Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Aug 6, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #3,991 of 7,990
I'm sorta in awe of how stiff my left cable has become and am wondering the same.  There appears to be no visual indication of any damage, yellowing etc.  It's as if someone shoved an invisible, very stiff, memory wire in it.  It's very odd to experience.

It is probably a chemical reaction caused by bodily fluids and/or by cosmetical stuff.

Aug 6, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #3,993 of 7,990
  Those of you who have or had a stiff cable, do/did you wear the headphones with the cable over the ear or straight down?

Both,it doesn't matter,eventually the left cable will harden irrespective of positioning,it's magic
biggrin.gif

Aug 6, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #3,999 of 7,990

I'd like to believe this is true, but there are accounts in this thread that say otherwise.  The highest I've seen is 23,xxx.

Originally Posted by mathi8vadhanan 

IE800 is really special, loving it with my Hugo. I was awake until 4 AM last night, listening to these.

I have no problems with the wires (s/n 33xxx) or fit. But, the seams on the tips are really starting to annoy me. Can't wear these for more than 30 mins, without getting a itchy feeling, because of ragged seam.

Any advice for tips with smoother silicone (ala, westone star tips)?

That's the highest serial # I've seen on this thread. I don't know what the long term outcome is.

Aug 6, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #4,000 of 7,990

I have 21XXX and was told that they are a replacement unit from 09/2014. So they seem to sell a lot.

Aug 6, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #4,001 of 7,990
  Originally Posted by mathi8vadhanan 

IE800 is really special, loving it with my Hugo. I was awake until 4 AM last night, listening to these.

I have no problems with the wires (s/n 33xxx) or fit. But, the seams on the tips are really starting to annoy me. Can't wear these for more than 30 mins, without getting a itchy feeling, because of ragged seam.

Any advice for tips with smoother silicone (ala, westone star tips)?

That's the highest serial # I've seen on this thread. I don't know what the long term outcome is.

I meant the highest # that had the wire hardening issue.  Just saying the > 2x,xxx is not quite true.

Aug 7, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #4,002 of 7,990
I've mentioned mine was 2x,xxx serial. The left side harden pretty quickly while it was being exchanged. My previous set has both sides harden, had it exchanged to this 2x,xxx serial and now only the left side hardens. Still an overall issue and would love some guidance toward changing the cables manually. Really not a lot of iem compares when it comes to technicalities, cohesiveness and bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back