Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Apr 13, 2012 at 10:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7,990

PhilW

Member of the Trade: Audio Concierge
Thought I would start a thread in regards to the new Sennheiser IE800 In Ear Monitors . In my mind they look stunning and I must say I will be waiting anxiously until they arrive in the UK. The expected price is £499 and by the looks of it has a balanced armature hybrid driver. There is also a headphone amplifier to be launched too called the HDVD800 which is quoted at 1500EUR at the moment and should be a great partner for the HD800, HD700 et all.

Apr 13, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #3 of 7,990
It should be using dynamic driver. When what I read on DC Impress, it has ceramic housing and a chamber system featuring two resonators and uses a 8mm diameter "Smallest Extra-Wide Band Driver" which has a frequency response of 5~46,500Hz! On the back of the housing are two air ducts which will enhance the bass. The cable is the same as that on the IE80, coated with kevlar but is non-removable. Whereas the IE80 is intended for professional usage, the IE800 is intended for audio listening.

The pouch is really ugly though...

Apr 13, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #6 of 7,990

Quote:
It should be using dynamic driver. When what I read on DC Impress, it has ceramic housing and a chamber system featuring two resonators and uses a 8mm diameter "Smallest Extra-Wide Band Driver" which has a frequency response of 5~46,500Hz! On the back of the housing are two air ducts which will enhance the bass. The cable is the same as that on the IE80, coated with kevlar but is non-removable. Whereas the IE80 is intended for professional usage, the IE800 is intended for audio listening.

The pouch is really ugly though...

7mm

Apr 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #7 of 7,990
I sort of highly doubt the 5 - 46,500 hz range.... I doubt Sennheiser would bs these statistics but it's just so absurd.

Apr 13, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #9 of 7,990
I just read them on slashgear and my jaw dropped at the price...Given the prices of other iems here, I can only imagine these to easily breach 1000 SGD.

I've been hoping for more top-tier universals because I don't want to use customs. Seeing this got me excited until I read how much they are going to cost. Granted, Sennheiser might really have something in the IE800. 

Apr 13, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #15 of 7,990

Quote:
For 800 big ones, they better be :O

Haha that is true! With the frequency range claims and that they'll be hybrid these have the potential to be really quite something! Especially if the IE80s were for professional use and these are aimed at audiophiles, WOW we could be in for a treat (a bloody expensive one at that)!

Quote:
interesting, though they dont look like they'll sit deep in the ear canal :frowning2:

Nothing new their then, the IE8s don't touch the ear canal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back