Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Apr 14, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #46 of 7,990
i said the same thing on their new headphone thread - i just dont think they will release a reference product that was not fantastic-  - with their reputation for quality why would they talk the talk if they couldn't produce the goods. That would be very damaging and they dont need to do that.

Im excited as hell and cant wait for them to be released so I can try and buy if they do live up to the hype.

Apr 14, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #47 of 7,990

Quote:
i said the same thing on their new headphone thread - i just dont think they will release a reference product that was not fantastic-  - with their reputation for quality why would they talk the talk if they couldn't produce the goods. That would be very damaging and they dont need to do that.

Im excited as hell and cant wait for them to be released so I can try and buy if they do live up to the hype.

Well they claimed that the IE8 was "optimised for professional monitoring" and offered "a high noise attenuation of up to 26 dB" ... I'd say those were both example of them "talking the talk" without delivering the goods.

Apr 14, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #48 of 7,990

Quote:
Well they claimed that the IE8 was "optimised for professional monitoring" and offered "a high noise attenuation of up to 26 dB" ... I'd say those were both example of them "talking the talk" without delivering the goods.

I cant verify that but sounds like a fair enough point you made.

I still think/hope that they have some substance - I suppose it just depends on how much

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #50 of 7,990
A lot of the marketing talk surrounding these reminds me of the original four-minute video plug for the HD800, in which Sennheiser claimed to have solved everything wrong with headphone listening. It turned out it had solved exactly none of those problems.

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #51 of 7,990
Maybe Sennheiser will revive their old trade-in program for money off the IE800s.  One can only hope, right?

Apr 15, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #52 of 7,990
Can't say about Sennheiser's other products, but for the one I own I don't think the IE80's are overpriced (bought $325). Not at all for the 2 yr warranty, build quality, replaceable cable (aftermarket cables also available) and of course the sound quality. The sound is bloody genuine and doesn't fail me with whatever the stuff I throw at it. It never makes me fatigue for as long as I want to listen to music. That's ridiculous.

Apr 15, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #53 of 7,990

Quote:
I'm wondering what overpriced product Sennheiser has flopped, because no matter what they sell they find fans.

A flop as in its not worth the asking price and sort of pushed back among all the alternatives lying around. Sort of like all the 'meh' middle of the line $100 - $300 canalphones and headphones they made. Many better value for money stuff in that price range. And lets not forget for the amount you would pay for the IE800 they would be competing with the likes of the custom world as well.

I just hope they don't make it the same consumer friendly 'lots of mid bass, veiled midrange' 'reference' canalphone the IE8 turned out to be. The IE8 isn't bad, but calling it reference was misleading.

Apr 15, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #54 of 7,990

Quote:
Can't say about Sennheiser's other products, but for the one I own I don't think the IE80's are overpriced (bought $325). Not at all for the 2 yr warranty, build quality, replaceable cable (aftermarket cables also available) and of course the sound quality. The sound is bloody genuine and doesn't fail me with whatever the stuff I throw at it. It never makes me fatigue for as long as I want to listen to music. That's ridiculous.

Where did you find them for $325? Is that usd?

Apr 15, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #55 of 7,990
Looks like the will have almost no noise isolation besause of the two vents, right?

Anyway, I wouldn´t start making fun of the IE 800 without having heard them. People were making jokes about the AKG k3003 because of the price, but now many repected members consider them to be one of the best IEM´s around.

Apr 15, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #56 of 7,990
well i don't know about u all but i got my IE80's just few months back n now this, well will wait for review for this one until then my 80's r perfect for me 
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back