Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Feb 9, 2022 at 5:35 AM Post #3,166 of 4,798
I recommend the ie300. Same size, plastic housing, very light. Wont move and sounds great.

I've no issues with IE900 with the stock cable, just the Brise Audio was too heavy and impractical for out walking or anything other than sitting!

Feb 9, 2022 at 5:40 AM Post #3,167 of 4,798
I've no issues with IE900 with the stock cable, just the Brise Audio was too heavy and impractical for out walking or anything other than sitting!
I figured that's what you meant. With the stock cable (which is what I use) IE 900 can be used almost anywhere. It virtually disappears.

Feb 9, 2022 at 5:43 AM Post #3,168 of 4,798
I figured that's what you meant. With the stock cable (which is what I use) IE 900 can be used almost anywhere. It virtually disappears.

I had a bit of a break from IE900 and just back today - even with the underpowered ZX507, thoroughly enjoyed for my morning walk earlier. Any IEM cull likely to occur, will not include IE900 that's for sure.

Feb 9, 2022 at 5:50 AM Post #3,169 of 4,798
I had a bit of a break from IE900 and just back today - even with the underpowered ZX507, thoroughly enjoyed for my morning walk earlier. Any IEM cull likely to occur, will not include IE900 that's for sure.
Same here. The IE 900 was an instant keeper for me, and remains so. Nevermind SQ, fit for me is unmatched by any IEM I've ever used. It works perfectly for my use case as an EDC and (wired) travel IEM.

Feb 9, 2022 at 6:59 AM Post #3,170 of 4,798
I recommend the ie300. Same size, plastic housing, very light. Wont move and sounds great.
He meant with the 3rd party cable... not the earphones...

Feb 9, 2022 at 7:09 AM Post #3,171 of 4,798
I could be wrong but I believe he is talking about the cable.
Putting a heavy cable on the IE900 made it impossible to walk around with them.
If he takes the ie300 and puts on a heavy cable, it will be potentially as bad or even worse (if they are lighter, not sure if they are but I guess so as it’s plastic).

It’s more about the weight of a heavy cable dragging down the light earpieces (I’d consider both IE900 and IE300 light).

Edit: Justanut already covered it!

Feb 9, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #3,172 of 4,798
Ordered some Spiral Dots from Penon Audio...I'm really enjoying them. I've gone between the stocks, the AET07s and now the spirals...and I think the spirals are my fav so far. They seem to really widen the soundstage - and everything has a beautifully rounded full tone to it. I realize the IE900 is doing most of the magic - but the spirals are making them just that much more tasty!

Feb 9, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #3,173 of 4,798
Ordered some Spiral Dots from Penon Audio...I'm really enjoying them. I've gone between the stocks, the AET07s and now the spirals...and I think the spirals are my fav so far. They seem to really widen the soundstage - and everything has a beautifully rounded full tone to it. I realize the IE900 is doing most of the magic - but the spirals are making them just that much more tasty!
This is the regular OG Spiral Dot? Because I have the Spiral Dot++ and I feel it diffuses the sound especially in the bass region.

Feb 10, 2022 at 1:36 AM Post #3,175 of 4,798
Spirals are my favourite tips overall for comfort, and only slightly behind the AET07 for sound. Like @nuze says I hear the Spiral Dots diffusing the sound slightly, which gives it a wider stage and more rounded, softer notes. AET07 deepens the stage and has harder hitting bass and crisper, more articulate vocals and treble. It comes down to taste, but mostly fit for me. I use Spirals on the Sony IEMs, AET on the IE900.

Feb 10, 2022 at 4:21 AM Post #3,176 of 4,798
Spirals are my favourite tips overall for comfort, and only slightly behind the AET07 for sound. Like @nuze says I hear the Spiral Dots diffusing the sound slightly, which gives it a wider stage and more rounded, softer notes. AET07 deepens the stage and has harder hitting bass and crisper, more articulate vocals and treble. It comes down to taste, but mostly fit for me. I use Spirals on the Sony IEMs, AET on the IE900.
You ever tried AET08 on the IE900? I find myself jumping between the Sedna Crystal and AET08. I really like how it delivers the bass. But I find the mids and highs better on the Crystal.

Feb 10, 2022 at 4:24 AM Post #3,177 of 4,798
You ever tried AET08 on the IE900? I find myself jumping between the Sedna Crystal and AET08. I really like how it delivers the bass. But I find the mids and highs better on the Crystal.
Yes I did. Not bad, but not mad about the colour (silly, I know). Also 07 and SD fit better for me. 07 should tame some treble too, if that's a problem for anyone.

Feb 10, 2022 at 4:33 AM Post #3,178 of 4,798
Yes I did. Not bad, but not mad about the colour (silly, I know). Also 07 and SD fit better for me. 07 should tame some treble too, if that's a problem for anyone.
Ya sizing is different and the colors :smile: Well actually I just tried switching to the 07 again with position 1 and I find it better overall than the 08. Help, I can't seem to settle on an eartip for the IE900:sweat_smile:

Feb 10, 2022 at 5:22 AM Post #3,179 of 4,798
Ya sizing is different and the colors :smile: Well actually I just tried switching to the 07 again with position 1 and I find it better overall than the 08. Help, I can't seem to settle on an eartip for the IE900:sweat_smile:
Just got the ie900 to go with my ZX507. Lovely combo, but I agree that tip rolling could be drawn out... None of the stock tips, large or small, fit my ears. My best solution from the many tips I've accumulated over the years so far are the larger Symbios without the foam inserts (which hurt my ears) - they give a really good seal, but may be just a bit trebly (my 900s only have about 40 hours on them, so their qualities may still change ).

Happy to take any suggestions for a warmish sounding silicon tip that could tame that treble just a touch.

Feb 10, 2022 at 5:30 AM Post #3,180 of 4,798
Just got the ie900 to go with my ZX507. Lovely combo, but I agree that tip rolling could be drawn out... None of the stock tips, large or small, fit my ears. My best solution from the many tips I've accumulated over the years so far are the larger Symbios without the foam inserts (which hurt my ears) - they give a really good seal, but may be just a bit trebly (my 900s only have about 40 hours on them, so their qualities may still change ).

Happy to take any suggestions for a warmish sounding silicon tip that could tame that treble just a touch.
You can use the foam inserts from stock tips to reduce treble slightly. You can also stick it at position 1. Besides that, I believe eartips such as the Final E and Sony Hybrids help reduce treble too but the lows and mids will get affected.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back