Sennheiser introduces the Momentum 3
Mar 27, 2020 at 8:39 PM Post #136 of 141
Read up on the implementation of aptX / aptX HD. When you understand it, you'll recoil in horror. It's shocking that such a low fidelity codec is mostly transparent to the ear. It's a trivial bit discardation adaptive PCM codec designed for simple hardware implementation. It's not comparable to the fidelity of a "real" psychoacoustic codec like MP3 or AAC. I'm not sure if LDAC falls into the same category as aptX. Overall the success of these pseudo-Hi-Fi codecs is just marketing. MP3 and AAC are the only scientifically sound ones.
Interesting, I'll read up when I have some time. Glad that AAC is technically sound (which I had read about a while back) and also great sounding. I find LDAC sounds fine and I have some hope that it is also scientifically/psychoacoustically informed.

Mar 29, 2020 at 2:39 AM Post #137 of 141
Jan 11, 2022 at 8:02 AM Post #141 of 141
I am intending to get the Momentum 3 and use it in wired 3.5 mode exclusively with FiiO K3 to listen to Hi-Res Flac 24bit-48/96 and DSD 64/128. How good are these when powered like that. I think about bluetooth as an add-on feature and not the main feature, it would be nice to use it occasionally wirelessly with ANC On, but that's not how I mainly intend to use it. What do you think guys?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back