Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Dec 9, 2011 at 9:14 AM Post #586 of 7,699
The IE8 is still my favourite IEM. Tried some other brands like Shure, but I can´t stand the deep insertion. IE8 is the only comfortable IEM I have found so far, and it sounds on par with the Shure 530 I had. Different, but I wouldn´t say worse. Both have their weaknesses. But IE8 is also the only IEM so far that´s managed to sound more like a full size can soundstage wise, which is a major plus.

Keep the IE80 impressions coming, I´ll probably join the party as soon as a new IE80 shipment arrives locally. Some IE80´s have already been sold here, so this isn´t a paper launch.

Dec 9, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #588 of 7,699
I've ordered my pair of ie80's :) they won't get the my store til the 22nd which is disheartening but I only paid 300 dollars which makes me very happy >_< definitely going to put a review up on these babies !!! GL to everyone and I hope everyone enjoys them.

Dec 9, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #590 of 7,699

Anyone heard or dealt with retailer www.Lookat.com ? Genuine trusted retailer ?

They apparently have Sennheiser IE80 in stock at approx £202 delivered to UK.

http://uk.lookat.com/music/sennheiser-ie-80-iem

Seems very good price. I'm EXTREMELY tempted.  Surely way too early to see counterfeits in circulation ?

Please let me know if anyone has dealt with them.

Dec 9, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #591 of 7,699
Price seems too good to be true, especially with free shipping. I´m only buying IEM´s locally because they often break. Sennheiser replaced my previous IE 8´s once without a problem. If I buy from that store I´d have to send them off and who knows if they´d ever send me anything back.

EDIT: also Sennheiser can refuse warranty work if the dealer is not an authorized one. Usually the authorized ones have similar prices, this is just too nice to be all legit.

Dec 9, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #592 of 7,699
So what's the best way to verify the retailer is definitely an Authorised Dealers ?

I tried to ask Sennheiser UK but they couldn't confirm as this was a retailer in Spain.

They did say they would honour warranty as long as they were genuine items.

In fact £200 is not far off the $300 dollars that WAZZUPI has ordered for if you take exchange rates into account.

WAZZUPI where did you order yours - 100% verified authorised dealer ?

Dec 9, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #593 of 7,699

Quote:
Quote:

The above video is from an official SENN rep. I hope you didn't think it was me. 
tongue.gif
 I'd have, at the very least, mentioned a thing or two pertaining to the sound.

However, I just ordered my own pair! 
biggrin.gif
 I've lived with the IE8 for nearly 2 years time in the past. Let's see if the IE80 can rejuvenate that love. I'll post back whenever it arrives, my friend. 
smile.gif

So how much did you get your pair for? Too bad we didnt buy together. We could have saved money buying in bulk. 

Dec 13, 2011 at 6:00 AM Post #595 of 7,699
How much sound do the IE 80 leak?
My current Phonak PFE can be cranked up fairly high without bothering the person next to you, but I'm in for more bass and the IE 80 are a good option in my opinion.

Dec 13, 2011 at 6:51 AM Post #597 of 7,699
Outside of it's announcement, I'm surprised no one has showed further interest in the IE60. I can't seem to find any impressions online either. Anyone here considering the IE60's?

Dec 13, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #598 of 7,699
Couldn't resist. My IE 80 are ordered :D Hoping that it is a good guess.

Dec 13, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #599 of 7,699
Received the following reply just now, officially from SENN, to an inquiry regarding the difference in sound between the IE60 vs. IE80:

The IE 80 will provide more detail and more balance (with bass tuning set to "0") than IE 60. IE 60 is a tremendous value, but IE 80 will give you that extra boost in sound quality audiophiles are looking for.

Not sure which one I'm more inclined towards, an audiophile oriented sound, or a tremendous value. Decisions, decisions... 

Dec 13, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #600 of 7,699

Quote:

Anyone heard or dealt with retailer www.Lookat.com ? Genuine trusted retailer ?

They apparently have Sennheiser IE80 in stock at approx £202 delivered to UK.

http://uk.lookat.com/music/sennheiser-ie-80-iem

Seems very good price. I'm EXTREMELY tempted.  Surely way too early to see counterfeits in circulation ?

Please let me know if anyone has dealt with them.

Quote:
So what's the best way to verify the retailer is definitely an Authorised Dealers ?
I tried to ask Sennheiser UK but they couldn't confirm as this was a retailer in Spain.
They did say they would honour warranty as long as they were genuine items.
In fact £200 is not far off the $300 dollars that WAZZUPI has ordered for if you take exchange rates into account.
WAZZUPI where did you order yours - 100% verified authorised dealer ?

If you want shoot me a PM and I can let you guys know of a trusted authorized dealer here in the states that has these. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back