Jan 22, 2022 at 6:53 AM Post #3,062 of 4,798
Its gonna be a fun afternoon :ksc75smile:

Attachments

• 20220122_125223.jpg
    20220122_125223.jpg
    901.1 KB · Views: 0
Jan 22, 2022 at 8:04 AM Post #3,064 of 4,798
Nice!

I pinged ADV yesterday about those as it's been 3 weeks wait for me already... I picked mineral grey we'll see how it turns out.

How do you like the sound?
I feel the bass is similar to using them with the Symbio W eartips. Some of the peaky treble do smoothen out with the custom tips.

Mine took slightly past 4 weeks.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2022 at 4:31 PM Post #3,067 of 4,798
I currently have the Sony IER M9 and have been having issues with bass quantity. For folks that have both, how does the IE 900 compare? I know the bass is supposed to be fantastic but how about the quantity/slam?

Jan 22, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #3,068 of 4,798
I currently have the Sony IER M9 and have been having issues with bass quantity. For folks that have both, how does the IE 900 compare? I know the bass is supposed to be fantastic but how about the quantity/slam?
I don’t have the m9 and I cannot complain about the slam of the IE900 but in terms of quantity the technics Tz700 beat them.
However in terms of quantity I’d go for the IE900.

Jan 22, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #3,069 of 4,798
After testing back and forth all day between the different eartips my favorite for sure are the spiral dots++. First of all the fit is incredibly good for me (arguably the most important part of a eartip)
But the sound is what makes these things so great for me. They are similar to Acoustune but with a slightly wider soundstage. Also they sound a bit smoother in the treble area then AE07 or Xelento tips which gives me the perfect balance between brilliance and harshness.
Definitely gonna go back to the AE07 every now and then to switch it up same as Xelento if i want ultimate comfort.
The Sedna are kinda meh. Not a good fit for me.

Jan 22, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #3,070 of 4,798
Also regarding custom eartips:
I received my pair a few days ago even though they really ****ed up the seal on one side i could push them in to get a temporary seal. And i can already say even if they will be able to fix the seal i absolutely didnt like how they sound with the IE900. A lot of the IE900s appeal comes from the brilliance in the treble. The custom eartip completely kills this part. I dont know why but the whole treble is dead and they sound incredibly cheap with them. Would not recommend

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #3,071 of 4,798
Also regarding custom eartips:
I received my pair a few days ago even though they really ****ed up the seal on one side i could push them in to fix it. And i can already say even if they will be able to fix the seal i absolutely didnt like how they sound with the IE900. A lot of the IE900s appeal comes from the brilliance in the treble. The custom eartip completely kills this part. I dont know why but the whole treble is dead and they sound incredibly cheap with them. Would not recommend
i have custom tips totally not recommended with ie900

Jan 22, 2022 at 10:05 PM Post #3,072 of 4,798
Has someone compared these with the Xelento?
I compared A/B IE900 with T9i (Xelento evolution) and it’s quite a bit gap in performance.

That being said, tunint of T9i is pretty drastically different than the OG Xelento.

Xelento is easily outdone by a lot of iem’s under $400 in today’s market - I wouldn’t put it up against the IE900 in any facet of sound.

Cheers,

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jan 24, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #3,073 of 4,798
After a few days of trying i need to emphasize again how incredible the Spiral Dots++ are. The IE900 sound for a lack of a better word absolutely perfect for me. I dont need to lower the treble anymore with EQ and i can listen for hours on end to them. With the smoother sound also the amount of detail you can recognize is increased. Also the increase in soundstage is even more then i thought after going back to the Xelento. It turns the IE900 to an out of head experience even though soundstage already was big.
Im totally blown away how these already amazing IEM get so much better just with some great Eartips.

Jan 24, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #3,075 of 4,798
All this talk of using other tips and here am I with 0 issues with the stock silicone tips 😅
Not sure if I’m just abnormal or whether you guys are jamming the earphones in too deep…🤨
I couldn't get a proper seal with any of the stock silicone tips. Even when I did, I found IE 900 sounded better to me with third party tips. As always, YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back