Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
May 6, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #3,691 of 4,798
Hi,

I've got some fit issue with stock tips (all of them are way too small...) in IE900. With all my tips I can get seal only with JVC Spiral Dots ML. I don't have same problems with other IEM's (maybe FiiO FH5...).

Can someone give me an advice what to buy? Sound is amazing with JVC's, but still it's not the perfect seal.

May 6, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #3,692 of 4,798
Hi,

I've got some fit issue with stock tips (all of them are way too small...) in IE900. With all my tips I can get seal only with JVC Spiral Dots ML. I don't have same problems with other IEM's (maybe FiiO FH5...).

Can someone give me an advice what to buy? Sound is amazing with JVC's, but still it's not the perfect seal.
Included large foam tip is too small?

May 6, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #3,693 of 4,798
Paired nicely with plussound X series copper, tiny iem with thin cables a perfect combination.

IMG_20220507_020818.jpg

Last edited:
May 6, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #3,695 of 4,798
Hi,

Sennheiser IE Pro tips (The ones for IE100/400/500 etc.) Sound most like stock to me and fit is superb.

May 6, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #3,696 of 4,798
Nope, large foam is ok - but I'm not a fan of foam tips.

I usually don't like foam tips either, but I think the included foam tips sound the best and most balanced. Included silicone tips are too thin, and makes it almost impossible to get a good seal. I've tried many tips to include spiral dots, but I always end up coming back to the supplied foam tips. Other foam tips i've tried doesn't sound as good. But tips are a preference thing, so YMMV of course.

May 6, 2022 at 7:47 PM Post #3,698 of 4,798
I usually don't like foam tips either, but I think the included foam tips sound the best and most balanced. Included silicone tips are too thin, and makes it almost impossible to get a good seal. I've tried many tips to include spiral dots, but I always end up coming back to the supplied foam tips. Other foam tips i've tried doesn't sound as good. But tips are a preference thing, so YMMV of course.
Yes I also find IE900 sounds best with the stock foam tips out of all the tips I've tried (SpinFits, Azlas, Symbios, ...). The stock foam helps tame the upper mid spike, but not to the level of being muffled as other foams. I even bought some extra to add to my tips reserve.

With IE600 foam tips would make the sound a bit muffled though. I think IE600 sounds best with stock silicone or Azla Sedona Light.

May 6, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #3,699 of 4,798
Yes I also find IE900 sounds best with the stock foam tips out of all the tips I've tried (SpinFits, Azlas, Symbios, ...). The stock foam helps tame the upper mid spike, but not to the level of being muffled as other foams. I even bought some extra to add to my tips reserve.
Yep. I purchased 6 extra pairs from accessoryjack. 🙃

May 6, 2022 at 11:24 PM Post #3,700 of 4,798
Hi,

Do a search for "tips" in this thread and you'll uncover all the past recommendations.

May 7, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #3,701 of 4,798
Hi,

did you try final audio - typ e? there you have L and XL which should fit without problems,

May 7, 2022 at 5:29 AM Post #3,703 of 4,798
Thanks. Are they bigger in size than the original (from IE900) ones?
They are the same, but might fit a bit larger because they are thicker material. (I am talking about the silicone tips).

In fact, someone posted a great picture with them side by side with stock tips in this thread a few pages back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back