Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Aug 24, 2021 at 3:52 AM Post #2,131 of 4,806
Honestly, even after owning LX and hearing quite a few other summit fi iems i still would dare to say IE900 bass is one of best i have heard regardless if price range. Not talking about the quantity only . but rather a good combo of quality, speed, control and at the same time having enough of oomph to rattle your head.
This kind of kit is hard to come by.
Same here, and it took me completely by surprise. It's also quite complementary to the LX, with a slightly more open and revealing sound, though LX is a small step up in technicalities.

Aug 24, 2021 at 3:58 AM Post #2,133 of 4,806
how about compared with the ier z1r?
IER-Z1R has more forward upper mids and lower treble, but the mid/upper bass is not as prominent. On the technical front, I’d say Z1R has the edge over IE900 for detail retrieval, instrument separation, layering and sounds more open. But IE900 sounds a lot more cohesive and it’s dynamics (especially in the bass) are significantly better than Z1R to my ears.

LXSE is a limited edition variant of LX with different internal wiring and is tuned with slightly more forward upper mids and treble. They’re pretty similar for the most part though.

Aug 24, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #2,135 of 4,806
I feel the same lol… IE900 has virtually made my LXSE redundant. Pretty incredible for a significantly cheaper, single driver IEM
Havent heard SE. But LX mids are more to my liking. Ie900 isnt bad but i like a bit of presence in upper mids in relation to treble.
A bit more forward treble on ie900 is welcome change from LX and it slightly compensates for relatively smaller staging.
Its a bit tricky with treble though as i am quite sensitive to 6-7khz. So far after lengthy auditioning sessions it did not become fatiguing. And hopefully would just get better with time.
So will see. Getting Mest MKII later this week to do some A/B testing. And will decide if i need to get ie900 or Mest.
Same here, and it took me completely by surprise. It's also quite complementary to the LX, with a slightly more open and revealing sound, though LX is a small step up in technicalities.
Kinda agree. Their Low end might be tuned with fun in mind, but mids and treble are quite different. So could be 2 different shades of same grey.

Aug 24, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #2,136 of 4,806
Making a bracket in the very interesting comments above (leaving eartips behind) : almost 6 weeks shortage in Europe for the ie 900 and for a made in Germany products?! Is senheiser also impacted by components supply ? My local dealer can’t even get any information from senheiser.. I’m considering to get a softeats Turii instead as it’s available.. hope to get news very soon .. too bad

Aug 24, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #2,137 of 4,806
shortage sucks, but id rather wait 6 weeks for something to keep for years

Aug 24, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #2,139 of 4,806
Yeah no comparison between IER-M9 bass and IE900.

IE900 overall a much more exciting and engaging IEM, IER-M9 more intimate and for me, more focused listening sessions - I choose it for a lot of ambient music, especially in bed at night or early in the morning... I wake early and typically can't fall back asleep so use the time for music, often reaching for IER-M9 and now also Oriolus Isabellae.
I am actually very interested in the IE900 and the Isabellae, with the IER M9 one of my favourites in my stable. Would you mind providing more details on their comparison?

Aug 24, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #2,140 of 4,806
I am actually very interested in the IE900 and the Isabellae, with the IER M9 one of my favourites in my stable. Would you mind providing more details on their comparison?

Sure, leave it with me... I'm not strong on detailed technical comparisons but I can give a view on where I see strengths, weakness etc for both... plus the music I find they are best suited to.

Worth reading the recent excellent reviews by @gLer of both Isa and IE900.

Aug 24, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #2,141 of 4,806
Just put in my order for the IE 900. Trading in my SE846 and IE 800 S, as they'd be redundant. Have loved these IEM's over the years, so hope it's a good bet!

Still keeping the KSE1200, for my uber resolving set when I'm in more of an analytical mood. Can't see anything else displacing the KSE for that.

I'll update when I receive the Senn's. Backordered for now from the store I've chosen.

Aug 24, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #2,142 of 4,806
Just put in my order for the IE 900. Trading in my SE846 and IE 800 S, as they'd be redundant. Have loved these IEM's over the years, so hope it's a good bet!

Still keeping the KSE1200, for my uber resolving set when I'm in more of an analytical mood. Can't see anything else displacing the KSE for that.

I'll update when I receive the Senn's. Backordered for now from the store I've chosen.
It was a dogfight over the se846 and ie800 for me back in the day. Spent a months or so in turmoil. Ended up with the ie800. Then lost it a few weeks later but the 800s came out and whipped that up in an instant. Had that for a few months then lost them too. I sooooo really want a pair of ie900. Everything about the 800s was just my niche.

Sure, leave it with me... I'm not strong on detailed technical comparisons but I can give a view on where I see strengths, weakness etc for both... plus the music I find they are best suited to.

Worth reading the recent excellent reviews by @gLer of both Isa and IE900.
Just the way I prefer write ups. Sometimes they can by just so dry and unenjoyable.

Aug 24, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #2,143 of 4,806
It was a dogfight over the se846 and ie800 for me back in the day. Spent a months or so in turmoil. Ended up with the ie800. Then lost it a few weeks later but the 800s came out and whipped that up in an instant. Had that for a few months then lost them too. I sooooo really want a pair of ie900. Everything about the 800s was just my niche.
Maybe you shouldn't be buying expensive earphones 😂

I also was torn between the SE846 and IE 800. Decided on the SE846, but found that I couldn't stop thinking about the IE 800, so bought them too eventually, haha. Loved the pairing. Hopefully I love the KSE / IE 900 pairing as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back