Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Aug 29, 2012 at 4:55 AM Post #2,956 of 7,699
Jus got myself one IE80... I love how it sounds and looks... But it doesnt perform well when im using it ouside of my room! The right side doesnt seal well at all! As a result the right side sounds softer than the left side... N im very annoyed with it... Anyone face the fit problem as well?

Aug 29, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #2,957 of 7,699
For me the best seal is with the large JVC Earbuds Replacement.
I found it on Ebay, Lee posted before some links for this tips in this thread ...

Edit : http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-x-JVC-Replacement-Ear-Phone-Ear-Bud-Gel-Tips-Various-Colours-Size-Large-/350573446310

Aug 29, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #2,959 of 7,699
Quote:
I found it on Ebay, Lee posted before some links for this tips in this thread ...

Edit : http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-x-JVC-Replacement-Ear-Phone-Ear-Bud-Gel-Tips-Various-Colours-Size-Large-/350573446310

Thanks Migou67. I was actually trying to find those tips. The large black one really looks like the ones I got on amazon a long time ago. I just ordered a set of 8 and hoping it is the same one. If it is I am extremely happy as it pairs best with my IE80s and my Tralucent 1Plus2s. Just I only had 3 pairs of those tips. 1 pair got lost in the move to my new place and I gave my dad my second pair. My third pair is wearing out already but it is the best sound I get from any tips to date....

Aug 29, 2012 at 7:55 AM Post #2,960 of 7,699
Quote:

How does the JVC eartips match up against sony hybrid eartips?

I recently bought the IE80s on amazon! I can't wait for it to be delivered! :) 

Aug 29, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #2,962 of 7,699
Quote:
How does the JVC eartips match up against sony hybrid eartips?

I recently bought the IE80s on amazon! I can't wait for it to be delivered! :) 

Hybrid tips constrict the sound-stage and change the sound too much for my liking. It doesn't sound right. It seems to bring the mids and bass closer as well. The JVC tips are much better on the IE80s IMO. Note the IE80 nozzle is significantly larger than the Sony Hybrid nozzle opening so of course it will constrict the sound.

Aug 29, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #2,963 of 7,699
Aug 29, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #2,964 of 7,699
Quote:
Jus got myself one IE80... I love how it sounds and looks... But it doesnt perform well when im using it ouside of my room! The right side doesnt seal well at all! As a result the right side sounds softer than the left side... N im very annoyed with it... Anyone face the fit problem as well?

I had a problem before using the Tx500 Comply in large. In fact I sold my first pair due to lack of seal. Now they're great and finally burned in. I know feel they surpass my HD25 for SQ.

Aug 29, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #2,965 of 7,699
And I like Hifiman RE0 black sylicon tips (middle size). A friend of mine also prefers those tips. Those isolate best and do not affect the signature.
If you've got a hifiman ear-phone, check it out...

Aug 30, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #2,966 of 7,699
Quote:
Hybrid tips constrict the sound-stage and change the sound too much for my liking. It doesn't sound right. It seems to bring the mids and bass closer as well. The JVC tips are much better on the IE80s IMO. Note the IE80 nozzle is significantly larger than the Sony Hybrid nozzle opening so of course it will constrict the sound.

Same result for me, I can't use the Sony hybrid that I used with my TF10, the sound is too much altered for me.

Aug 30, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #2,967 of 7,699
Quote:
Just ordered a set of the jvc tips. Been using the stock medium tips which come pre fitted. It fits fine, but hopefully these will fit better. Also bought the baldur mkII cable from a fellow headfier. Any one had any experience with one? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Baldur-MKII-upgrade-cable-for-Sennheiser-IE8-IE80-in-Transparent-color-/251131140019?pt=UK_Home_Garden_CD_DVDStorage_SM&hash=item3a789517b3

This cable looks good, I like the L shaped jack, can be a good update after I have purchased the Studio V 3rd !

I waiting on your feedback :)

Sep 1, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #2,968 of 7,699
Quote:
This cable looks good, I like the L shaped jack, can be a good update after I have purchased the Studio V 3rd !

I waiting on your feedback :)

i got the cable today. it looks good, much thicker than the stock cable. Looks and feels well built. The L jack is rather sturdy and weighty. It does create some static tho when it hits the back of my itouch. But nothing too serious. As for the connectors they fit okay on the left ear piece, but are a bit loose on the right one. Maybe cause its been used with an ie8 before?
confused_face_2.gif

As for the sound it seems to increase the treble slightly and clear up the mids juts a bit. I'm still trying to figure out the difference in the bass, if there is one. Will post more once i've spent more time with it and heard different variety of songs. Will upload some pics too via my galaxy s2, so dont expect anything special! :p

Sep 2, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #2,969 of 7,699
Hey Guys, thinking about getting this or MDR-EX600, and just had a few questions about them?

Do these IEM's have a similar sound signature compared to the HD598 or IE6? Also, how do they work for M/F vocals and classical music?

Value wise, would the MDR-EX600 be better?

Headphones that I loved: IE6, HD598, Koss Porta Pro,
Headphones that I didn't like: Ultimate Ears TF10, Sony MDR-V6,
Source: Sony A-Series

Thanks for all the help.

Sep 2, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #2,970 of 7,699
Quote:
Hey Guys, thinking about getting this or MDR-EX600, and just had a few questions about them?

Do these IEM's have a similar sound signature compared to the HD598 or IE6? Also, how do they work for M/F vocals and classical music?

Value wise, would the MDR-EX600 be better?

Headphones that I loved: IE6, HD598, Koss Porta Pro,
Headphones that I didn't like: Ultimate Ears TF10, Sony MDR-V6,
Source: Sony A-Series

Thanks for all the help.

They are clear step up from the ie6, better controlled bass which go deeper, less veiled mids, more treble. And more detailed too with a larger soundstage. Cant comment on the others as i have not heard them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back