Sennheiser MM450-x Travel Hints and Tips
Jan 30, 2014 at 7:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

inline79

100+ Head-Fier
Hi.  I didn't see any coherent thread for these awesome headphones so thought I'd start with one.

Overall: Currently these are the best BT, NC, highly portable headphones out there. Nothing else comes close except maybe the MM550X (not tested). But I am watching for UE's next UE9000. The UEs have the better sound, but weaker NC and Logitech-like finish lose it a lot of points.  The Zik is huge!

Tips:
- Buy some AKG K450 pads from ebay for about $7.  They are much thicker and cushier for a better seal against your ear.  The stock pads are abysmal for a $400+ headphone.  They're much too thin.

- Be sure to use an apt-x compatible source for best possible sound quality.  Regular aac is still very good quality though.  Like mp3 256 vs FLAC.

- Extend the headphones as long as possible to get the most even pressure against your ears which just barely touching the top of your head.  I was trying to make it as short as possible and this resulted in terrible seal.

Hints:
- If you're on an airplane using their crappy audio out, crank the volume on the airplane up a bit, and the volume on this down a bit, that will cut out the noise from the airplane's wiring.

- Press the big button once and the lights tell you which modes are on.

- if your batteries die you can still use these wired.

Help:  I'm still trying to find a decent hard case for this.  I tried a PSP case, but it was too narrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back