Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Jun 8, 2021 at 1:14 AM Post #961 of 4,798
Well most people don't buy $1,300 earphone.... head-fi-ers not included. You'd be surprised how many people change their socks daily. 😀😅
I change my socks twice a day , everyday.

Jun 8, 2021 at 1:27 AM Post #963 of 4,798
That cable used to cost over $500 USD.

Haaa your so dislikefull towards the mighty 1960 😛 it cost 1750 for a 4 wire version(which is 8 apparently but its hidden)

Oh man you are so rich to be able swapping socks twice a day dang.

Jun 8, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #964 of 4,798
I only have one pair of socks. I spend all my money on audio gear 😛.
I believe you and no underwear.

Haaa your so dislikefull towards the mighty 1960 😛 it cost 1750 for a 4 wire version(which is 8 apparently but its hidden)

Oh man you are so rich to be able swapping socks twice a day dang.
Ha I bought the 4 wire. I didnt look at the price. This was over 3 years ago.

Jun 8, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #965 of 4,798
I've been following this thread and read through all 63 pages. Really interested in getting the IE 900!
For those who are using this with the Sony WM1A on the balanced output, is there any background hiss when the music is not playing?
That is the good thing here the hiss is nearly completely absent. I know exactly why you ask this. With some headphones this hiss is rather obvious.

Jun 8, 2021 at 3:29 AM Post #966 of 4,798
Some feedback after 10 days using daily the IE900 and IER-Z1R (over 8 hours every day).... and the situation is not as clear as for many owners here.

1) I still don't feel really comfortable to wear the IE900. It's strange because a lot of people don't like the IER-Z1R, but for everything else than having a rest and more or less lying on a cushion, I really prefer to put and keep the IER-Z1R, as just the tips are touching the skin of my ears and nothing else. The Sony's cable doesn't generate any disturbing noise at all against my collar like the IE900 does. Then, I would say, I feel as if I am wearing some thick classes with the IE900. I was hoping, I wouldn't feel wearing the IE900 after getting used to it after a few days, but, till now it's not the case...just more or less uncomfortable without finding a correct way with the cable.
I think, I have to wait that another cables are available on the market as actually they are too many issues wearing the Sennheiser's one (but I won't pay a 500$ or more for a balanced cable) .. loads of microphonics, too hard around the ears, I can't keep the cord same position for laying down on a cushion and upper position (it hurts the top part of my earlobes) so I have to change the "form" of the cable around my ear to avoid the thicker part to be behind my ear. In decades, I never had such issues with IEMs.

2) for sound quality too, I still don't have the same feeling as many here .. Surprisingly, for long music sessions, I still prefer Sony's sound signature in mids and upper mids, though IE900 is really very very impressive as it is.

I probably need a few more weeks to fully enjoy the IE 900. Till now, I am a bit more comfortable with the IER-Z1R.
Let's wait another 10 days ...

Jun 8, 2021 at 3:32 AM Post #967 of 4,798
Some feedback after 10 days using daily the IE900 and IER-Z1R (over 8 hours every day).... and the situation is not as clear as for many owners here.

1) I still don't feel really comfortable to wear the IE900. It's strange because a lot of people don't like the IER-Z1R, but for everything else than having a rest and more or less lying on a cushion, I really prefer to put and keep the IER-Z1R, as just the tips are touching the skin of my ears and nothing else. The Sony's cable doesn't generate any disturbing noise at all against my collar like the IE900 does. Then, I would say, I feel as if I am wearing some thick classes with the IE900. I was hoping, I wouldn't feel wearing the IE900 after getting used to it after a few days, but, till now it's not the case...just more or less uncomfortable without finding a correct way with the cable.
I think, I have to wait that another cables are available on the market as actually they are too many issues wearing the Sennheiser's one (but I won't pay a 500$ or more for a balanced cable) .. loads of microphonics, too hard around the ears, I can't keep the cord same position for laying down on a cushion and upper position (it hurts the top part of my earlobes) so I have to change the "form" of the cable around my ear to avoid the thicker part to be behind my ear. In decades, I never had such issues with IEMs.

2) for sound quality too, I still don't have the same feeling as many here .. Surprisingly, for long music sessions, I still prefer Sony's sound signature in mids and upper mids, though IE900 is really very very impressive as it is.

I probably need a few more weeks to fully enjoy the IE 900. Till now, I am a bit more comfortable with the IER-Z1R.
Let's wait another 10 days ...
"thick classes"

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1623031792768.jpg
    FB_IMG_1623031792768.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 0
Jun 8, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #968 of 4,798
ie900 is a great iem its really worth to own. I dont see it replacing my ultra strong Fourté but man ie900 is beating up alot of other iems. It also depends what your after you know.

you can complain on anything I even DO SO on my legendary fourté lmao and then yet I still love it 😛🤣
Oh no, it's not killing Fourte then?? STOP THE HYPE TRAIN!! :D

It has killed Sony M9 for me though :) Sure M9 has a bit better imaging, resolution etc, but i'm not making or analyzing music, and IE900 is just more enjoyable, combined with better ergonomics it's no brainer.

Jun 8, 2021 at 4:18 AM Post #969 of 4,798
Very exciting day for the IE900 today. She will be fed a healthy dose of Dolby Atmos music via Apple Music, I’ve been waiting for this! I’m moving completely over to apple music now it’s gone high res, £15 a month for a family plan so I’ll have high res and atmos across all my devices. I’m also looking forward to watching films in atmos using my AirPods max via my Apple TV.
Very interesting times in audio. Could be game changing.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #971 of 4,798
Anyone tried the DUNU Hulk cable with the ie900? Would be interested, but for this price (and currently only available in China) i would like to have some opinions before (sound/fit).
You'll need to get in contact with Dunu to get them to measure the diameter of their male MMCX connector.... Unless @ericpalonen can help you out or someone with a Dunu cable as I believe they use the same connectors throughout their range.

Jun 8, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #972 of 4,798
Anyone tried the DUNU Hulk cable with the ie900? Would be interested, but for this price (and currently only available in China) i would like to have some opinions before (sound/fit).
I can only comment on the Hulk’s feel... which I did not like at all. The cable is relatively stiff and also heavy. For sure it’s not suitable on the go, at least for me.

Jun 8, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #973 of 4,798
I can only comment on the Hulk’s feel... which I did not like at all. The cable is relatively stiff and also heavy. For sure it’s not suitable on the go, at least for me.
But most upgrade cables are heavier.

Jun 8, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #974 of 4,798
Anyone tried ie900 after noble encore? just a flier of a question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back