Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Apr 16, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #1,531 of 3,671
Just been listening to my Sony MBR-10RBT headphones. No connection skips or stutters streaming flac files from two rooms away with two sets of walls in the way. No disconnects, nothing. Glad I took the Senns back.

Hi, Academic i have been following your posts closely regarding the M2s .i have got mine on order with amazon uk looks like i might have to cancel all the scenarios where you are using your headphones will be similar to mine...I dont think the new Sony MBRT10RBT sound as good as the M2s though would you agree ?

Apr 16, 2015 at 5:32 AM Post #1,532 of 3,671
Just been listening to my Sony MBR-10RBT headphones. No connection skips or stutters streaming flac files from two rooms away with two sets of walls in the way. No disconnects, nothing. Glad I took the Senns back.

Hi, Academic i have been following your posts closely regarding the M2s .i have got mine on order with amazon uk looks like i might have to cancel all the scenarios where you are using your headphones will be similar to mine...I dont think the new Sony MBRT10RBT sound as good as the M2s though would you agree ?

The Sony MBR-10RBT are not new. That's the MDR-1ABT. But, yes, the 10RBTs are no match for the M2s in sound quality, either wireless or wired. They are still pretty good though. Will be interested in demoing the new 1ABTs.

Apr 16, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #1,533 of 3,671

I guess it would vary depending on what music you listen to. I tested it with all sorts of music like I usually do with new headphones and the ones where there was meant to be more bass the Momentum boosted the bass a lot more than was natural. Some people would prefer the bass heavy response but for me it was boosted artificially and there was definitely too much bass. The Symphony did it much more naturally, you could feel that the track was meant to be bass heavy but the bass didn't try to overpower everything.

Have you tried taking the Symphony outside and seeing if you have bt issues with them? No one really seems to have compared how the Symphony performs outside in the places where the Momentum had bt or nc issues, probably because they aren't as portable. It would be good to hear a comparison of how the bt is at intersections or in the areas where there are lots or wireless signals or how the nc performs when there are bumps on the bus. In the internal tests I did both seemed to struggle when walls got in the way.

Yup, symphs going back. BT issues. This is f'n ridiculous! I have tried 5 diff brands, and the only that have no issues are the back beat pros. Maybe denon will get it right???? I'm really getting tired of this.

Apr 16, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #1,534 of 3,671
  Yup, symphs going back. BT issues. This is f'n ridiculous! I have tried 5 diff brands, and the only that have no issues are the back beat pros. Maybe denon will get it right???? I'm really getting tired of this.

My Harman Kardon BT has no bt issues at all. Awesome range both indoors and outdoors and never skips a beat. Though they don't sound as good as some of the newer ones most definitely As I said in the other thread it seems that the newer and better the quality of headphones the more the bt issues arise. Seems to be related to the bluetooth 4.0 low energy protocol and the quality of the audio that is being passed on. The better headphones transmit more detail over bluetooth taking up more bandwidth and that definitely seems to contribute to the dropouts. Testing podcasts seemed to have much less issues for me than listening to music. In that regard I am not expecting the Denon to be any better. Suspect that it will need someone to put in a class 1 chip to fix the range dropout issues though no idea what effect that will have on the dropouts related to interference in cities.

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #1,535 of 3,671
I posted way back in this thread that I had returned my Sennheisers for service, and well 5(!) weeks later they are still on service. I had them for 1.5 days and had those annoying stuttering issues that seems to be quite common. 

Anyway, have anyone who has had the problems had some replacements or had them "repaired" and the stuttering problem solved?

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #1,536 of 3,671
  I posted way back in this thread that I had returned my Sennheisers for service, and well 5(!) weeks later they are still on service. I had them for 1.5 days and had those annoying stuttering issues that seems to be quite common. 

Anyway, have anyone who has had the problems had some replacements or had them "repaired" and the stuttering problem solved?

I went through 4 sets, they all stutter.

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #1,537 of 3,671

If you don't mind an answer from a newbie, with that said, let me state this.
I had the Sony MDR 10RBT, at that price point, It was super good..slightly better than my HarmanKardon BT.

However, I upgraded to the Sony MDR 1RBT MK2, which were/are way better than the Sony MDR 10RBT.

Well, from my ears. the M2 is better than the Sony MDR 1RBT MK2.

So, again, according to my ears, the M2 are not only better than the Sony MDR 10RBT, it is better by a couple levels.

Apr 16, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #1,538 of 3,671
  I went through 4 sets, they all stutter.

This thread is becoming so long, and the OP disappeared, that it is impossible for the new comers to find any info.
For example, I now would like to know exactly when do these Stutterings manifest. I think that people should make methodic tests and these should be posted in the first post of the thread or in another new thread dedicated to the problems of the Wireless model (which kind of monopolized this thread).
I have read people talking of these stutterings happening only in situations where there is lot of wifi signals in a big city center, and people doing experiments putting the phone in the right or left pocket, turning the head, placing the hand between headphone and phone etc.

But I still miss a definitive post which collects in a clear way all what people have to know about this problem.

Apr 16, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #1,539 of 3,671

I had the Sony MDR 10RBT, at that price point, It was super good..slightly better than my HarmanKardon BT.

However, I upgraded to the Sony MDR 1RBT MK2, which were/are way better than the Sony MDR 10RBT.

So, again, according to my ears, the M2 are not only better than the Sony MDR 10RBT, it is better by a couple levels.

I seriously think that it makes no sense that you justify your objectifications of subjective tastes by saying that you are a newbie and you must be forgiven.

Just stop being a newbie :)

Be more specific when you compare headphones. Try to divide the "more or less objective" (detail, soundstage, presence, cleanness, clarity, transparency, frequency range and response) from the totally subjective (amount of bass, mids, highs, so called colour/signature).

By saying that the M2 is "better" than the mdr1rbtmk2, you do not let people understand "in what" and/or "why".
And it can be a never ending interchange of posts between those who say "no, I think A is better" and "no, I think B is better".
Solution? DESCRIBE the sound signature, rate the sound quality (= the sum of all above mentioned "objective" qualities).
Sound quality = good, bad, decent
Detail (quality) = more, less, good, ok, decent, mediocre, excellent
signature = warm, v shape, bassy
bass (quantity) = boosted, neutral, I would like some more, I felt it as too much
sound: there is NO such a thing like "sound". Headphones do NOT "sound" good or worse. They have a good or less good sound QUALITY (all the above mentioned "objective" qualities together) and have a specific sound signature.

As you say "first of all I am a newbie" each of two posts you write, I though it was time to put an end to this newbie thing.
EDIT: I thought you want to put an end to it.
But yes, I also want.

Apr 16, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #1,540 of 3,671

Better in what way?? Just curious?

Apr 16, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #1,541 of 3,671

The Sony MBR-10RBT are not new. That's the MDR-1ABT. But, yes, the 10RBTs are no match for the M2s in sound quality, either wireless or wired. They are still pretty good though. Will be interested in demoing the new 1ABTs.

Ok, to give detail. The MDR10RBT are less rich in the midrange, less detailed in the whole treble region and tubbier and less agile in the bass than the M2s. Soundstage is also much more narrow laterally and in depth on the Sonys vs the Sennheisers.This is in wireless mode or wired. The Sonys wired are a touch better than they are wireless, as midrange is a bit sweeter, but the M2s still retain a superior performance across the whole frequency range.

However, the Sony BT signal works flawlessly inside or outside, irrespective of source. In that respect they are leagues ahead of the M2s. They are BT 3.O, the M2s 4.0. The Sony also lack any ANC, and passive noise cancellation from the ear cup is not as good as the M2s. However, they are light and comfortable, more so than the M2s.

Apr 16, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #1,542 of 3,671

I seriously think that it makes no sense that you justify your objectifications of subjective tastes by saying that you are a newbie and you must be forgiven.
Just stop being a newbie :)

Be more specific when you compare headphones. Try to divide the "more or less objective" (detail, soundstage, presence, cleanness, clarity, transparency, frequency range and response) from the totally subjective (amount of bass, mids, highs, so called colour/signature).
By saying that the M2 is "better" than the mdr1rbtmk2, you do not let people understand "in what" and/or "why".
And it can be a never ending interchange of posts between those who say "no, I think A is better" and "no, I think B is better".
Solution? DESCRIBE the sound signature, rate the sound quality (= the sum of all above mentioned "objective" qualities).
Sound quality = good, bad, decent
Detail (quality) = more, less, good, ok, decent, mediocre, excellent
signature = warm, v shape, bassy
bass (quantity) = boosted, neutral, I would like some more, I felt it as too much
sound: there is NO such a thing like "sound". Headphones do NOT "sound" good or worse. They have a good or less good sound QUALITY (all the amove mentiones "objective" qualities together) and have a specific sound signature.

As you say "first of all I am a newbie" each of two posts you write, I though it was time to put an end to this newbie thing.
EDIT: I thought you want to put an end to it.
But yes, I also want.

Okay, I HEAR what you are saying.. But, each time I make a comment, they want more detail explanations. Okay, I am INCAPABLE of making those DETAIL EXPLANATIONS, therefore, I insert the point that I am newbie..Just like you just did. You stated, that I need to come with more detail of why they are better. It seems, like my terms are not plain enough to others..

The mere fact, that I stated that  in comparison to the Def Tech 1, the M2 are better all around.. Proof of that, was that I spent $130 more..for the M2s over the Def Tech.. Any smart detective would know, that to THIS PERSON(me), the M2s are definitely better than the Def Tech 1..

I won't use the "newbie" term no more, but I will state, "I am telling you in the best way/terms I can use".. period.. 
beerchug.gif

Apr 16, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #1,543 of 3,671
Better in what way?? Just curious?

Just like I told the other poster, they are better in SQ, and IMO, the whole spectrum..

BTW, the M2 are competing with the Def Tech 1 wit a price handicap, of 1/5th higher price, and IMO the M2s are winning. So, there are a lot of peeps out there, that think the M2s are the chit when it comes to bluetooth headphones.

Again, I am NOT knowledgeable enough to break it down in technical audiophile terms.. So, I do the best I can.. 
wink.gif

Apr 16, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #1,544 of 3,671
Ok, to give detail. The MDR10RBT are less rich in the midrange, less detailed in the whole treble region and tubbier and less agile in the bass than the M2s. Soundstage is also much more narrow laterally and in depth on the Sonys vs the Sennheisers.This is in wireless mode or wired. The Sonys wired are a touch better than they are wireless, as midrange is a bit sweeter, but the M2s are still retain a superior performance across the whole frequency range.

However, the Sony BT signal works flawlessly inside or outside, irrespective of source. In that respect they are leagues ahead of the M2s. They are BT 3.O, the M2s 4.0. The Sony also lack any ANC, and passive noise cancellation from the ear cup is not as good as the M2s. However, they are light and comfortable, more so than the M2s.

You can add that the Sony MDR 10RBT is a cool $350 CHEAPER than the M2s too.. 

Apr 16, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #1,545 of 3,671
In addition, about my newbie status and the way the I say the M2s are "better" than brand A , B, & C, the member twister6 gave a very DETAIL review and comments about why he thinks the M2s are very good. 

If the Def Tech 1s were $350, and the Senn M2s were $600, I would get the M2 for the $600, and I am the cheapest of the cheapskates! 
biggrin.gif

No, I don't work for Sennheiser either...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back