Sennheiser IE900 Review, Measurements, & Harman Target Talk
Jan 17, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #3,031 of 4,804
I actually tried this and it worked well. Quite unexpectedly it sounds as good as the stock silicone or maybe better. Didn’t have enough time to do comparison but it definitely sounds better than the OG Final Type E. Seal is very good too! Plus I can see the pink and grey nozzle on the tips now. Really recommended to try haha. The nozzles don’t go all the way in though. They are stuck at position 1. Here are the pics.

Hey thanks. Works great. Now at least I have an idea of how the stock ones are supposed to sound since I couldn't begin to get a seal with those.

Not sure if I'll use this instead of my current best, SednaEarfitLight.

Edit: I just might use these in addition to the EarfitLight. Now I've got 2 different sounds in 1 set.

Edit2: These are fantastic!!

Edit3: (I'll try to make this the last). OK. I've always liked the IE900 but frankly was a little dismayed at how high on everyone's lists these were constantly ranked. With these inverted Final E tips I get it. These are really outstanding.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #3,032 of 4,804
Certainly the fit inducing big variance on SQ is definitely one of the main "cons" of the IE900... I know if I had no custom tips I would have lost on IE900 big time

Jan 17, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #3,033 of 4,804
One could argue tip variance is useful to fine tune the sound. On the other hand my left ear is a moody brat and sometimes takes sooo long to find the tip that seals. Falcon Pros were a victim to this, prior to getting Final E TWS (should I flip them as well? :thinking:) they would only sound right on the right side.

Jan 17, 2022 at 7:46 PM Post #3,036 of 4,804
I feel that the IE900 does not offer many choices in regard to eartips due to fitting issues. The problem is also made worse because IE900 is eartip sensitive. Different tips give different sound profile so a typical average person has to do quite a lot of tiprolling to maximise their preferred SQ out of the IE900. Luckily there is a thread like this so users like me can get information on how to get our gear performing well. To be honest, I am pretty happy I found out about the flipped Final E because I could not get spare stock silicone here. Now my worry is gone in case I need a spare :beerchug:

Edit: just tried the Epro Horn tips and the stock silicone sounds slightly better. Flipped Final E still takes the crown :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #3,037 of 4,804
I feel that the IE900 does not offer many choices in regard to eartips due to fitting issues. The problem is also made worse because IE900 is eartip sensitive. Different tips give different sound profile so a typical average person has to do quite a lot of tiprolling to maximise their preferred SQ out of the IE900. Luckily there is a thread like this so users like me can get information on how to get our gear performing well. To be honest, I am pretty happy I found out about the flipped Final E because I could not get spare stock silicone here. Now my worry is gone in case I need a spare :beerchug:

Edit: just tried the Epro Horn tips and the stock silicone sounds slightly better. Flipped Final E still takes the crown :ksc75smile:
next tip I will flip is starline tips :), will share my findings

every iem I own goes through a test period with at least 50 tips

Jan 18, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #3,038 of 4,804

I use some Xelento "Dark Vador's helmet" tips with a common 1mm o-ring for my IE900, they goe really deeply in my ears and makes me able to even sleep and move my head on my cushion without in sound quality modification (it's amazing)... and they almost don't fall down at all out of my ears even after many hours sleeping on the side.
I would say the best versatile IEM I ever had with a very good sound quality, though, I really enjoy for more than two weeks now the impressive Vision Ears EXT, but those are not as versatile as the IE900.

Jan 18, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #3,039 of 4,804
It is so tempting to try different eartips now. One eartip that recently caught my attention is the Earrbond EBT which is hybrid silicone and foam. It looks cool and might fit the IE900 don't you guys think? Anyone who has them with the IE900 care to share your experience?
ACFCD591-BAEC-4D01-A644-6BB3DD3C4297.jpeg

Jan 18, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #3,040 of 4,804
I use some Xelento "Dark Vador's helmet" tips with a common 1mm o-ring for my IE900, they goe really deeply in my ears and makes me able to even sleep and move my head on my cushion without in sound quality modification (it's amazing)... and they almost don't fall down at all out of my ears even after many hours sleeping on the side.
I would say the best versatile IEM I ever had with a very good sound quality, though, I really enjoy for more than two weeks now the impressive Vision Ears EXT, but those are not as versatile as the IE900.
can u elaborate on on ie900 vs EXT comparison

Jan 18, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #3,041 of 4,804
can u elaborate on on ie900 vs EXT comparison
Sorry, It always takes a few months for me every time I own a new toy to fully enjoy it.. so maybe in April I will be able to detail more the advantage and disadvantage of the Senn IE900 vs VE EXT..
I own the Senheiser since end of May 2021, andthese last 3 months, I really found how to use them perfectly with the proper tips, PEQ, Cables, Source/Amp, music types....
I can just say, that after a bit more than 2 weeks, the VE EXT seems to be really very, very promising, but I am not ready to fully enjoy them, as after 2 weeks, I am still struggling to find the proper ear tips with them, as comfort (intended to be used many hours in my ears) is as important, as very good sound quality and even using comfortable and microphonic/noise free cables around my ears..

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #3,042 of 4,804
Finally ordered these today and hopefully be here tomorrow.

Be interesting to hear they sound compared to my Fiio FD7 which have surpassed my expectations.

Jan 18, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #3,043 of 4,804
Honestly speaking, PEQ (Precog's preset) takes the IE 900 where they should have been right from the start.
And I've only tested with my phone lol. If only the WM1A had PEQ, it would have been my dream DAP.
I have an iBasso DX300 on the way though.

Something is telling me my Monarch MKII will be on sale here soon...

Jan 18, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #3,044 of 4,804
Sorry, It always takes a few months for me every time I own a new toy to fully enjoy it.. so maybe in April I will be able to detail more the advantage and disadvantage of the Senn IE900 vs VE EXT..
I own the Senheiser since end of May 2021, andthese last 3 months, I really found how to use them perfectly with the proper tips, PEQ, Cables, Source/Amp, music types....
I can just say, that after a bit more than 2 weeks, the VE EXT seems to be really very, very promising, but I am not ready to fully enjoy them, as after 2 weeks, I am still struggling to find the proper ear tips with them, as comfort (intended to be used many hours in my ears) is as important, as very good sound quality and even using comfortable and microphonic/noise free cables around my ears..
You're very patient indeed. If something didn't fit right or sound right after a week, it would be on the classifieds the week after. I can usually tell within a few minutes, an hour tops, if something's a keeper. A few months? That's like 4 IEMs ago 😝

PS. I commend your process. Thankfully I'm over the whole buying and selling phase of the hobby. For now. 🙄

Jan 19, 2022 at 1:15 AM Post #3,045 of 4,804
You're very patient indeed. If something didn't fit right or sound right after a week, it would be on the classifieds the week after. I can usually tell within a few minutes, an hour tops, if something's a keeper. A few months? That's like 4 IEMs ago 😝

PS. I commend your process. Thankfully I'm over the whole buying and selling phase of the hobby. For now. 🙄

:k701smile: :k701smile: :k701smile:

Compared to the Xelento and IER Z1R, I wouldn't have kept the IE900 before at least 3 months. When, I finally could find the best tips for my ears, some proper cables without microphonic noise and even the proper position inside my ear => they became my favorites IEMs by a big margin of these last 3 years.
Such a story also happened with other stuff these last 10 years.. so, I almost never try anything less than 3 months (same with DSLR,ML lenses) and I never sell my items within 4 or 5 months or even more.
My search stops when I have found the stuff which seems to be perfect for my use, so I can use some amp, speakers for decades now, after having tried many around the 80's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back