Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Dec 14, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #6,016 of 7,990
  Keep in mind the Senn proprietary (barrel) attachment is half the length of other tip cylinders and the screened end is almost flush to the phones opening.....which is probably integral to the over all performance as the sound is less influenced by the barrel as it leaves the driver.
Also explains why it has an actual attachment as it is with some full size headphones.

i can cut off part of silicon shafts when i do the mod to make the silicon shaft short

anyway i will def do alot of modding, how come i never thought of this modding

as i got really tired maitaining seal with stock ie800 tips, no matter what i do i loose seal easily, followed all advises mentioned here so i need to to a tip mod

Dec 14, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #6,018 of 7,990
  i can cut off part of silicon shafts when i do the mod to make the silicon shaft short

anyway i will def do alot of modding, how come i never thought of this modding

as i got really tired maitaining seal with stock ie800 tips, no matter what i do i loose seal easily, followed all advises mentioned here so i need to to a tip mod

Really interested!

What fixes for me when I keep loosing the seal is to wash both ears and tips, ears wash outside and clean inside using peryoxide then dry. 

Dec 14, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #6,019 of 7,990

Really interested!

What fixes for me when I keep loosing the seal is to wash both ears and tips, ears wash outside and clean inside using peryoxide then dry. 

believe me i followed all these advises to the book, its just those stock tips do not suit me

i will order now the chinese tips and do some modding and report back, but it wil take time as shipping sometimes can take 2-3 weeks

Dec 16, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #6,020 of 7,990
Spinfit fits very well but kill the best sq of ie800, comply tips too.

Stock tips is the way to go.

0e0a61fff2fc5601992e68cda53e0d6b.jpg

Dec 16, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #6,022 of 7,990
Unfortunately the stock tips don't fit many of us well, hence the discussion on third-party options. The best sound in the world won't do no good if the stupid little buggers keep sliding out.

And then it comes back around to the nozzle being so short you need to use the proprietary tips.  I have found that non IE800 tips don't stay on very well and can get stuck in my ear when I'm done listening to music.  And the length of the inner core of non IE800 tips changes the sound.

Dec 16, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #6,023 of 7,990
And then it comes back around to the nozzle being so short you need to use the proprietary tips.  I have found that non IE800 tips don't stay on very well and can get stuck in my ear when I'm done listening to music.  And the length of the inner core of non IE800 tips changes the sound.

This, for sure they made that short nozzle to improve the signature they in minds for ie800, common tips length would kill they purpose.

Dec 16, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #6,024 of 7,990
This, for sure they made that short nozzle to improve the signature they in minds for ie800, common tips length would kill they purpose.

honestly i am surprised why there are no third party tips made for ie800 which is very popular iem, and alot of people have issue with stock tips 

why dont we reach out to some tip manufacturer and try maybe we can get custom made tips with short nozzles 

really i like ie800 but i really hate the tips and the cable 

Dec 16, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #6,025 of 7,990
honestly i am surprised why there are no third party tips made for ie800 which is very popular iem, and alot of people have issue with stock tips 

why dont we reach out to some tip manufacturer and try maybe we can get custom made tips with short nozzles 

really i like ie800 but i really hate the tips and the cable 

Unfortunately there has always been something we hate at any iem we buy.

Dec 16, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #6,026 of 7,990

My Comply's fit very firmly. You actually have to put some work into getting them into place when they're new because it's so tight. So it's obviously not true with all tips.

The sound does indeed change, however. So you're just gonna have to choose for yourself what is the lesser of two evils.

Dec 16, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #6,027 of 7,990
My Comply's fit very firmly. You actually have to put some work into getting them into place when they're new because it's so tight. So it's obviously not true with all tips.

The sound does indeed change, however. So you're just gonna have to choose for yourself what is the lesser of two evils.

which comply model sorry to ask again

Dec 16, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #6,028 of 7,990

Yes I have chosen to throw away all of my Comply tips.

Dec 16, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #6,029 of 7,990
Spinfit fits very well but kill the best sq of ie800, comply tips too.

Stock tips is the way to go.

0e0a61fff2fc5601992e68cda53e0d6b.jpg

for me when i use spinfits they get stuck in my ears, i do not know how come we have different experiences

Dec 16, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #6,030 of 7,990
for me when i use spinfits they get stuck in my ears, i do not know how come we have different experiences

Hmm, my spinfits look different, they have a red soundtube and white flange. I found after around 6 months of daily usage I needed to buy a new pair since the soundtube loosens up a bit. You really have to push the soundtube into the ie800 and massage it on a bit. Otherwise you can try this mod here, it worked for me even with my old looser tips...

https://everydaylisteningblog.wordpress.com/2016/03/16/sennheiser-ie800-tip-fix/

I somewhat agree with sound impressions too, while I definitely prefer the stock tips in terms of sq, the fit is just so much more reliable with Spinfits and they still sound quite a bit better than my other gear. Comfort is great as always with the ie800s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back