Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Mar 14, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #6,632 of 7,990
  Remote controlling for iPhone/IE800?

Does anybody know a reasonable solution/adapter for controlling (volume, back/forward) the IE800 on an iPhone? Because I don't want to have to go to the players menu for doing this.

Sennheisers cable adapter RCS800 doesn't work fully with iPhones and costs $140, so this really doesn't make sense for me.

My ideal remote control adapter cable would accept the 2.5 mm jack and thus substitute Sennheisers 2.5->3.5mm adapter cable. But also a short additional adapter cable 3.5->3.5mm might be a consideration.

Really nobody? Also not from China?

Mar 16, 2017 at 3:10 AM Post #6,634 of 7,990

Remote controlling for iPhone/IE800?

Does anybody know a reasonable solution/adapter for controlling (volume, back/forward) the IE800 on an iPhone? Because I don't want to have to go to the players menu for doing this.

Sennheisers cable adapter RCS800 doesn't work fully with iPhones and costs $140, so this really doesn't make sense for me.

My ideal remote control adapter cable would accept the 2.5 mm jack and thus substitute Sennheisers 2.5->3.5mm adapter cable. But also a short additional adapter cable 3.5->3.5mm might be a consideration.

Really nobody? Also not from China?

Couldn't find one that takes 2.5mm male. 
This one takes 3.5mm male.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/60cm-Headphone-Adapter-Remote-Mic-Extension-Cable-for-apple-iphone-4-4s-5-5s-/281441375228?hash=item41873693fc:g:TOYAAOSwfcVUGAZL

Mar 16, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #6,635 of 7,990

Thanks a lot. Will try it.

But as it's very long in case added to the standard cable, I may need a short female 2.5 to male 3.5 adapter, or such a very short cable. Any idea?

I had tried this several months ago, but apparently the Sennheiser 2.5 mm plug is somehow not standard. At least it didn't fit at that time with a short female 2.5 to male 3.5 adapter cable. Can anyone confirm this?

Mar 16, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #6,636 of 7,990

Thanks a lot. Will try it.

But as it's very long in case added to the standard cable, I may need a short female 2.5 to male 3.5 adapter, or such a very short cable. Any idea?

I had tried this several months ago, but apparently the Sennheiser 2.5 mm plug is somehow not standard. At least it didn't fit at that time with a short female 2.5 to male 3.5 adapter cable. Can anyone confirm this?

I had used this adapter, with Noble's bluetooth clip. Though it's TRRS, both channels worked fine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gold-3-5mm-Male-to-2-5mm-Female-Stereo-Audio-Headphone-Jack-Adapter-Converter-/141608433512?hash=item20f8853768:g:5aIAAOSw32lYxuGS

I recommend this TRS adapter, to be on the safe side.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2PSC-2-5mm-Stereo-Jack-Female-to-3-5mm-Stereo-Plug-Male-Audio-Converter-Adapter-/111420517075?hash=item19f12e2ad3:g:S-kAAOSwaZdXIFRt

Mar 16, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #6,637 of 7,990
  I had used this adapter, with Noble's bluetooth clip. Though it's TRRS, both channels worked fine.

I recommend this TRS adapter, to be on the safe side.

Sooooo many thanks!

May I ask, what's "TRRS" and "TRS"?

BTW: I also have a Noble BTS, but its battery is extremely weak (max. 1.5-2 hours)

Mar 16, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #6,638 of 7,990
  The 3 size mandarines and the medium senn. Keep in mind that the mandarines do not shrink as the senns due to the inner foam.

In case anybody is interested: I had ordered the MandarinES for curiosity and got them today.

In short: total desaster, don't even think of trying them.

They seem to fit well onto the IE800 nozzle, but there may be remaining leaks. The IE800 sounded completely out of balance, with nearly no bass. Only by keeping them manually and firmly pressed into the ears I got bass. But I could not find any self-stable fitting, with no size.

In comparison with the original Sennheiser ear tips, after careful testing which are best for the ear, I can get a very stable and repeatable fit, and with this fit, they also shield very well against outside noise. The same is true for well done IE800 ear tip clones. But those well done are not so easy identifiable from poor ones. I got them only after testing about 15 pairs from different vendors. Maybe better to "invest" the $15 (or so) for a pair of originals.

Mar 16, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #6,639 of 7,990

In case anybody is interested: I had ordered the MandarinES for curiosity and got them today.

In short: total desaster, don't even think of trying them.

They seem to fit well onto the IE800 nozzle, but there may be remaining leaks. The IE800 sounded completely out of balance, with nearly no bass. Only by keeping them manually and firmly pressed into the ears I got bass. But I could not find any self-stable fitting, with no size.

In comparison with the original Sennheiser ear tips, after careful testing which are best for the ear, I can get a very stable and repeatable fit, and with this fit, they also shield very well against outside noise. The same is true for well done IE800 ear tip clones. But those well done are not so easy identifiable from poor ones. I got them only after testing about 15 pairs from different vendors. Maybe better to "invest" the $15 (or so) for a pair of originals.

You should be a writer...

of sad stories...

Mar 16, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #6,641 of 7,990

You should be a writer...

of sad stories...

You missed the bright horizon given in this sad story :wink:

I've done a lot of experiments in all directions, and I can tell you, that the Sennheiser ear tips are quite perfect: they shield very well against outside noise and they can give a perfect fit within the ears. BTW: I'm only talking about hearing sessions on the sofa. Walking around is a no go (no pun intended :)

The only thing you need to do is very thoroughly testing for each ear which size and form (round/oval) fits the ear for perfection. But perfection (or something close to it) you can gain.

Mar 16, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #6,642 of 7,990
  @kuebler Are these the replicas or the real IE800? Maybe the bore sizes aren't the same. 

You don't want to give up hope?

Better do now voluntarily than later being forced by reality :wink:

My fakes (also after long experimentation) are quite perfect fakes (which a subtle variation in signature which I subjectively prefer over the originals). This doesn't have even the smallest correlation to the ear tip problem.

Mar 16, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #6,643 of 7,990

You missed the bright horizon given in this sad story :wink:

I've done a lot of experiments in all directions, and I can tell you, that the Sennheiser ear tips are quite perfect: they shield very well against outside noise and they can give a perfect fit within the ears. BTW: I'm only talking about hearing sessions on the sofa. Walking around is a no go (no pun intended :)

The only thing you need to do is very thoroughly testing for each ear which size and form (round/oval) fits the ear for perfection. But perfection (or something close to it) you can gain.

The sad part of the story is that I am waiting with baited breath for mine to arrive...

and then I see your sad story

You're right, the stock ones can be made to work as long as you don't move a muscle.

You've dashed my high hopes from Hungaria...

frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back