Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
May 31, 2021 at 8:03 AM Post #541 of 4,798
Are you based in the uk? I’m wondering if mine will come today now.
Yes, London

I'm interested in exactly these 4 iems. Would be interesting to know why you chose the Mest 2 over the Clair and Oracle and a comparision between IE900 and Mest 2
Totally different haven't had time yet to listen, but there were long impressions by @Scuba Devils

May 31, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #543 of 4,798
So i have IE500 and have had 800 and 800S and had certain expectations which were not met by any standarts, IE900 has nothing lacking by any other totl iem I've ever heard whilst the others are nowhere near, so whilst it has Senns signature its on a completely new level technically, where without even having compared to my other iems, i know where it stands right away, its the most coherent, speaker like experience out of all of them, all other Senn iems had issues with mids, highs or bass, here, three's none.
Btw, stock silicon tips are useless, very slim walls that wouldn't isolate, put Xelastecs right away and it's a winner. Cable.. No issues

Last edited:
May 31, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #544 of 4,798
So i have IE500 and have had 800 and 800S and had certain expectations which were not met by any standarts, IE900 has nothing lacking by any other totl iem I've ever heard whilst the others are nowhere near, so whilst it has Senns signature its on a completely new level technically, where without even having compared to my other iems, i know where it stands right away, its the most coherent, speaker like experience out of all of them
Did you get any luck with the stock silicone tips? And how is the cable?

May 31, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #547 of 4,798
Got mine too, could only listen to four tracks. Took the big stock tips with shallow insertion, isolation is great, bass is perfect. The cable is very very good, I will never change it. More impressions will come later.

May 31, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #548 of 4,798
Got mine too, could only listen to four tracks. Took the big stock tips with shallow insertion, isolation is great, bass is perfect. The cable is very very good, I will never change it. More impressions will come later.
Can't wait to hear your impressions!

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
May 31, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #552 of 4,798
Tips are such an individual thing, i was disappointed many times buying something overhyped only to figure out that they don't fit me (Sedna Azla Light, mediocre seal -> lack of bass), or mess up the sound (Final E, they do strange things to tonality of almost every iem i've tried).
So i'm happy that Ortofon tips fit and am done with rolling for now.

May 31, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #553 of 4,798
They’ve arrived! I’ve been listening to the IE800S this morning and straight away the upgrade is clear as day. Some early thoughts, take it all with a huge pinch of salt, i need time to adjust and a few hours listening for a true grasp on these but here goes…… The tonal balance is a step up for sure, a touch more warmth in the mids without any loss of detail or bite. I’m sensitive to forward mids, my volume level is determined on vocals, and if they are too forward in the upper mids, I want to turn the volume down, that doesn’t seem to be happening with the IE900, I have got a satisfying level which allows the bass and treble level to also shine through.
The bass is actually more restrained than I had imagined based on the frequency response graphs, it’s really nice, it sounds correct in terms of quantity so far, zero bloat, nice and clean but satisfying. The mid bass is exactly where I want it, it’s without muddying the mids.
Now, the treble, wow. Initial impression is that it could be the best treble I’ve heard from and iem, That’s coming from Z1R and kse1200 which I also own. It’s fair to say, I think they might lose head time to the ie900.
separation and soundstage is superb, better than IE800S, way better than KSE1200, maybe on a par with Z1R.
The fit and comfort is on a par with the shure so far, I did not like the IE800 fit so this is a huge deal for me, i can use these whilst out walking the dog now.
it’s fair to say I am extremely pleased so far, I obviously need more time but these are a serious contender for end game level iem status.

May 31, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #555 of 4,798

Users who are viewing this thread

Back