Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Mar 6, 2022 at 11:31 PM Post #3,392 of 4,804
they will finally come home in a couple of days, can someone give me some idea how they work with rock music?
I hope they have a good dynamism, and are not too analytical or thin
Maybe u could suggest a track you like / am familiar with?

Mar 7, 2022 at 2:37 AM Post #3,394 of 4,804
The álbum Assassine(s) from Celeste
Thanks!
Oooh wow Metal haha.. The track "(A)" sounds just about perfect off my iFi Diablo + IE900 pairing. However, I do find myself wishing for even more bass for the rest of the album. I do think that full sized headphones work better for myself when it comes to hard rock or metal. It's been years since I've listened though~ trying to preserve my ears haha.

Perhaps others with a deeper appreciation of the album can chime in. I lean more towards oldies, jazz and blues these days...

Mar 7, 2022 at 2:44 AM Post #3,395 of 4,804
Oooh wow Metal haha.. The track "(A)" sounds just about perfect off my iFi Diablo + IE900 pairing. However, I do find myself wishing for even more bass for the rest of the album. I do think that full sized headphones work better for myself when it comes to hard rock or metal. It's been years since I've listened though~ trying to preserve my ears haha.

Perhaps others with a deeper appreciation of the album can chime in. I lean more towards oldies, jazz and blues these days...
Thank you for the answer, I have tried full sized headphones but the in-ear ones are more comfortable for me.
I have the fiio fa9 and despite having very good detail you don't feel the bass and they are very cold, I expected the ie900 to have very good detail but also a good bass impact and dynamism.
Your answer leaves me wondering if they will be what I'm looking for.
Thank you very much for the help

Mar 7, 2022 at 2:54 AM Post #3,396 of 4,804
Thank you for the answer, I have tried full sized headphones but the in-ear ones are more comfortable for me.
I have the fiio fa9 and despite having very good detail you don't feel the bass and they are very cold, I expected the ie900 to have very good detail but also a good bass impact and dynamism.
Your answer leaves me wondering if they will be what I'm looking for.
Thank you very much for the help
It has very good bass. I've never found the recommended bass on Harmon Kardon curves satisfying, thankfully these come with more! But when listening to rock / metal, the tendency is to wish for even more~ Just saying that it's not gonna replace basshead cans. But for IEMs, the bass on these are right up there, my MEST II just edges it out a tiny bit when it comes to how deep into my skull it punches (I think due to the dBC drivers).

I hope you enjoy these like many of us are!

Mar 7, 2022 at 3:01 AM Post #3,397 of 4,804
It has very good bass. I've never found the recommended bass on Harmon Kardon curves satisfying, thankfully these come with more! But when listening to rock / metal, the tendency is to wish for even more~ Just saying that it's not gonna replace basshead cans. But for IEMs, the bass on these are right up there, my MEST II just edges it out a tiny bit when it comes to how deep into my skull it punches (I think due to the dBC drivers).

I agree. For me IE900 is up there with Z1R and EVO as the best quality/quantity IEM bass on the market right now.

Mar 7, 2022 at 3:02 AM Post #3,398 of 4,804

The truth is that I have decided on them since I have already had or tried many good headphones (ie80s, fh5, fh7, fa7, fa9, ath m50x, etc...) and I am looking for something that is top for a few years.
I think I have read all the possible information and reviews (my head is going to explode) and the vast majority of opinions are unbeatable.
The problem is that the type of music I listen to requires that listening be entertaining and that is the only thing that I am not so clear about.
great forum, you guys are awesome

Mar 7, 2022 at 4:40 AM Post #3,399 of 4,804
The truth is that I have decided on them since I have already had or tried many good headphones (ie80s, fh5, fh7, fa7, fa9, ath m50x, etc...) and I am looking for something that is top for a few years.
I think I have read all the possible information and reviews (my head is going to explode) and the vast majority of opinions are unbeatable.
The problem is that the type of music I listen to requires that listening be entertaining and that is the only thing that I am not so clear about.
great forum, you guys are awesome
For what it’s worth, I also listen to rock / metal and I find the ie900 fine for it.
What I listen to is In flames, Trivium, etc…
My headphone of choice is the ZMF Verite Closed.
I think what’s vital is that you’ll get a good fit so take the time to find the right angle and tips if you experience issues with stock tips.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2022 at 6:51 AM Post #3,400 of 4,804
A sad day for me. My worst fear came true today. Right driver of my IE900 is dead. I was using it to watch Netflix and paused to make coffee. When I came back, the right side has no sound at all. Tested with different cables and still no sound. When I move it around my ear, I could hear it fizzling like short static noises. Five months of daily use.

I contacted my local dealer and they said to send it over so I will be doing that tomorrow. However, I don’t have the outer packaging that shows a picture of the IE900 since I ripped it apart while unboxing it. Besides that, everything is intact, like the box and all the accessories including certificate. @ericpalonen do you know if I can still claim the warranty? (I should be more gentle and not rip the outside) 😓

Mar 7, 2022 at 7:26 AM Post #3,402 of 4,804
someone is using them with the ifi go blu?
if so, how about the sound?
is there some hiss with the balanced output of 4.4?
I bought it in January and returned it in a month.. there is some little background hiss when you listen at a low level volume which is annoying between tracks or when music pause.
I ordered a second Qudelix 5K and hoping battery life will be upgraded with the new proc.

Mar 7, 2022 at 7:43 AM Post #3,403 of 4,804
someone is using them with the ifi go blu?
if so, how about the sound?
is there some hiss with the balanced output of 4.4?
I'm listening with GO Blu and hear no hiss with balanced out. I guess it depends how sensitive you are to hiss. Sound quality is outstanding.

Mar 7, 2022 at 7:44 AM Post #3,404 of 4,804
A sad day for me. My worst fear came true today. Right driver of my IE900 is dead. I was using it to watch Netflix and paused to make coffee. When I came back, the right side has no sound at all. Tested with different cables and still no sound. When I move it around my ear, I could hear it fizzling like short static noises. Five months of daily use.

I contacted my local dealer and they said to send it over so I will be doing that tomorrow. However, I don’t have the outer packaging that shows a picture of the IE900 since I ripped it apart while unboxing it. Besides that, everything is intact, like the box and all the accessories including certificate. @ericpalonen do you know if I can still claim the warranty? (I should be more gentle and not rip the outside) 😓
Sorry to hear about this. Yes you can. The packaging is not required, just the product.

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Mar 7, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #3,405 of 4,804

I really really hope this wont happen to me again. I said it before but with the IE600 coming out it is even more true that i cant justify having a 1300€ IEM that could break any day after warranty leaving me with basically small unrepairable paperweights. If it would happen again to me i would probably just sell the replacement and buy IE600 instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back