Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Apr 6, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #7,517 of 7,699
maybe be cautious about how you explain this. I own no IEM with as much sub bass as the IE80 relatively to the midrange, so "really lacking" said like that out of context feels outstandingly wrong.

if you want sub bass, just turn up the screw. I wouldn't call the red measurement lacking relatively to bass, or to mids.
but obviously that is what I get with a tight seal. any failure to fit the IEM properly into the ear will result in rolled off subs. but that's true for almost all IEMs.

Apr 7, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #7,519 of 7,699
80 on Amazon Italy with international shipping for 180 EUR right now

That's a great deal. I jumped on it. Internationally (outside EU) the included VAT will be taken out of the price, so you pay roughly 150 Euro plus shipping.

Thanks a lot for letting us know. waffleboy!

Apr 8, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #7,520 of 7,699
If you can use an EQ for the sub-bass, will be fine, otherwise it is really lacking.

It is? Strange, the sub-bass on the IE80 is well extended. I'm using them at full bass settings, so that probably explains a bit. Still, I've never found them lacking.

Apr 8, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #7,521 of 7,699
maybe be cautious about how you explain this. I own no IEM with as much sub bass as the IE80 relatively to the midrange, so "really lacking" said like that out of context feels outstandingly wrong.

if you want sub bass, just turn up the screw. I wouldn't call the red measurement lacking relatively to bass, or to mids.
but obviously that is what I get with a tight seal. any failure to fit the IEM properly into the ear will result in rolled off subs. but that's true for almost all IEMs.

You're right and I should have mentioned that I was not considering using them with the bass port opened at maximum because there is nothing but a bass wave which demolishes all other frequencies.
Even in the minimum bass setting the bass is too bloated for me. Only in the tape mod I found them to be ok but there is no sub-bass, just mid-bass.
So, I need an EQ for increasing the sub-bass but also to reduce the mid-bass - otherwise I'm back to unlistenable cases.

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #7,522 of 7,699
I tend to use the bass setting on mid and EQ the bass down a little(but then I EQ all my IEMs). except when I really want to have fun for a few songs and feel my skull shaking, then it's full on sub and bass with something like Daft Punk RAM, the highres master converted to mp3 that has so much more low end than the CD master(highres sounds different, no kidding, it's not the same song at all), and then it ends up pretty much like this:

^_^

Apr 14, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #7,523 of 7,699
Are these a good match with the Chord Mojo?

Apr 15, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #7,527 of 7,699
Apr 16, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #7,528 of 7,699
  Are these a good match with the Chord Mojo?

Well, yeah, it's a great combo for me (with bass dial turned to full), but it might be a little too warm and mid-bassy for others.

Looking at your nick, though, I think you'll love the combo. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back