Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Feb 21, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #3,001 of 7,990
Yo ! i've recently got myself the ie800 & i am loving it ! so ~ i'll be loitering around this forum ^^

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #3,002 of 7,990
Owned both IEM but my ears prefers the K3s more than IE800. IE800 has better bass of course, sub bass is good. But I prefer wide soundstage and neutral sounding iem. Therefore, K3s fit the bill
wink.gif
Would never get 846 as it sounds bad to my ears :/

How's the detail on the K3003s? On par with the IE800s? Better? Or worse?

Feb 22, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #3,005 of 7,990
does this mean that there were details that you could not hear with ie800, or that on k3003 the details were more emphatised?

also, how much better is the bass on ie800 [i kind of like their bass]?

When I auditioned the K3s, it's simply blew my mind off, it's the IEM that I'm looking for. The amount of details is just wow, soundstage is so wide but it has harsh treble which I don't really mind. The bass, as I listen to lots of EDM, the bass on 800s has more kick to it, the 'beat' decays longer. For the K3s the 'beat' come and go.

All in all, if you had the chance to audition it, by all means try it. I was once a hardcore Senns guy, but under IEM... Im sorry Senns, AKG won my ears :wink:

Feb 22, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #3,006 of 7,990
Just wanted to add that I recently got an AK120 ii , and the IE800s work very well with it. It requires more volume than the SE846, but I prefer the sound overall to the Shures. I can see why most prefer the SE846 though... It's just a very nice and very forward sound from them with plenty of impact. But for me, the IE800 is better for its overall soundstage and the clarity of certain details. With the AK and IE800 combination, I swear I am hearing details I never noticed before in some of my music, even with CD rips, let alone hi-res files. But everyone has different ears it seems, so I may not be representative of much.

Feb 22, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #3,007 of 7,990
When I auditioned the K3s, it's simply blew my mind off, it's the IEM that I'm looking for. The amount of details is just wow, soundstage is so wide but it has harsh treble which I don't really mind. The bass, as I listen to lots of EDM, the bass on 800s has more kick to it, the 'beat' decays longer. For the K3s the 'beat' come and go.

All in all, if you had the chance to audition it, by all means try it. I was once a hardcore Senns guy, but under IEM... Im sorry Senns, AKG won my ears
wink.gif

i find the K3003 treble to be on the verge of becoming 'hot' sometimes only with the 'high boost' filter , but with the 'reference' filter everything sounds great , musical and balanced with amazing air and soundstage

perhaps you heard some bad mastered/recorded music' ?

the only drawback i can find in K3 since i bought them last month is that it made me sell both my RE-262 and RE-600 since i found K3 to be quite a sonic upgrade and they sat in my drawer gathering dust

the ie800 can be bought for less money though ( i see some used here going for 500$ instead of the 700+ that the K3 goes) , so if you are on a more tight budget it may be a better choice

but harsh treble ? i ain't hearing any
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #3,008 of 7,990
i find the K3003 treble to be on the verge of becoming 'hot' sometimes only with the 'high boost' filter , but with the 'reference' filter everything sounds great , musical and balanced with amazing air and soundstage

perhaps you heard some bad mastered/recorded music' ?

the only drawback i can find in K3 since i bought them last month is that it made me sell both my RE-262 and RE-600 since i found K3 to be quite a sonic upgrade and they sat in my drawer gathering dust

the ie800 can be bought for less money though ( i see some used here going for 500$ instead of the 700+ that the K3 goes) , so if you are on a more tight budget it may be a better choice

but harsh treble ? i ain't hearing any :D

Perhaps it's bad recording I suppose. I've tried the high boost, but reference filters still stand out, bass filter? Don't even try LOL

One thing about 800s is the microphonic cables, bought the RCS800 too. But well so sad about the microphonic cable

Feb 22, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #3,009 of 7,990
  but harsh treble ? i ain't hearing any
biggrin.gif

I agree.  That is a bum rap.  
The K3003 has plenty of treble, no doubt.  But harsh?  nah.  

The K3003 does cymbals better than any IEM I have ever heard.
Not  sibilant either, when compared to something like a GR07.
To have that fantastic treble with nice full bass and great mids is really a beautiful thing.

Oh wait...this is the IE800 thread.  I like them quite a bit too  
wink.gif

Feb 22, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #3,010 of 7,990

All in all, if you had the chance to audition it, by all means try it. I was once a hardcore Senns guy, but under IEM... Im sorry Senns, AKG won my ears
wink.gif

so i guess that the treble is more harsh than ie800. i can totally live with that, i just am afraid of sibilant treble, th one which makes the S sound too long and resonant.. in my experience, ie800 worn over the ear and in general was a little sibilant, but never harsh..

i really should try k3003. i like harsh treble, with a little more bass, and all the people who tried it say that it is superior...

Feb 22, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #3,011 of 7,990
skerry , just buy ie800/k3003 and sell the one you don't like dude

you are 2 months now , circling around the same iems again and again and again , like a hamster shot with bad acid.

buy both and keep the one you want most , dude.

and the K3003 treble IS NOT HARSH , in fact judging by the feedback in here K3 is a fantastic all-around iem.

cheers

Feb 22, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #3,012 of 7,990
so i guess that the treble is more harsh than ie800. i can totally live with that, i just am afraid of sibilant treble, th one which makes the S sound too long and resonant.. in my experience, ie800 worn over the ear and in general was a little sibilant, but never harsh..

i really should try k3003. i like harsh treble, with a little more bass, and all the people who tried it say that it is superior...

I heard the opposite, actually. The K3003s have much less bass than the IE800s

Feb 22, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #3,013 of 7,990
I heard the opposite, actually. The K3003s have much less bass than the IE800s

In fact, the k3003 measures with poor bass extension. It's been a while since I've heard the k3003, but people have pm'd me asking for something with better bass extension to replace their k3003, so it's definitely audible.

The ie800 has better sub-bass, by contrast.

Feb 22, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #3,014 of 7,990

In fact, the k3003 measures with poor bass extension. It's been a while since I've heard the k3003, but people have pm'd me asking for something with better bass extension to replace their k3003, so it's definitely audible.

The ie800 has better sub-bass, by contrast.

true , K3003 is not the basshead's iem - if you want LOTS OF BASS or are a basshead listener, i guess something like SE846 would be better

on the other hand if you want a musical/detailed/balanced/airy iem, K3003 fits the bill

and btw , the k3003 bass extension is nothing but poor - it simply isn't the dominant force in a very balanced spectrum

cheers

Feb 22, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #3,015 of 7,990
Ok..I take it back.. the IE800 does sound beautiful! When I first got it on Friday..It sounded really muffled and bass heavy but after letting it burn in for the last 2 nights I can say these are a keeper..  I can hear beats that I have never heard before with my old earphones.. Very happy!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back