Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Apr 15, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #6,796 of 7,990
I didnt hear any difference between my iphone 7 and mojo. And i really tried for a long time. Because i was hoping and expecting a big difference. Using tidal hifi.

Apr 15, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #6,797 of 7,990
I didnt hear any difference between my iphone 7 and mojo. And i really tried for a long time. Because i was hoping and expecting a big difference. Using tidal hifi.

A very rare voice, worth to endorse...

I think we both know what is the simple explanation: psycho acoustics...   
beerchug.gif

Apr 15, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #6,798 of 7,990

A very rare voice, worth to endorse...

I think we both know what is the simple explanation: psycho acoustics...   
beerchug.gif

I've tried ie800 + mojo and it sounded a bit cold to my old ears. 

While iDSD BL adds warmth and sweetness, gives the sound energy and instrument separation / details, Mojo didn't change the sound that much compared to FiiO X5ii, And this is kinda something like a shock because ie800 + Hugo was a great combo when I heard it last time.  As things are right now, I would either go with iDSD BL or Hugo. 

FiiO is cooking a new X7 as well that might be interesting, but my top choice only sound wise would be iDSD BL right now. 

Apr 15, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #6,799 of 7,990
I've tried ie800 + mojo and it sounded a bit cold to my old ears. 

George, if you think the mojo combo is too cold, I think your Fiio X5III listening has swayed you to the dark warm side :)

Mojo is significantly warmer than Hugo with ie800s.

Apr 15, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #6,800 of 7,990
George, if you think the mojo combo is too cold, I think your Fiio X5III listening has swayed you to the dark warm side
smily_headphones1.gif

Mojo is significantly warmer than Hugo with ie800s.

Actually, the one I heard actually and literally sounded cold 
biggrin.gif

But not bright, I can hear what we would name warm, the mids had a weird //cold tonality. 

Since it kept disconnecting and didn't even bother to connect to my mi max, I have a serious feeling that the one Mojo I tested was broken. If it was broken, then there's nothing I can do. Nobody who heard it didn't really like it so that particular unit might have had a problem 
redface.gif

Also, don't worry, I'm still in the neutral area. I don't have X5-3 
frown.gif

Right now I'm playing with iDSD BL from iFi, and I think it sounds nice. No roll-off, no treble smoothing, the cymbal energy is all there, but the mids have a sweetness to them that's hard to put in words. ie800 presents the same kind of mids sweetness naturally, again hard to put in words 
gs1000.gif

You've tested X5-3 after all>? Curious if you've liked it 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 15, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #6,801 of 7,990
Actually, the one I heard actually and literally sounded cold :D

But not bright, I can hear what we would name warm, the mids had a weird //cold tonality. 

Since it kept disconnecting and didn't even bother to connect to my mi max, I have a serious feeling that the one Mojo I tested was broken. If it was broken, then there's nothing I can do. Nobody who heard it didn't really like it so that particular unit might have had a problem :xf_eek:

Also, don't worry, I'm still in the neutral area. I don't have X5-3 :frowning2:

Right now I'm playing with iDSD BL from iFi, and I think it sounds nice. No roll-off, no treble smoothing, the cymbal energy is all there, but the mids have a sweetness to them that's hard to put in words. ie800 presents the same kind of mids sweetness naturally, again hard to put in words :gs1000smile:  

You've tested X5-3 after all>? Curious if you've liked it :veryevil:  

Glad you found a good sound with the ifi. Listened to their ss/valve combo at recent meet, but unfortunately it didn't improve anything to me over my Hugo. There were no X5iii's at meet, would like to have had a go as potential transport to my ordered Hugo II. But not keen on their Co-ax socket, so sticking to my X5i with a nice dedicated socket that's compatible with my cables.

Apr 16, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #6,802 of 7,990
Can anyone recommend a good cord upgrade for the ie800s?  Like a little longer, maybe a mic, but similar build quality.  While the stock cable is short and microphonicy, it's very very sturdy.

Apr 16, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #6,803 of 7,990
Can anyone recommend a good cord upgrade for the ie800s?  Like a little longer, maybe a mic, but similar build quality.  While the stock cable is short and microphonicy, it's very very sturdy.

Something like this?https://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk/sennheiser-rcs800-smartphone-microphone-lead-for-ie800-earphones.html

Apr 16, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #6,805 of 7,990
Yeah, but I'm in the U.S.  Site is a little buggy for me too.

Me too. I've wanted these when it was announced a couple years ago but I've never seen them for sale on USA websites or dealers.

Apr 17, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #6,807 of 7,990
Can anyone link me where to pick up extra IE800 OEM earfoams?  I swear some of the decisions on IE800 are just so anti-consumer that it frustrates me.  When I contacted them regarding the replacement foams, basically no response, well...then why the hell did you make it proprietary?  Now I can't even find it on their replacement accessory page. IE800's are basically useless without a good seal...so thanks for my $800 paperweight Sennheiser...

Apr 17, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #6,809 of 7,990
  Can anyone link me where to pick up extra IE800 OEM earfoams?  I swear some of the decisions on IE800 are just so anti-consumer that it frustrates me.  When I contacted them regarding the replacement foams, basically no response, well...then why the hell did you make it proprietary?  Now I can't even find it on their replacement accessory page. IE800's are basically useless without a good seal...so thanks for my $800 paperweight Sennheiser...

http://headphonespares.sennheiser.co.uk/portable-headphones/ie-800

Apr 17, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #6,810 of 7,990

You mean rubber tips, right? 
biggrin.gif

Ie800 doesn't have foam tips...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back