Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Apr 12, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #1,411 of 3,671

Another gauge to check, if you noticed, mostly all the bluetooth headphones considered good are putting aptx on them. LIke right now, I am venturing into getting an A/V receiver with bluetooth. My first criteria is to see if has bluetooth. Yes, they are putting it on A/V receivers. In my opinion, they are not putting aptx on those units, whether it be hps, receivers, etc for the fun of it.. Just my opinion..

Now, they are even uping the ante, with low latency aptx.. Oh boy... 
biggrin.gif

Audio Video receiver? You mean, sending video through Bluetooth? Are you sure? Do you have a link?

What is this ante?
There are not many LL Aptx products.
I like Avantree.

Apr 12, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #1,412 of 3,671

Well, you can still try AAC...
Anyway, "trying Aptx" is not easy. There is a thread about Aptx. It is discussed how can people methodically test the apport of Aptx.
For example, you buy an Aptx headphone, how can you be SURE that it sounds good because of Aptx? You have no control over that because you cannot activate or deactivate Aptx.
Same would be with AAC.

What? I would like to try aptx as in "pair my Momentums to an aptx device" instead of my iPhone

Apr 12, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #1,413 of 3,671
  What? I would like to try aptx as in "pair my Momentums to an aptx device" instead of my iPhone

I did not understand that you have the M2 already. So I was saying that if you only have an iPhone you should rather try to get headphones with the AAC codec which is said to offer a similar quality to APTX.
The M2 do not support AAC. It is a pity that you chose them.
I would suggest you to try immediately a couple of good ones which support AAC and see what you want to do, till you are still in time to give the M2 back.
Unless you plan to change the iPhone for a Android phone.

Anyway, strictly speaking, you never try the aptx itself, because you do not know if the difference in sound quality between your experience with the iPhone and with an Aptx enhabled Android phone comes from the aptx itself or from a better audio quality of that smartphone.

Apr 12, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #1,414 of 3,671
   I did not understand that you have the M2 already. So I was saying that if you only have an iPhone you should rather try to get headphones with the AAC codec which is said to offer a similar quality to APTX.
The M2 do not support AAC. It is a pity that you chose them.
I would suggest you to try immediately a couple of good ones which support AAC and see what you want to do, till you are still in time to give the M2 back.
Unless you plan to change the iPhone for a Android phone.

Anyway, strictly speaking, you never try the aptx itself, because you do not know if the difference in sound quality between your experience with the iPhone and with an Aptx enhabled Android phone comes from the aptx itself or from a better audio quality of that smartphone.

The momentums sound fantastic so why would i give them back? :/ Do you really think that some numbers on a screen are more important than sound quality, build, comfort, noise canceling? Audiophiles are really strange

Apr 12, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #1,415 of 3,671

Well, you can still try AAC...
Anyway, "trying Aptx" is not easy. There is a thread about Aptx. It is discussed how can people methodically test the apport of Aptx.
For example, you buy an Aptx headphone, how can you be SURE that it sounds good because of Aptx? You have no control over that because you cannot activate or deactivate Aptx.
Same would be with AAC.
But well, it is also not so important maybe, right?
After all @cehowardNote3 is right, almost all BT headphones have APTX now.
And almost all high end ones have AAC.
If you want to try some BT headphones, chose 2 or three with AAC which you think could meet your tastes, and compare them personally.

If you don't mind, there is one set of headphones that you can deactivate aptx, and they are the Sony MDR 1RBT MK2, you might can do it on the MDR 10RBT too. On those headphones you have to do a certain button/rocker sequence to turn aptx on. You don't do the correct sequence the headphones don't go to aptx mode.. Also, if your source doesn't have aptx, even those headphones with aptx and can't turn it off, will not be in aptx mode when connected to a non-aptx source...

I(newbie)am learning... 
wink.gif

Apr 12, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #1,416 of 3,671
  Audio Video receiver? You mean, sending video through Bluetooth? Are you sure? Do you have a link?

What is this ante?
There are not many LL Aptx products.
I like Avantree.

Come on now...
biggrin.gif
 I said was getting an A/V receiver, and I was making sure it has bluetooth with aptx support so I can connect with my headphones...The A/V receiver with bluetooth, will allow me to connect my M2s to the receiver via bluetooth/aptx and get sound coming from my HDTV. I wouldn't send video to my headphones anyway... 
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #1,417 of 3,671

The momentums sound fantastic so why would i give them back? :/ Do you really think that some numbers on a screen are more important than sound quality, build, comfort, noise canceling? Audiophiles are really strange

Great comment!! 
beerchug.gif

Apr 12, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #1,418 of 3,671

I am not an audiophile.
I am a guy who tested more than 30 Bluetooth Headphones.
Did you?

I did not tell you to give them back.
I told you that if you are curious about how Aptx can sound but do not want to change phone, then you could try an headphone which supports AAC, the codec supported by iPhones.
In my experience a side by side comparison of 2 or 3 headphones is the best way to understand how headphones really sound and which you like more.
I loved the Fidelio M2BT so much that I could not imagine that anything could sound better or that I would have ever sent them back.
When I have compared them with the Audio Technica ATH-WS99BT, the Fidelio went immediately back.
Both are APTX, so it's not a matter of numbers, but of difference between headphones.
The only numbers I am interested in, are the number of headphones which i have compared. And if you would spend two seconds less talking blabla and offending this place and the people who like me are just trying to help, you would take those two second to read my signature and see that i say something which should sound familiar to you, and that I'm the author of a nice thread where we discuss since months all possible bt headphones.

Audiophile can be strange people, but answers like yours are even stranger.
E possono venire solo da un italiano.

Apr 12, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #1,419 of 3,671

If you don't mind, there is one set of headphones that you can deactivate aptx, and they are the Sony MDR 1RBT MK2, you might can do it on the MDR 10RBT too. On those headphones you have to do a certain button/rocker sequence to turn aptx on. You don't do the correct sequence the headphones don't go to aptx mode.. Also, if your source doesn't have aptx, even those headphones with aptx and can't turn it off, will not be in aptx mode when connected to a non-aptx source...

I(newbie)am learning... :wink:  

Thank you for the info. If I did not already try and reviewed the MDR-10RBT months ago, and tried the mdr-xb950bt too, and written http://www.head-fi.org/t/601665/what-are-head-fi-members-views-on-apt-x-lossless-codec-over-bluetooth/180#post_11483563, I would have not know that already and your would have surely be a useful contribution.
I am not a newbie. But I still learn.

For the av adapter for example i didn't know there are some with Bluetooth, and even less with low latency APTX. I'm a beta tester for Avantree, a company leader in low latency APTX products. So the theme is interesting to me.
I would appreciate if you can provide a link with such a wonderful av adapter.

I think I will take a break now.
It was enough of imputs from newbies for today.

Apr 12, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #1,420 of 3,671
I had my first stutter/static issue and it was quite prolonged in nature while I was trying different things to correct it.
Battery life was at "less than 3 hours".
Phone was in my pocket while seated.
Turned the headphones on and waited for the connected prompt. Pressed play.
I was met with crazy stutters and static.
I should note that I was steaming music through the music app on my iPhone 6 from my laptop in the living room via wifi (obviously).
I pressed play to pause the music, when I pressed play again it was playing music from my playlist on the laptop!? It was no longer connected to my phone but directly to the laptops Bluetooth. It seems like the headphones connected to each of them at different times, like it was confused about which source to connect to.
The music from the laptop was playing well with no stutters/static.
Are the headphones stuck in some weird pairing loop?

Anyway, I paused them again and turned off the laptops Bluetooth.
I powered off the headphones then back on again, they connected immediately to my phone and have been playing music flawlessly ever since. Even when I got up and went to a room ~30 feet away to fold some cloths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 12, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #1,421 of 3,671
Right peeps as this headphones still don't fit well with my glasses on I'm going to have to sell them! Just two days old and hardly used I've put them up on eBay. They are in Ivory so if your interested head over to eBay as I have them up there with best offer! Just to uncomfortable for my head.! ☺

Apr 12, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #1,422 of 3,671

This is Head-Fi after all. At the very least it is interesting being a fly on the wall watching people bicker about the nuances of FLAC vs. WAV vs. CD while they slug back their shots of snake oil from their cryo treated silver-core shot glasses (The silver core improves the body of the oil and helps coat the throat better).

Apr 12, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #1,423 of 3,671
Looking/feeling inside the earcups, I noticed something and can't recall if the M1 had it.

There is a small nub atop each driver. Looks almost like a secondary, discrete mini driver (might partially explain why the M2 sounds so good).

Can anyone confirm if that's what it is?

Apr 12, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #1,424 of 3,671
Looking/feeling inside the earcups, I noticed something and can't recall if the M1 had it.

There is a small nub atop each driver. Looks almost like a secondary, discrete mini driver (might partially explain why the M2 sounds so good).

Can anyone confirm if that's what it is?

I think that is the noise cancellation equipment.

Apr 12, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #1,425 of 3,671
Does anyone know when Sennheiser plans to resupply retailers like Best Buy with the momentum wireless? Amazon estimates 1-3 months, but i have Best Buy giftcards and i just wondered if anyone had a more specific estimate. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back