Sennheiser is getting annoying...
Mar 6, 2006 at 6:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

dhp

(formerly known as DieInAFire)
For most people, there are two levels of headphones. Stock earbuds, and Sennheiser. I was walking at school with SR-200s some time back, enjoying the music, when some guy asks me how much they were. I say, over $200. The guy then goes, "dude, why didn't you buy some Sennheisers." At least he knew what Sennheisers were.
rolleyes.gif
For some reason, everyone assumes Sennheiser is the best... regardless of whatever model it is. If it's Sennheiser, it's the best money can buy. I'm getting somewhat annoyed by that perception, especially when there's so many other brands, like Grados, AKG, Beyerdynamic, AT, etc. Anyone else experience this?

Mar 6, 2006 at 6:45 AM Post #2 of 52
Nope, can't say as though I have. Most non head-fiers I've talked to believe Bose to be the best.

Mar 6, 2006 at 6:45 AM Post #3 of 52
Couldn't really give a crud, there's other things in life to complain about. (besides, other than on this board, most people I meet never even heard of senn or the other companies)

Hey, at least they ain't pimpin' da bose.

Mar 6, 2006 at 7:03 AM Post #4 of 52
I usually don't pay much attention to those who form their opinions from commercial advertising. If they aren't judging from personal experience, it's really nothing to be upset by.

Mar 6, 2006 at 7:13 AM Post #5 of 52
all those who do not bow before the great Sennheiser will be forced into a circular room and told to sit in the corner. Yo.

Mar 6, 2006 at 7:13 AM Post #6 of 52
atleast you dont have people asking you why you dont use the apple earbuds...

one time i used my brother ipod 6 people throughtout the day asked me that what happened to your white buds.... i was like their crap so i threw them out.

Mar 6, 2006 at 7:17 AM Post #7 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
atleast you dont have people asking you why you dont use the apple earbuds...

one time i used my brother ipod 6 people throughtout the day asked me that what happened to your white buds.... i was like their crap so i threw them out.

Their mouths hung open after hearing what you said, didn't they?
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2006 at 7:18 AM Post #8 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler

That happens to me too . . it's as if people are aware that many others buy the ipod n white buds just for recognition. I guess the thought of someone actually purchasing steve "I eat children" job's lil music-playing rectangle for its merits doesn't register for some. Yo.

Mar 6, 2006 at 7:19 AM Post #9 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
For most people, there are two levels of headphones. Stock earbuds, and Sennheiser. I was walking at school with SR-200s some time back, enjoying the music, when some guy asks me how much they were. I say, over $200. The guy then goes, "dude, why didn't you buy some Sennheisers." At least he knew what Sennheisers were.
rolleyes.gif
For some reason, everyone assumes Sennheiser is the best... regardless of whatever model it is. If it's Sennheiser, it's the best money can buy. I'm getting somewhat annoyed by that perception, especially when there's so many other brands, like Grados, AKG, Beyerdynamic, AT, etc. Anyone else experience this?

He was right, why didn't you buy Senn's?

Senn he90= worlds most expensive headphone. some will swear that it is the end all or the best ever.

Senn HD650= the best headphone at any price (hd600) with the audiophile in mind. This headphone can be easily found in Audiophile's rig that cost way beyond most of our houses do.

Senn hd600= the only Reference headphone for any studio, ask any sound engineer or anyone involved with the mastering of an album..this is their Can! also test the impedance matching between the left and right..dead to perfect..

Senn Mx series= for the price I dare you to find something even close (let alone better) then the sound quality of these.

Senn 201= This set of cans will kick butt and take names later, also look at its price..

How many other Senn's am I not listing?

they are some of the best, yet either know there is other companies out there (Grado,Breyer,etc) Sennheiser can most likely beat them at a price way below as in terms of price,sound quailty,etc,etc

Mar 6, 2006 at 7:28 AM Post #10 of 52
holy cow! people you guys know think senn and bose are the best? People around here are still stuck sub 100 dollar sonys!!!
rolleyes.gif
their poor poor ears.....

edit: my avatar is fitting for this post.

Mar 6, 2006 at 7:30 AM Post #11 of 52
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

Read: Plato's "Allegory of the Cave".

Mar 6, 2006 at 7:34 AM Post #12 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by familyman
holy cow! people you guys know think senn and bose are the best? People around here are still stuck sub 100 dollar sonys!!!
rolleyes.gif
their poor poor ears.....

edit: my avatar is fitting for this post.

Yeah it's Sony all around where I live as well
rolleyes.gif

Mar 6, 2006 at 7:46 AM Post #13 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
He was right, why didn't you buy Senn's?

Senn he90= worlds most expensive headphone. some will swear that it is the end all or the best ever.

Senn HD650= the best headphone at any price (hd600) with the audiophile in mind. This headphone can be easily found in Audiophile's rig that cost way beyond most of our houses do.

Senn hd600= the only Reference headphone for any studio, ask any sound engineer or anyone involved with the mastering of an album..this is their Can! also test the impedance matching between the left and right..dead to perfect..

Senn Mx series= for the price I dare you to find something even close (let alone better) then the sound quality of these.

Senn 201= This set of cans will kick butt and take names later, also look at its price..

How many other Senn's am I not listing?

they are some of the best, yet either know there is other companies out there (Grado,Breyer,etc) Sennheiser can most likely beat them at a price way below as in terms of price,sound quailty,etc,etc

Aside from the fact that I thought the 201/mx500 (earbuds in general) were paltry, the thing is, he had no clue about any headphones Sennheiser made. Just that, Sennheiser is good, but I have no clue why and have not listened to any high-end Sennheisers. I suppose the only reason why this is a rant was that everyone wears freaking Sonys, and the few people who might know what they're talking about are purely oblivious to any other brand names than Sennheiser. It was a so close, yet so far kind of thing

Mar 6, 2006 at 7:49 AM Post #14 of 52
Quote:

Aside from the fact that I thought the 201/mx500 (earbuds in general) were paltry, the thing is, he had no clue about any headphones Sennheiser made. Just that, Sennheiser is good, but I have no clue why and have not listened to any high-end Sennheisers. I suppose the only reason why this is a rant was that everyone wears freaking Sonys, and the few people who might know what they're talking about are purely oblivious to any other brand names than Sennheiser. It was a so close, yet so far kind of thing

I hear that..if it was me I would of asked his favorite model Senn or ask him if he bought the HE60's on sale at bestbuy last week...lol

Mar 6, 2006 at 7:52 AM Post #15 of 52
Quote:

Anyone else experience this?

nope... usually people are just laughing at me because I look like such a dork in either my MS2 or KSC75.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back