Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Aug 21, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #2,266 of 7,990
I've read that the T500s don't 'lock' into place and hold....  Hence the hack.... was thinking of butchering one of the supplied tips and wedging the tube into a Comply tip.... If they do hold, all the better..... 

I've already said many many many times and even posted the mod.....yes use a pair of the factory tips you aren't going to use cut it off keeping the locking barrel...this attaches to the T500 very securely once you do it you'll ask yourself why you didn't sooner once you press it on it locks into place just as the factory tip does and doesn't come off ....I already posted this along with photos look it up......

Aug 21, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #2,267 of 7,990
More micro details than the 120. A bit more brighter also. Can't really say more as i haven't gotten much time on the 240 yet with the ie800.

It's sounds great as I have both and have for a while now I love the combo and the 800's will reveal some recordings more than others but I find them very nice indeed I only wish to try them in balanced mode as I feel they would be even better.....I've loved the AK240 since I've had it ...I'm thinking of maybe someday getting the Red Wine mod though as I feel this may just make it even better...

Aug 21, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #2,268 of 7,990
More micro details than the 120. A bit more brighter also. Can't really say more as i haven't gotten much time on the 240 yet with the ie800.

Thanks.I'm waiting for your review.

Aug 22, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #2,269 of 7,990
I've already said many many many times and even posted the mod.....yes use a pair of the factory tips you aren't going to use cut it off keeping the locking barrel...this attaches to the T500 very securely once you do it you'll ask yourself why you didn't sooner once you press it on it locks into place just as the factory tip does and doesn't come off ....I already posted this along with photos look it up......

Ok, I found your post via search but not pics.  I'll keep looking.  In the mean time, How did you wedge the barrel into the T500 There's some give in the T500 but they seem to be similarly sized - any particular technique?.  I experimented with an old pair from my wife's TF10s.  I've some new ones on the way.  

Aug 22, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #2,270 of 7,990
Ok, I found your post via search but not pics.  I'll keep looking.  In the mean time, How did you wedge the barrel into the T500 There's some give in the T500 but they seem to be similarly sized - any particular technique?.  I experimented with an old pair from my wife's TF10s.  I've some new ones on the way.  

The barrel of the 800s without the tip is about if not the same size as the standard Sennheiser tip size....I just cut the tips off the 800's even with the licking barrel, if you notice the barrel itself is covered in rubber this also acts as the grip that hold the T500 square ....I just pressed it on once I got it most of the way on I pressed on a flat surface and it presses on it's not like you need tools or anything "not bearing tight" :blush: just snug it's a good fit and don't worry about reusing them you can just peel the comply off the pull the comply inner barrel off it's not hard as I've just recently done mine just upset me because the local shop didn't have anymore on hand "as they said they did":grin:.....the photos I posted showing the completed fit are there somewhere if not I'll try to find them and repost I think they're in my Sennheiser photos in my profile maybe ....a lot of people keep pushing the T200 I don't know about those as heard about it but I wanted a fit that wasn't going to come off and when I mean come off I mean I wanted to use the custom locking mechanism if possible...and I don't think the cost is killing for the Sennheiser tips yes the price is high but if I paid almost a grand for these I think it's very little in comparison ....that's why I said use the size you're less likely to ever use....it works fine I'm just a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to things and how they work as well as look ....I never really had a fit issue with these as I found myself wearing them both over ear and the regular way ....over ear is probably best and I think they knew it worked....think they just made the cable short on purpose to try and force people to wear them down...and again there needs to be a cable modder and maker like Moon or someone who will make cables for these and just extend the bottom part by 5 inches or so ....come on we know these guys love challenges...I don't know what's taken so long.....ALO could've already done it by now but they are on this kick about only selling new ones which yes I understand but ALO has got a good reputation why not do more custom work for us? I mean they came out with 2.5 balanced cables for my Shure SE846 but then won't release a 2.5 to 3.5 unbalanced adaptor so we can use them with everything else as well ....but they make the cable for their balanced iE800s and adaptors in both 2.5 balanced and 3.5 unbalanced ...I don't get this....if you make cables make cables.....☺️

Aug 23, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #2,274 of 7,990
do they need to be modded?

Nope....people say they work but of course they won't use the original locking mech. So they'll never lock down as they were meant too ....but hey if you don't want to do the mod then it's another route to consider.....maybe you should just look up a couple post and you'll see better yet just research the thread and you'll find what you're looking for .....:relieved:

Aug 24, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #2,275 of 7,990
I'll get my thoughts down on the 800's later but for now I have what could be a very, very sill question. 

How the hell to you use the carry case?!???

I've tried all sorts and the y connector either doesn't fit down the side when I put the buds in first or the buds won't reach where they are supposed to go if I use start wrapping round with the plug end 1st (Using any of the small holes down the side?)

I'm missing something surely and atm I'm using another case which is fine, it's bugging me that's all lol

Aug 24, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #2,276 of 7,990
  I'll get my thoughts down on the 800's later but for now I have what could be a very, very sill question. 

I've tried all sorts and the y connector either doesn't fit down the side when I put the buds in first or the buds won't reach where they are supposed to go if I use start wrapping round with the plug end 1st (Using any of the small holes down the side?)

I'm missing something surely and atm I'm using another case which is fine, it's bugging me that's all lol

I put the earpieces in first, then wrap counter (anti) clockwise. When you get to the Y 'cinch' piece, move that up a little so that the connector can make the turn around the corner. Continue wrapping and put the plug in the hole (for me it's the middle one).

Aug 24, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #2,277 of 7,990

I usually did it with putting the earpieces in the holes first and wrapping the cables around the case as tightly as possible. Normally the end plug would end up getting plugged into the lower hole on the side of the case.

Aug 24, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #2,278 of 7,990
I usually did it with putting the earpieces in the holes first and wrapping the cables around the case as tightly as possible. Normally the end plug would end up getting plugged into the lower hole on the side of the case.

I'm kind of fastidious when wrapping, so the cable doesn't overlap. All wraps are lined up next to each other. I don't think you need to wrap tightly as that might be bad for the cable. When I finish wrapping, I do have a little play left in the cable. This is my replacement for a defective pair (case and cable) and the first one wrapped exactly like the replacement. Sennheiser seems to be extremely accurate with their measurements. Good Luck.

Aug 24, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #2,279 of 7,990
The question is can you order an additional case for the 800's? as I have two pair, being a very early buyer of these when they first came out, the newer set has the better case "material wise" as it's softer more pliable than the early sets ...the early set's case material doesn't feel as nice :smirk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back