Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Jun 2, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #708 of 4,798
For what it's worth I've been using the IE100Pro medium silicone tips on my IE300's. They fit me perfectly, have the two-step thing if you need it, still have the foam packing in them, and, they're definitely that little bit more robust and thicker walled. £13 for a set of 5x from Sennheiser direct.
Yeah valid options worth trying, i thought the 900 silicone tips will be same, but they are worst/soft, i have both ie100 and ie500, but Azlas are so good i don't think id need other

Jun 2, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #709 of 4,798
Wow. I wasn't aware these aren't available to order in the US anymore. I preordered mine on May 11th, and mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow according to UPS tracking. I'm in the US. So are all the people that have received their IE900 so far all located outside of US excluding the ones with pre release units?
Just placed an order. It wasn't available to order the few times I checked, but seems the buy button is active again.

Jun 2, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #710 of 4,798
Just listened to Marcus Miller's M2 album. The IE900 made me smile several times. What an impact when Marcus is thumping away....best bass on a headphone which I came across so far.

Jun 2, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #711 of 4,798
Just listened to Marcus Miller's M2 album. The IE900 made me smile several times. What an impact when Marcus is thumping away....best bass on a headphone which I came across so far.

Jun 2, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #712 of 4,798
I will check this later.

Jun 2, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #713 of 4,798
So After a good 40minutes of listen I cant hold my self then bring some impressions of my new aqcuisition!

I was very pleased with the unboxing experience it feels premium and like you bought a very high quality equipment. The quality check card or certificate is a nice touch, reminds me of my hd800s personal sound frequency graph that came in the box 😛

The iem it self is very solid and offer a good option with cable selection, so you can hook it basically to anything out of the box 👍

A little bummer about the cable as I find it very microphonic I would call it 8/10 high noise. The solution I found to kill the microphonics was to raise the chin holder near your neck. This way it have eliminated 90% of the noise from the cable taps and knocks. I am saying this as I never used chin holders in any of my cables before. I think the jacket is stiff thats what causes the taps to go all the way up.

About the ear tips oh lalala the foamies are my favorite! I am using the medium ones. Its very awesome as it slide in my ear and I have no need to squize or press the foamies at all to get them in.
All I do is gently press it inwards and it holds and takes a tight snugy fit all while being comfortable and not to much outward pressure.

Interesting fact with the eartips I am very great full to the folks who mentioned it on the thread as I didnt know it had 2 locking position and I am right now in huge debate and decisional fights lmao should it be in more extended position or the short one??? The thing is I like both WAYS!
When you set it in extended positions I feel very vast and deep soundstage the sound get bigger deeper more vast, almost like you are expanding your sense of the ambiente perception in the holographiness in sound dimensions. Very impressive! But you do get some treble elevation loss here, it get slightly less trebly

When you set the eartip to short extension you get a some what more intimate sound with a more emphasis on treble and also the sound atmospheric perception is now not as vast but you get a more closer presentation now and things explode and get more fun here.
Really both way are very amazing and I guess I will simply play with the position of the eartip to get the desired sound type along my mode 🙃😃

Ok now about the famous silicon eartips 😅😅😅 oh ummm well I dont like them sorry, they sound very off and odd. Specially if you are jumping from the foamies to the silicone then you are guaranteed to be very disappointed. The sound just get thin very super open airy almost like a open back headphones simulation. I am not saying you cant listen with those tips but it feels like they are wrong and not right at all here. Maybe folks who want absolutely a reference and as unaltered sound possible will love it? Maybe for work at studio? But for audiophiles is definitely the foamies!
Oh and foamies has very good isolation which is a must for me 😃👍

About the comfort !
Just wow 15/10 yes yes 5 points over so I guess 150% success 😍🥰
They are so comfy that they simply drowning in my ears to a point that I forget about them and when I have to take it out they dont want to lmao. They are small and I need to pull them by the mmcx base then I grab them by the frame. Yes very comfortable and impressive even! High isolation and superb comfort.

Ok fellas soon might have more impressions to come 🎊🎉😛 we are only igniting the Tiger yet 🤣
🐅🐾
Nice one Tiger! Thanks for sharing and taking those nice unboxing pics. Definitely looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts.

I decided to keep my preorder even though they won’t land in Australia until August. It’s going to be a long wait if all these positive impressions keep coming through 🥲

Jun 2, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #714 of 4,798
Nice one Tiger! Thanks for sharing and taking those nice unboxing pics. Definitely looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts.

I decided to keep my preorder even though they won’t land in Australia until August. It’s going to be a long wait if all these positive impressions keep coming through 🥲
I've continued to resist ordering the I900s. I'm rather proud of my self restraint :yum:

Jun 2, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #715 of 4,798
Jun 2, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #716 of 4,798
I've continued to resist ordering the I900s. I'm rather proud of my self restraint :yum:

ie.jpg

Jun 2, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #718 of 4,798
Hi all, I don't think I have seen this question being raised - I've read somewhere in IE900 specifications that the housings are considered as 'semi-open'. Does this mean some of the sound escapes (bleeds) or these are fully closed-back type of IEM similar to Shure's offerings in terms of sound isolation/0 bleed? Many thanks.

Jun 2, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #720 of 4,798
I was just showing @snapandslide a picture :smile:

Ssssh! do you have to tell the world how many iem's I've bought recently?! My g/f might read this :sweat_smile:
Haha, well I also get the issue of buying too much recently! Last month's payday has left me trigger happy for something, especially a DD, but this exercise in self restraint is I think a little necessary...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back