Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Apr 13, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #17 of 7,990
The cables are definately NOT removable. Although it looks pretty well built, there is a join in the cable where the L/R cables meet which goes straight into a 3.5 Jack, the cable then continues on with a 3.5mm socket to 3.5mm jack and i'm guessing that this bit will be a spare part and they may make different lengths too.

Apr 13, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #20 of 7,990
Wrapped in Kevlar or not, the cables and cable strain reliefs are almost always the weak point on any IEM. Making the cables non-replaceable, espeically at that price, just seems daft to me.

Their reasoning that it was a "conscious decision so as to keep the bulk down" sound hollow when they go and produce another bulky and over-engineered carry case to go with it.

I know sound is the most important thing but I personally think they look horrible and there doesn't seem to be a great deal of effort put into ergonmics.

Apr 13, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #21 of 7,990
Oh F. And I was ready to pull the trigger on the 80s. 

Now they are vents, they have a purpose!

I found the ie8s uncomfortable as hell do these look to be an improvement,

I'm also worried about microphonics, are these gonna be over ear or straight down, any ideas?

Apr 13, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #22 of 7,990

Quote:
I'm also worried about microphonics, are these gonna be over ear or straight down, any ideas?

Yeah, edited the vent comment before you replied. I saw on hardwarezone that they do appear to vent. They look to be over ear, but the connection is reminiscent of the FX700, which were a poor fit for me. Hmmm, perhaps I will let others take the bullet and stick with the IE80 and t-500 foams.

Apr 13, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #23 of 7,990
Quote:

Yeah, edited the vent comment before you replied. I saw on hardwarezone that they do appear to vent. They look to be over ear, but the connection is reminiscent of the FX700, which were a poor fit for me. Hmmm, perhaps I will let others take the bullet and stick with the IE80 and t-500 foams.

Yeh I noticed that, the vents may cause isolations problems which would be a shame though!
Sounds like your pretty set on the ie80s, any reason why you want them?

Apr 13, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #24 of 7,990

Quote:
Yeh I noticed that, the vents may cause isolations problems which would be a shame though!

Want the 80s or 800s? I am drawn to the FR claims yet I know that to be marketing BS.

I had a pair of 8s and sold them as I had a poor fit with the supplied tips. Tried a friend's 8s with T500s and they were fantastic. I guess I'd rather stick with removable cables and the known fit of the 8s/80s. I am a basshead (to the extreme).

Apr 13, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #28 of 7,990
Quote:

Want the 80s or 800s? I am drawn to the FR claims yet I know that to be marketing BS.

I had a pair of 8s and sold them as I had a poor fit with the supplied tips. Tried a friend's 8s with T500s and they were fantastic. I guess I'd rather stick with removable cables and the known fit of the 8s/80s. I am a basshead (to the extreme).

I was asking about the ie80s why you wanted them an fair enough! Have you not thought about some other bass head earphones especially if their not avaliable! However I do think their bass is phenomenal but their treble is way to weak for my liking! (ie8 opinions not ie80)

Apr 13, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #29 of 7,990
Quote:

I was asking about the ie80s why you wanted them an fair enough! Have you not thought about some other bass head earphones especially if their not avaliable! However I do think their bass is phenomenal but their treble is way to weak for my liking! (ie8 opinions not ie80)

Apr 13, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #30 of 7,990
I am a treblehead. The lush, milky, silky and elastic treble is one of the reasons I can't take the IE80's off my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back