Sennheiser IE8s for people wearing glasses?
Apr 25, 2011 at 3:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ImperialX

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi, this is my first post. Hopefully I posted it in the correct area.

I've been using the Klipsch Image S4 for 2 years now and I figured it may be a good time to upgrade. The Sennheiser IE8 look like they are the IEMs I'm looking for, but I'm a person who wears glasses. Will it be possible to wear the ear hooks even if you wear glasses?

I absolutely detest cable noise and that's one of the main reasons I want to upgrade. The Klipsch Image S4 currently goes over my ear without too much problems with my glasses, but the IE8 comes with those ear hooks. Will they work if I wear glasses?

Thanks.

Apr 25, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #3 of 4
I have IE7's and use them over my ear with no hooks. I do wear glasses sometimes and see no problems. 

Apr 25, 2011 at 8:31 AM Post #4 of 4
I have the PL50 and vsonic GR07, which are over-the ear.  The PL50s have very thick earguides and they work fine when I wear sunglasses (which have very thick arms).  The GR07 has really skinny earguides that are barely thicker than the cables themselves, so it's basically like they're not there.

So, you should be fine with the IE8.  Also, you don't need to use the earguides, they're just nice for reducing microphonics (a big deal for you, apparently) and help them stay on a little better.  Not sure what kind of cable they use, but some are better for that than others.  Also, its cableguide looks fairly similar to my PL50s, that is, relatively thick ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back