And...

How do I turn on/off the noise cancelling once I start using wired?

Apr 20, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #1,620 of 3,671
  Just got these headphones last friday, and am LOVING Them.  Dumb question(s) but...

My BT charge was running low, so I tried using them wired for the first time (plugged into iPhone 6+).  The music was playing onscreen, but nothing was coming through the headphones.

And...

How do I turn on/off the noise cancelling once I start using wired?

Not sure about your first issue, but just turn off the headphones to turn off the noise cancelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back