Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Sep 3, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #2,237 of 4,795
I've listened to ie900 paired with my Hugo2 (sadly no Dave here, only a Sam, my son :) ) and to be honest I think I prefer the N6ii+R01 pairing over Hugo2, if that helps. The R01 seems to just bring out all the best in the ie900.

I will give the Hugo2 another go over the weekend though and compare again just to confirm.
Oh man, not what I wanna hear. That'll be my main source when I get my IE 900.

Surprised, because my HD 820 sounds perfect with the Hugo 2.

Sep 3, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #2,238 of 4,795
Oh man, not what I wanna hear. That'll be my main source when I get my IE 900.

Surprised, because my HD 820 sounds perfect with the Hugo 2.
Don't panic ie900 does sound exceptional with the Hugo 2 don't get me wrong.

Perhaps I was in a different "place" if you know what I mean when I last tried my Hugo 2.

Hence the reason why I'm comparing sources again over the weekend and remember everybody's ears are different and YMMV, etc, etc.

Sep 3, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #2,239 of 4,795
Thanks for the tips discussion. I just gave the Acoustune AET07 a run through. They are now 2nd place for me. Best sounding/fitting for me are the Azla SednaEarfitLight.
And another to add to my list for the weekend. Good thing I already have a set of everything on-hand. E Earphone spoils a boy with choice.

Sep 4, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #2,240 of 4,795
images - 2021-09-04T100734.642.jpeg

Another rec for IE 900 lovers of epic cinematic music. This type of album is where the combination of life-size, towering bass and the ability to resolve the most subtle dynamic nuances makes the IE 900 such an impressive and versatile performer. You absolutely have to have both power and finesse for this type of track:

Thomas Bergersen - Made of Water (from Humanity Chapter IV):

https://song.link/za/i/1582544665

Sep 4, 2021 at 4:29 AM Post #2,241 of 4,795
@gLer thanks for the album link! I missed that on my Roon for some reason. Had to force a full rescan of tidal/qobuz ! <3

Sep 4, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #2,242 of 4,795
@gLer thanks for the album link! I missed that on my Roon for some reason. Had to force a full rescan of tidal/qobuz ! <3
No worries, it was released late on Tidal for some reason, which is probably why Roon failed to update. The entire Humanity series is outstanding, though I still rate Thomas's first two albums, Illusions and Sun, as the pinnacle of his work to date. Illusions is my all-time favourite cinematic album.

Sep 4, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #2,243 of 4,795
Ok ok ok .. reach the 50hrs and this iem is soooo good whatever you cater at.. unprecedented pleasure and I’ll come about this later.

Being a self-confessed cable believer I’m plagued with the cable rolling step to dig out all the ie900 guts.. my rhapsodio silver wizard is 2pin so..

I do not intend :

to touch it’s signature but only letting go soundstage details and imaging with good dynamic ..

To add or subtract bass or treble which I deem Perfectly balance for my tastes - preserving the punch and impact and avoid a harsh high.

To sum up may be a technical/neutral with smooth details treble - I must admit I’m a sucker for details as far as it remains musical.

i was thinking to leonidas II effect audio or may be a plus sound tri silver?

any suggestions in the 500-1000 $ range with that claim register?
Thanks

Sep 4, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #2,244 of 4,795
Ok ok ok .. reach the 50hrs and this iem is soooo good whatever you cater at.. unprecedented pleasure and I’ll come about this later.

Being a self-confessed cable believer I’m plagued with the cable rolling step to dig out all the ie900 guts.. my rhapsodio silver wizard is 2pin so..

I do not intend :

to touch it’s signature but only letting go soundstage details and imaging with good dynamic ..

To add or subtract bass or treble which I deem Perfectly balance for my tastes - preserving the punch and impact and avoid a harsh high.

To sum up may be a technical/neutral with smooth details treble - I must admit I’m a sucker for details as far as it remains musical.

i was thinking to leonidas II effect audio or may be a plus sound tri silver?

any suggestions in the 500-1000 $ range with that claim register?
Thanks
You can always send your Rhapsodio to @EffectAudio to have them install ConX on it. Then you can use it with all your IEMs. I've just sent them my custom Cardas cable so I can use it with my IE 900.

Sep 4, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #2,245 of 4,795
You can always send your Rhapsodio to @EffectAudio to have them install ConX on it. Then you can use it with all your IEMs. I've just sent them my custom Cardas cable so I can use it with my IE 900.
What do they charge for that again? Might send them my Leo II Octa.

Sep 4, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #2,246 of 4,795
What do they charge for that again? Might send them my Leo II Octa.
$80 excl shipping. Pretty decent price if you consider the value it adds. I've asked for the ConX Reserve version, which gives you two 2-pin and two mmcx connectors, as I can't see myself needing IPX and Pentaconn connectors anytime soon.

Sep 4, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #2,247 of 4,795
$80 excl shipping. Pretty decent price if you consider the value it adds. I've asked for the ConX Reserve version, which gives you two 2-pin and two mmcx connectors, as I can't see myself needing IPX and Pentaconn connectors anytime soon.
It will be 3 x 80 with DHL shipping back and forth I suppose, which is not pocket change, but with one mmcx IEM in my collection now it is worth considering. Thanks!

Sep 4, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #2,248 of 4,795
Could be a great idea.. the EFFECT AUDIO mmcx match the ie 900? I’ve seen NULL AUDIO or PLUS SOUND offering specific IE 900 MMCX OPTION .. it that the same ?

Sep 4, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #2,249 of 4,795
Could be a great idea.. the EFFECT AUDIO mmcx match the ie 900? I’ve seen NULL AUDIO or PLUS SOUND offering specific IE 900 MMCX OPTION .. it that the same ?
Yes, EA ConX mmcx fits the IE 900 perfectly. It's what inspired me to get it done myself. And saves you alot of money having to buy an all-new cable just for the IE 900.

Sep 4, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #2,250 of 4,795
It will be 3 x 80 with DHL shipping back and forth I suppose, which is not pocket change, but with one mmcx IEM in my collection now it is worth considering. Thanks!
I think I do agree and more over if I consider a small risk the sent cable being lost in commuting .. I don’t mind having a dedicated new one even with a con x system - although not sure I want to fiddle the connection each time

Yes, EA ConX mmcx fits the IE 900 perfectly. It's what inspired me to get it done myself. And saves you alot of money having to buy an all-new cable just for the IE 900.
Hum that’s great even for knew one.. thank’s for that precision

Users who are viewing this thread

Back